It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

she's gone, so i'm drunk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
no, i'm not an alcoholic. i don't bury my problems in beer.

i just have more fun when i'm drunk. i don't miss her any less.

geez.

you wanna know my opinion?

all problems in relationships are caused by ignorance or emotional blindness that one is not willing to work to change. laziness is the hearts worst enemy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You know you're right...not about being more fun when drunk LOL (cuz you're sittin' on ATS not out whoopin it up) BUT you are right that laziness is a relationship killer.

Trouble is that it remains a two way street and it's nearly impossible to address problems when one person in the relationship has given up and won't play along.

I've read a lot of your posts around the board. You're a smart enough guy, young and looking to make some changes in your life. Stop kicking the crap out of yourself over her.

You likely did whatever you could to mend the relationship and she just wasn't playing along. I don't know the full scope of what happened, but it seems as though she's moved on and you're left feeling like doo doo...

That's a scenario that plays out a million times a day... not to take away from what you're feeling at all, just that I know you'll survive it. Cuz millions of others do.

Whether you like it or not...you'll meet someone else who will knock you off your feet and you'll have some great experience to add to the relationship. (Just try to find the positive or it'll be "baggage" you add...:stfu

Chin up!

(Don't you hate it when you're trying to be "blue" and someone comes along and tries to cheer you up?)

Oh yes and the "mother" in me says, "Never cry in your beer...it ruins the flavor."

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the only beer with bad flavor is olde style and steel reserve

not even tears can ruin the others.

but you're right. and thanks.

AAAAANYWAY. it's a frikkin party in my head, i don't need anyone else to be having fun. let's do this.

E-PARTY IN MY THREAD!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Now is that an e-party in your Thread or an e-party in your Head???

Old Stlyle...is that a Labbatts? (
)

I don't drink much anymore, but when I do it's a Granville Island Pale Ale or a Kirin (Japanese). Sorry I'm an academic beer drinker and a bit of a snob

Anyway...take 'er easy...if you ever need to vent feel free to U2U...I can offer some great lectures, butt kicking and every now and then I can even just listen

Enjoy the party

Damn I love this little banana...

[edit on 11/15/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
ugh nuff binge dranking for me for now.

was doing that earlier, just woke up again

didn't even drink today, well technically I haven't its 1 am now so i'm in the total clearness ahhh yeah self righteousness here i comes!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ahhhh self righteousness is where it's at...truth is I'm just too dang old to binge.

to those who still can and do.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
by olde style i mean olde style.

and i'm a bit of a connesieur myself. i just drink pabst when it's presented

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
No pabst here in Cana-duh. Unless you go specialty imports...

Trouble is I just don't apply myself enough to drinking. I could really do much better.

:w:

Still have a beer in the fridge...Kokanee...ewwwwwwww can't and won't drink it...vile swill it is.

It's been in there for two years now, seriously. How long does refrigerated canned beer last? Wonder if it gets better with age LMAO...

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
PARTY!!! Beer, women and parties make me feel young and happy again. I am never too old to have fun and be happy. Life is too short to feel glum all the time. Make new friends and PARTY!!!!! :w:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents
no, i'm not an alcoholic. i don't bury my problems in beer.

i just have more fun when i'm drunk. i don't miss her any less.

geez.

you wanna know my opinion?

all problems in relationships are caused by ignorance or emotional blindness that one is not willing to work to change. laziness is the hearts worst enemy.

Count me there with you man. I'm drunk as well, and may you find happiness in your current state. At least for a little while.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Usually, from experience, people drink to avoid the problems in their lives. In some cases it can be about regrets, wishing they'd made some sacrifices or spoken up when the time was there to speak up.

I hope you meet someone, as I did, who fills your heart with sunshine. They'll make you not wanna :w:. Good luck for the future dude, go out and enjoy your new found singledom.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
You need to go out and buy a few Reel Big Fish CD's. Nothing will help you get your spirits up faster than listening to Reel Big Fish! And it's good drinking music too!

Jemison

new topics

top topics

join