It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Pakistan strikes Al-Qaeda Training Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

KHAR, Pakistan - Pakistani troops backed by helicopters firing missiles destroyed an al-Qaida-linked training facility in a northwestern tribal area near the Afghan border Monday, killing “many” militants, officials said.

Coming a week before the congressional elections, I find this pretty suspicous.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Grey]

[edit: added ex tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
October surprise?

Imagine the headline:

"Using information obtained from U.S. interrogations, Pakistani military forces destroy Al-Quaeda training camp: Osama Bin-Laden among the dead".

Or maybe it's nothing, time will tell. October's almost over, and the only surprises I've experienced this month really weren't in favor of this or any administration.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

October surprise?

Imagine the headline:

"Using information obtained from U.S. interrogations, Pakistani military forces destroy Al-Quaeda training camp: Osama Bin-Laden among the dead".

Exactly what I was thinking. Though I really don't think anyone in the reigns of power would be that audacious and stupid enough to bring their trump card out right now. It's a week before the congressional elections, no one would buy it.

There would be chaos if it were to happen.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The strike is a step in the right direction. Pakistan is a haven for the Taliban and al-Qaeda opertives. NATO and other nations need to cough up more troops and lanuch an offensive in the border/tribal regions of Pakistan. Untill this happens the Coalition will be handicaped in its battle against the Taliban and al-Qaeda.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey
www.msnbc.msn.com...

KHAR, Pakistan - Pakistani troops backed by helicopters firing missiles destroyed an al-Qaida-linked training facility in a northwestern tribal area near the Afghan border Monday, killing “many” militants, officials said.

Any such news coming from Pakistan is bull. We all know they're running with the hare whilst hunting with the hounds. Killing 'many' with missiles/attack choppers/F-16s etc etc, amounts to what? one/two terrorists? Good! Only 10.000 or so more to go!

And needless to say, since all's quiet on Pak's western front, (execpt for arming and equipping of the Taliban and Al Qaida by Pak's ISI), they have been forced to issue this statement at this time, a week before the congressional elections.

Not only is the timing suspicious, but to also show that the 'war on terror' is still alive and kicking.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey
www.msnbc.msn.com...

yeah, I have to agree this is suspicous as hell. As I have said in other posts, I think that some people may have the bush administration pegged correctly in these matters.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
WTOP news said about 70 dead in the attack.

Nothing would surprise me at the moment.

BinLaden found dead or resting place of BinLaden Found who knows.

They could dig up his bones to get a DNA sample then declare him
burned beyond recognition.

new topics

top topics

join