It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ouija, a scientific investigation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hiya, ape
Bet you forgot about this one, eh? Don't worry if you forgot what I am asking for; I forgot what I did yesterday...sadly

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Recording the results was done my myself and an Ouija believer – transcribing what we saw in notebooks which were compared later .

How invasive were you towards the group of volunteers? Were you at some distance, or quite close in on them? What was the environment of the testing area(s)? In a Living room/wide open space, chairs/floor etc.

If anyone reading this wants to make their own attempt would you plan on utilising any visual or audio equipment?

Results :

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

No coherent message of any sort was received . Over 20 minutes of testing failed to generate a single valid word in English .

Am I right to assume that you spent twenty minutes on EACH experiment? Were they performed back-to-back or on separate occasions? What were the NON-coherent messages you received?

And I echo the sentiments of some posters before me: it doesn't hurt to be cautious of such things, and we should all be respectful of what others say they encounter by keeping an open and fair mind. We also shouldn't be afraid to ask for information to help us make up our own minds and not let preconceived notions get the best of us before we even start - it happens to all of us about many a subject, I know.

We don't need to be overly-discouraging on anything - we should all keep the freedom to discover what we want for ourselves - but reading up and hearing from personal experiences are how we learn safely

Besides, how does anyone call it a board game? No dice, no cards and certainly no Meeples! Worst. Board game. Ever.

<< 1   >>

join