It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
First time poster.

After lurking for a time, I felt it was time to register and maybe occasionally offer an opinion. I'm most likely more skeptical than many, but not blind to possibilities. I've been impressed by the research members do here to support their arguments.

I've lived in the midwestern U.S. my whole life. I golf, fish, read, and enjoy my family. I should eat less and exercise more. That's a real short version.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, musky!

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the family Musky

Semper

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
welcome to Musky Heaven.

Instead of saying you were lurking, perhaps you should have said 'lunking'.

Just Kidding.

Welcome to ATS, Musky...skepticism is a healthy attitude here so I think you'll get along just fine.

BTW... I fished the same hole where that record fish was caught many times and can point to the exact spot where it jumped into that boat.

You wouldn't believe the stories I can tell...seriously! The best part is that it's still that good fishing there.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Masqua,

To say the musky fishing is still good in Georgian Bay is probably a bit of an understatement. I am from WI but know several guys that fish the area and catch very large fish on a regular basis. Not like Ken O'Briens, but large nonetheless.

That fish has a bit of controversy surrounding it, as do most of the largest muskies ever caught. The recognized world record was caught in Hayward, WI, and is almost certainly a fraud. You could probably start a forum here based soley on musky wolrd record controversy and conspiracies, and find it would attract interest if musky fishermen knew about about.

They debate the various scenarios extensively on musky forums; old photgraphs and affidavits have been analyzed by scientists, hand writing experts employed, organizations formed to dispute records, etc. Quite similar to what happens here in many cases.

All great fun.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by Musky]

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hi Musky,
It's nice to see another "cheese-head" around. Enjoying our early winter?
Our wood stove is such a friend.

Enjoy your stay here, I don't post much thus the lack of points but this is a nice cosy place to spend the winter.

Welcome WIS

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Musky. I hope your stay here is as long and as enjoyable as mine has been.

See ya round the boards,

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musky
You could probably start a forum here based soley on musky wolrd record controversy and conspiracies, and find it would attract interest if musky fishermen knew about about.

truer words were never spoken...musky fishermen are a rare breed indeed.

I love the stories I hear from them. Here's just one I got first hand. It appears this gnarly old fellow was casting a big wooden bait into a shallow, weed-filled little bay on the much larger Woods Bay which is a part of MUCH larger georgian bay. As he cast the bait out, he messed up on the baitcasting reel and wound up with a big snarled bunch of line. That's not hard to do, even when you're using 50lb test monofilament.

Anyways, as this old-timer was perusing this ball of line in his hands, he must have been waving the rod around just right, because right then a musky decided to grab that wood.

Well, there he was, standing in his 14 foot aluminum, all alone in the world except for this fish, the little weed-choked bay and a useless rod and reel.

What would you do, hmmm?

What he did was toss down the gear, grab the line and haul that fish into the boat by hand. That fish, he said, went totally nuts, ripping back and forth through that bay as he wound the line onto his left arm, you know...around the elbow and into the cup of his hand until he finally got it into his boat.

Releasing the fish from the barbless hook, he measured it, weighed it and took a picture before putting it back in the water.

I know he wasn't pulling my leg...I forget how big it was, in my minds eye I think it looked about 35 pounds or so, because when he showed me that picture like it was a treasure he was holding... he got all serious like, and told me it was the best one he ever caught. Then I remember he showed me the scars on his right hand, still there after a bunch of years.

I also remember this bit...he said that it was hard to pull the line in with all the blood on his hand, but, damn, that fish was worth it.

Musky fishermen...

When I was in Wisconsin, I stayed at the Sunrise Lodge and fished Lac Vieux. It's near Eagle River (?) and a lovely spot. Didn't catch much though, but worth every penny I spent.

I have my own tales to tell, but I'll save it for another day.

See ya around the boards, musky... catch ya later

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Welcome here, friend.

Eat less and exercise more, eh? I've been trying the complete opposite.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
How bout that, I like to eat and exorcise demons at the same time!

Just kidding, welcome Musky. Lurking is a shadowy term, glad you've come into the light!

top topics

join