It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify the following.. Part 2!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I found this several years ago in a cash register while working in a liqour store, i recognized the symbol as the masonic compass and square right away, but for years i was unable to discover the signifcance of a masonic seal stamped into a lincoln head penny, i was finally informed by the local lodge warden that it is a simple welcome token to first time visitors who are considering membership with the order, this penny was what really got me interested in the study of the order and everything that goes with it.. that was almost 10 years ago now

So my question is.. have any of you ever seen or come to possess anything similar?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Okay.. but isn't defacing the national currency considered a felony or some such thing? But I forgot many of the judges are masons so what does it matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
These are done as a "neat" souvinier to give away to a brother. Similar to the "Penny Presses" at many of the older resorts or "tourist trap" areas in the US. Other than that I am unawair of any signifigance.

Despite the fact I've found several over the years, I have no idea where they are manufactured. If any body knows please drop me a U2U with the information.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen one, but I'm going to keep my eyes open for it!

It looks pretty neat!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I belive that the press used to stamp the penny is likely located in any lodge that acually gives the pressed coin out, i dont really know this for a fact, but it seems most likely. i would assume it is a simple hand press that doesnt recuire alot of strength to use.

And as to the significance, as i said in the opening thread, the lodge warden of the local lodge of naples florida was happy and un-hesitant to inform me that it was a lil welcome souvinier for first time visitors to a lodge who were being prospected for membership.

It is also one of the prides of my masonic collection, second only to my 1946 copy of morals and dogma

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
That is really awesome...I wish canada and cool things like that

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Man those are awesome, all three of them are cool as heck, but that middle one is very interesting, is the compass and square indented or raised? it almost looks like it was minted like that rather then stamped afterwards

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have one like the one on the end and one thats not shown here that has a trowel on it. They are neet aren't they? A friend gave them to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The middle is idented. The other two(end ones) are raised yet not affecting each side

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is an item that I found in an antique shop. I bought it for $5.00. I am a new Mason and have many Masons in my family but I have never seen this symbol. Does any one have a clue to what it is or if it is even Masonic? It is about 6 inches wide and 8 or 9 inches tall. It also has a stand that is made of wire to stand it on a shelf. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. Thanks!

[edit on 5-11-2006 by Ajax35]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Dang dude.. thats cool as hell, it's exact significance is beyond me, but i can tell you that it is most likely british as it has the arm and hammer, which forms a G, it is my understanding that this is how they do it in brit-land

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Anyone ever see the font program that the Masons give out? I'll rue the day when I find that square and compass with the skull and bones in the middle.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax35
This is an item that I found in an antique shop. I bought it for $5.00. I am a new Mason and have many Masons in my family but I have never seen this symbol. Does any one have a clue to what it is or if it is even Masonic?

This is the emblem of the Junior Order of United Workmen, not Masonic but obviously influenced by Masonry...at least the stole the emblem.

mill-valley.freemasonry.biz...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I have a friend that is a lawyer, Ill have to tell him that I found an order that would just love to have him!
I was hoping that it was Masonic but I guess it does have ties. that bind and gag.
Thanks again for the info Appak.

new topics

top topics

join