It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards Open House 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Does anyone have photos or videos from the recent air show this past weekend at Edwards?

If so, post link please!

Train

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Have you tried google?

One of those days when I wish I was American.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ya, I was there when the B-1 set all those world records during the air show. It was so intense. Basically the whole show revolved around the B-1 that day as it would have to pass the show center to end its speed trials. So we got to see it like 10 times blowing at just under the speed of sound.

And yes i tried google.

Train

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I love the Edwards Air Show! Been going since I was a kid. That base puts out the best airshows around for hundreds of miles. I missed this year. Hopefully I'll catch the spring show. Did the B2 buzz the line of cars in the mornig to entertaine the crowd? That was always a real treat for me as a kid. I remember once they even had an A10 do a simulated strafe run at an old tank sitting out on the field(desert). The B1 always did this thing where it would disappear over the horizon and then sneak up from behind and buzz the hangar complex at .9 mach. everything rattled. I mean EVERYTHING. Did the SR-71 do it's high altitude mach 3 flybye at mid day again? Just curious cause I'm jelouse that i missed the show this year and ya got to see it. Let me live vicariously through you! tell me all the cool stuff i missed. PS did the F22 do any manuvering for the crowd?
Ohhh, i'm gunna be sooooo pissed if I missed that!

Go Muroc Field

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Try this link to the Edwards AFB Airshow 2006

EDWARDS 2006

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I found this year's show fairly disappointing. The pacing of the performances has always been a problem, but this year the displays themselves seemed a bit subdued. There was no B-2 flight demo.

I have been attending the Edwards show since 1978 and this is the first time I haven't taken any pictures.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No B2!!! I'm going to call Edwards and yell at 'em. The timing for the airial displays have always been akward there. But they still put on a kick A show. I remember fondly the shows as a little kid seeking shelter from the desert sun by lounging in the C5's shadow. Did the F22 do it's thing this year? Glad I didn't miss too much. Still hopeing they do a spring show this year, so I can go soon.

new topics

top topics

join