It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test for tolerance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
On the Current.tv website, there's an interesting test concerning intolerance:

www.current.tv...

And if you follow the underlined link at the bottom of that page, that will take you to a page linked to the famous Harvard Implicit test website. Check that out, if you haven't heard of it yet. Designed by a PhD sociologist at Harvard, this test has been around for about five years.

It only takes about 5 minutes to take the Harvard test, but it will rock your world.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Per the recent U2U that I received, the above link doesn't work for all ATS members. So here is a link located at the "demonstration test" page of the Harvard University "Implicit Test" website. Starting at this page, they just want you to click OK to indicate your understanding of the current scope of the test. The next page will then let you loose on the real test.

implicit.harvard.edu...

Once you take that test (just a few minutes needed, the last time I took it), they will display and explain your results.

Yes, I did take this myself a year ago. Tell you what, if at least one ATS member is willing to take the test, then just post a response in this thread that you completed it and then I'll tell you about my results from the demo test I took.

There are also more extensive versions of this test on their website (this IS Harvard we are dealing with after all), but the demo test does a great job of showing us where we are really coming from on the issue of tolerance.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just take some of those tests.

As I chose the Portuguese version I did not have so many tests available, but from the ones I had I got these results:

Race - Moderate preference for white people (I am white).
Age - Week preference for young people.
Country - No preference for country between Portugal and the US.
Sexuality - Moderate association between heterosexuals and good.

From the non-Portuguese IATs:
Arab Muslims-Other People - Slight preference for Arab Muslims.
Judaism-Other Religions - Slight preference for Judaism (I am an atheist).

join