It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Eyewitness,Thanks for your time and courage to post what you have seen.As posted by others ,please don't get discouraged by some folk here.I really look forward to reading what you have witnessed that day.For the most part ATS'ers are very friendly and helpful.Enjoy your time here(I'm quite addicted to this forum myself,btw)and a BIG welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Skyway, it was when I was heading north on Mannheim that I got the best sidelong look at it, and it did look quite a bit like (I so hate to type this, lol) the ostensible cell phone photo --- evenly ovoid, overall lighter gray, a bit too distant to make out any features, if indeed features there were. From the parking lot, though, I was closer, but at a more underneath vantage point than a sideview one... from there, since I could still see it somewhat from the side but could see the bottom better, and it looked a little more disklike from the bottom, but there was enough sideview to see that it was a bit "higher" than the stereotypical flying disk... a little thicker than a Frisbee proportionately, in other words, and with much smoother curves. I saw no features whatsoever --- as I said before, there was something about the texture that halfway perplexed me, because while it seemed by its shading almost reflective, it didn't really seem to have a mirrorlike surface. Words really do escape me at somee points regarding this, and I'm fairly well a walking dictionary, so that's noteworthy.

As to how I felt when I saw it --- initially on the road I was curious and a bit excited by it, because it was fairly apparent that it was something quite different. When I watched it from the parking lot, there was simply no doubt in me that I was seeing, under practically ideal circumstances, a craft that was under control, that was capable of moving in ways that would, with normal (known) technology, cause a human body quite a bit of discomfort, if not brroken bones, and that it was, in fact, extraterrestrial in origin. I really thought it was going to land, and the friend who had rridden to the airport with mee said at one point "This will change everything." Emotionally, part of me wanted it to come down fifty feet from me, and another part of me wanted to run and hide. Not very scientific-minded of me, granted, but it had that effect.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Eyewitness,did you have the feeling of static electricity in the air that was felt by another witness who posted earlier?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
wow, thanks heaps for comeing foreward with those great descriptions.

So, are you conferming that those two pictures (the one on this thread and the one on the second thread) are of the UO you saw?

[edit on 26-1-2007 by funky monk]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
JBird, yes, sorry, less than the usual number of planes during the last minutes of the sighting.

In the parking lot, when first seeing it people made comments, but we were mostly all rather dumbstruck after the first few moments of watching, because for a number of us it wasn't a superquick glimpse, it was an ongoing and static sighting, with a realness to it that basically just shortcircuited your speech center. After it swept up and off, no one near me even said anything like "What was that??" It was difficult to find words. My friend and I reparked (I'd parked a bit far from the terminal entrance to continue watching the object) and each recounted to the other exactly what we'd just seen... I think it must have been sort of our reality test. We've discussed it every single day since then. My friend on the incoming plane said he would nose about a bit to find out more if possible, but he's not a United pilot, nor is he based in Chicago, so I'm not sure how much he'll reasonably be able to learn.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Again, great descriptions, Eyewitness !

Just curious as to how you found ATS?

Keep a thick skin, and thanks again, for the timely replies.

And I hope all the ATS members keep in mind, this is just

one person, so be patient while awaiting answers, please.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Eyewitness, Thank You So Much!

I'm at a loss for words.

And as so many of our fellow members can attest, that is indeed very unusual.

Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
--- as I said before, there was something about the texture that halfway perplexed me, because while it seemed by its shading almost reflective, it didn't really seem to have a mirrorlike surface. Words really do escape me at somee points regarding this, and I'm fairly well a walking dictionary, so that's noteworthy.

As to how I felt when I saw it

Eyewitness, it has been said before, but I'll repeat it again: Thank so much for coming forward with you information on this incident. You, and those who, like you, step up with what they know and saw may be doing the entire human race a huge service!

I might have a possible explaination for the craft's ability to mimic the coloration of the sky without actually having a "mirrored surface": some sort of advanced MEM's (Micro-Electro-Mechanical) camouflage. The actual surface of the craft is not "mirrored" , but would mimic (at least) the dominate coloration of its environment.

If you're a James Bond fan, think of 007 "invisible" Aston-Martin in the last film made with Pierce Brosnan.

As to how you felt during the sighting: did you or anyone you spoke with note any unusual sensations, Ie. a static charge to the air, diziness, light-headedness, or dare I ask, gravitational anomylies?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
hrm, there were a few things in one of the sydney papers the other week about the American govt. developing a type of cloaking tech that bends light around the subject. Possably the craft could have been using a tech like this.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
funky monk, the photo that looks most accurate to me is actually the cell phone one... that looks pretty much like my view of it from Mannheim. The other photo that I think you may be talking about, the one that purportedly shows it very low and over a runway, looks much too disklike to me... from the side, it looked more elliptical than that.

I didn't feel anything unusual until around the time it left, and it was such a quick sensation that I wasn't quite sure what to make of it... sort of a skin-tingle, but truly so light that it easily could have been fear rather than a genuine physical effect... although I don't tend to be especially fearful by nature, and am generally quite level even in bizarre circumstances.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thank You So Much! Eyewitness for sharing us.

Nothing could have desrcibed the sighting better. Gee! I could have imagined that. And I wish I was also there to see that fantastic event.

With all the new witness coming out & other evidence as well, I think it is time for us to hear an official word from the "Authorities". Don't you guys think so? This is screaming so loud that can not just be ignored.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
O'Hair cell photo sighting. This is exciting. I've been following these incidents and encounters for decades. I know that much of it has to be true. I find this one exciting because I have never seen one exactly like this one published anywhere.. and it is what I and others witnessed.. and closely so for some time in 1980 in Bisbee Az. Near, clear and enormous. 10 minutes. Departed. Within moments two early F16 fighters, one at extremely low altitude in risky terrain blasted through on it's previous path. So I know they know. I have a 'work in progress' to preserve this encounter on a Word doc file which I would be glad to share.. but these sites seem to take possession of our intellectual property by our providing such.. so I am at loggerheads as to how to proceed. I would be glad to share this info by email.. so long as I was sure it remained my 'property'. An important event and well preserved.. clearly identical in appearance to this object. I can't tell about the relative sizes though. I am a good observer.. of some technical prowess.. it is a good account. Moderator.. fill me in.. dead end here? Your loss. [email protected]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think this warrants another slot on Coast to Coast

Speaking of which, this may sound like a bit of a tin-hat question, but Eyewitness, were you been approached by anyone from the FAA or government/military after the sighting either at the airport on at a later date?

If so, what did they say? If not, don't worry about the above question! From what you've said so far, i'm guessing no one instructed you to 'keep your mouth shut'.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
frankly, i find Eyewitness's story to be more believeable and hopeful than any of these photos have been.

thank you for coming here!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
As many long standing members and staff of AboveTopSecret.com may be aware, I have a lengthy record of having a significant amount of deep-seated skepticism related to the possibility that this planet is being visited or monitored by intelligent beings of extraterrestrial origin. This stance extends all the way back to my involvement with MUFON in the late 1970's up until this evening.

While I've always vigorously supported speculation about UFO sightings being of fantastic origin, and indeed would celebrate a confirmed event, I've been (mostly) avoiding the subject myself.

This object may still be of terrestrial origin, but now, I'm leaning toward not.

Time to celebrate with a nice scotch.

Thank you Eyewitness. I hope your contributions end up making January 26th, 2007, a day none of us will forget, and many more may soon remember.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Can someone post a map with the intersection in question

Irving Park Rd. and Mannheim Blvd. (Near the Airport.)

marked?

I'm having a tough time with that on dial-up.

Maybe we can get a better idea, from Eyewitness, as to her sighting location.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyewitness
What I do know for sure is that a number of people in the parking lot photographed the object, and I encourage them to release their photos.

Eyewitness - it means you know those people?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Eyewitness - is there similarity of what you saw with these sketches from CNN interview?

[edit on 26-1-2007 by sergejsh]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Jbird

The intersection can be found here

mapquest

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Eyewhitness - why you have come exactly on this forum? Did you know it before?

Did you try to speak somewhere else?

You said that another whitness spoke on another forum. Can you give address or name of that forum?

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join