It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Base - Dawsonville GA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sorry....just having a little fun with my imagination. I made that up.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes
Although there has been consistent rumors that a cadre of secretive masonic leaders rushed its stockpiles of gold and silver and cash into a secret vault near Stone Mountain just before the Union Army burned Atlanta to the ground.....

And to think I lived minutes away from stone mountain...I should have checked into this before moving across the atlantic.

Live and learn, maybe I will find something here in Hungary...though in the plains, where I am at, not much but a lot of hot thermal water. (Im awaiting for this supervolcanoe to go off...then I wont have to pay 1000 forint for the hot bath...nor the trip to the moon from the explosion)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If you need an extra hand, and your willing to drive all the way down to Rockdale County Georgia Id love to go.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
hmm dawsonville is about an hour away from here, seems like a weekend adventure to me

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
About
34.21.21 N

84.09.27 E

See what yall think

mikell

[edit on 27-10-2006 by mikellmikell]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Kind of scary to thing how something so serious like this was just abandoned, flooded, and swept under the carpet. Makes you wonder about the rest of the backwoods America in the suburbs... I mean, its incredibly irresponsible of the Gov't to just ditch such a serious matter as contaminated areas and items without a proper clean up.

Great find though, Hex... I'll be honest, I first thought this was another "So yeah my friend and I found this door, then all these aliens were dancing around me, and at that moment my camera broke so I don't have pictures... And I can't ask anyone because it's top secret" blah blah blah stories.
But I kept reading and it really made sense, wasn't too far out there, and then when the extra info came out from Behindthescenes, it sealed the deal... This is a very interesting topic, Hex, and I really thank you for posting it on here. It really opens the door to more research on similiar areas in other parts of the United States.

If anyone decides to visit, snap some photos and share your stories! This sounds like an incredibly interesting area!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by granoladude
Kind of scary to thing how something so serious like this was just abandoned, flooded, and swept under the carpet. Makes you wonder about the rest of the backwoods America in the suburbs... I mean, its incredibly irresponsible of the Gov't to just ditch such a serious matter as contaminated areas and items without a proper clean up.

Great find though, Hex... I'll be honest, I first thought this was another "So yeah my friend and I found this door, then all these aliens were dancing around me, and at that moment my camera broke so I don't have pictures... And I can't ask anyone because it's top secret" blah blah blah stories.
But I kept reading and it really made sense, wasn't too far out there, and then when the extra info came out from Behindthescenes, it sealed the deal... This is a very interesting topic, Hex, and I really thank you for posting it on here. It really opens the door to more research on similiar areas in other parts of the United States.

If anyone decides to visit, snap some photos and share your stories! This sounds like an incredibly interesting area!

Thank you so much for the support. I am glad to have actually added some valuable content to ATS... I always read *BS* posts on here and other forums.... and I just wanted to post something TRUE... thats what this site should be used for.... the sharing of truth... isnt that what we all want... not some disinformative bastards posting stuff to trick people up.. no offense to anyone here at ATS.. but please use this board the correct way. WE are supposed to be finding the TRUTH and bringing it to the public... before I signed up for this site, I must have read posts for almost 4-5 years shaking my head about how many lies you read...

hope this helps... thats my 2 cents...
-Hex

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When I read Hexed1911's post about the GNAL, I found some startling inaccuracies that I felt you should know about. I will not quote his text here, as it is tedious to read (with all the off-truths and typos). Here is the truth about the picture he has painted for you all...

I am the friend that Hexed first refers to in his text. Dawson Forest is not "Federal Property", it is a state forest. The mutual friend he mentions does NOT work for the DOT. He is a surveyor for a private contractor. He is not a contruction foreman, and is not in charge of road construction. Hexed claims that he worked on a Gov't cover-up of the base... COMPLETELY FALSE! The base was never a Top Secret facility. It was decommissioned in 1971, the year our surveyor friend was born, so believe me when I say that he has never worked there, nor did the company he works for. With the regards to the documents Hexed mentions, these papers are merely blueprints and technical literature. Hexed has never seen them. They were retrived by a friend who attended high school in the area and frequented the place as a teen. The reason Hexed's dad didn't know about the base is due to the fact that the base was Air Force, not Navy. In addition, it was run by Lockheed for the Air Force, so it wasn't exactly a military base. For precise info on the base, check out this doc:

www.etowahscenicriver.org/HISTORY.DOC

The base is indeed comprised of several underground buildings which were designed to implode when detonated, thus filling with river water from the Etowah. It is indeed an interesting place, but there is no conspiracy here.

As for kids being grabbed by FBI agents, this is also untrue. In fact, my friend and I were just there doing Bigfoot research (yes, you read that correctly) and were stopped by a police officer who was quite friendly and helpful. No cover-up here, folks. Just a decommissioned base that is no secret and quite easy to locate (terrestrially as well as on the internet.) Hexed is a good friend, and a good guy, but the nature of conspiracy theories is to find the "truth", and what he posted, unfortunately, isn't accurate. Thanks for your time, and good luck out there!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So are you denying that this was a nuclear facility, or what?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatafoolbelieves
When I read Hexed1911's post about the GNAL, I found some startling inaccuracies that I felt you should know about. I will not quote his text here, as it is tedious to read (with all the off-truths and typos). Here is the truth about the picture he has painted for you all...

I am the friend that Hexed first refers to in his text. Dawson Forest is not "Federal Property", it is a state forest.

I don't even know where to begin. This is the strangest flame I've ever encountered. A friend discrediting a friend? Okay.... Be that as it may, Dawson is managed by Ga., but it's owned by the city.

The mutual friend he mentions does NOT work for the DOT. He is a surveyor for a private contractor. He is not a contruction foreman, and is not in charge of road construction. Hexed claims that he worked on a Gov't cover-up of the base... COMPLETELY FALSE! The base was never a Top Secret facility. It was decommissioned in 1971, the year our surveyor friend was born, so believe me when I say that he has never worked there, nor did the company he works for. With the regards to the documents Hexed mentions, these papers are merely blueprints and technical literature. Hexed has never seen them. They were retrived by a friend who attended high school in the area and frequented the place as a teen. The reason Hexed's dad didn't know about the base is due to the fact that the base was Air Force, not Navy. In addition, it was run by Lockheed for the Air Force, so it wasn't exactly a military base.

True. And I don't get the feeling anyone else on here -- especially me -- was indicating that this was some super-secret base. If anything, I think the links I provided stated exactly what you say. It's not secret. Just not advertized. As for his account of his friend and stories in Dawsonville about FBI questioning of trespassers -- if they're false, then the egg is on his face. Certainly, it doesn't detract from what the story is -- an old nuclear containment facility flooded and sealed off.'

For precise info on the base, check out this doc:

www.etowahscenicriver.org/HISTORY.DOC

Actually, this is a very good read. Thanks for the link!

As for kids being grabbed by FBI agents, this is also untrue. In fact, my friend and I were just there doing Bigfoot research (yes, you read that correctly) and were stopped by a police officer who was quite friendly and helpful. No cover-up here, folks. Just a decommissioned base that is no secret and quite easy to locate (terrestrially as well as on the internet.) Hexed is a good friend, and a good guy, but the nature of conspiracy theories is to find the "truth", and what he posted, unfortunately, isn't accurate. Thanks for your time, and good luck out there!

Again, true about the facility being found on the internet. There is lots of info with the state of GA as well on it.
While I appreciate you clarifying things, I'm still mystified as to what exactly is occurring between you two.

Readers, let's sum it up this way: Take anything anybody tells you with a grain of salt, and look it up for yourself. In this case, we found documents to back up Hex's basic claims -- an underground nuke facility run by the military (in this case, via Lockheed) sealed up with citizens discouraged from adventuring nearby due to health concerns -- but beyond those, the friend, the FBI grabbing and questioning people who trespass, while they may or may not be true, they're incidental.

I don't think anyone was shouting "conspiracy!" on this. Just highlighting a little-known fact in a small Georgia town.

I hope you two are still friends....

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
First Off, I have to appologize if there is any confussion. The original intent for this post was to simply verify that an decomissioned nuclear "underground" (thats the keyword) base actually exsists in dawson forest. At the end of the post I wanted to ask ATSers if they thought it might be connected (figuratively, not litterally. Meaning not actually connected underground) with other underground bases built around the same time.

Allow me to quote myself for a minute.

Originally posted by Hexed1911
What we believe/know is that the base was used during the COLD WAR for nuclear weapons testing. After the cold war ended the GOVN wanted to dispose of the base. My guess is a nuclear reaction of somekind and they wanted to cover it up. Hense why they used some small time hush mouth contractor company to seal it off, pay them alot of money and they wont ask quesitons type of thing ya know? This is all that I can conclude.
However after reading numerous posts here on ATS I have drawn my own opinion. I think this base is connected some how with other underground bases the government uses to develop alien technology and such. I beleive something went wrong here and the government wanted to cover it up. Search for yourself, there is no record of the base anywhere that i can find, and sure enough, go there in person and you will find it. Good luck and be careful though.

I think this is what caused my friend to make this post. I THINK HE believed that I was trying to disinform you or create a conspiracy reguarding this base. However not my intentions. I wanted to prove to myself there is no conspiracy here.

1) the base was used for nuclear weapons testing. Nuclear aircraft in fact. This is true.
2) It was decommissioned (however before the cold war ended) and no longer used.
3) It was sealed up. The contractor didnt make a big deal about it.
4) When I said connected, I was meaning it might have been involved in the same technology development other bases did.
5) and yes. I think something happened. I dont think the government would have destroyed the base unless some sort of bad scenero went down. Sure it may have nothing to do with alien technology, or a nuclear explosion, but SOMETHING happened. I just don't know what. Neither do any of you.
6) true there was no record of anything that "I" could find. Hense why I tried to get my friend to help me weeks ago before posting this. He can't deny I tried calling him 2 specific times about it. Asking him to tell me what he knew. He said look it up on the internet. I couldnt find any more info. So I turned to ATS.

Ok so this is my 3rd time typing this reply out. For some reason my internet must have been acting up, but on two different occasions it wouldnt submit post and I lost everything I had typed. So now the 3rd time I have writing this, I am talking with a little more attitude than I normally would. A bit fustraiting if you could understand that.

- Continue on and read my next two posts. please.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by hexed1911]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Im rather curious after reading this thread for the past few days, i would be interested in getting directions to here so that i may one day check this out for myself

Could you possibly give me directions to the base?

[edit on 1-11-2006 by SneakySquirrel]

[edit on 1-11-2006 by SneakySquirrel]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I am not "flaming" my friend here, merely trying to inform you all of the truth. Hexed is a very good friend, and our friendship is in no way based around any of this stuff. I posted because the spreading of misleading information is retroactive to the goals that ATS is trying to accomplish. Anyway, keep searching, and good luck!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Now to address my friends statements. Which I don't have to do, but I feel I should.

Dawson Forest is not "Federal Property", it is a state forest.

Well I appologize. I thought it was on federal property. However, even state owned property is still in some way connected to the federal government. The government is the government. Owned by the state, or the country, that statement true or false has nothing to do with the fact the base exsists. However thanks for correcting that.

The mutual friend he mentions does NOT work for the DOT. He is a surveyor for a private contractor. He is not a contruction foreman, and is not in charge of road construction.

I have not regularly talked to this friend in over 2 years. In fact in the past two years, I have seen him 1 or 2 times. I did know what his job was, but I couldnt remember. However I didnt think this mattered because its not part of the truth/untruth we are trying to determine. However I know he was working up in cumming where the road work is. I took a guess at remembering what his job was. I knew it was some sort of contract work, dealing with roads and such. Sorry yet again for this misunderstanding.

Hexed claims that he worked on a Gov't cover-up of the base... COMPLETELY FALSE!

It was decommissioned in 1971, the year our surveyor friend was born, so believe me when I say that he has never worked there, nor did the company he works for.

I never ever claimed he worked on a cover-up at all, I only said his company did the decommissioning of the base. I knew he was not alive during that time. I only said his company did the work, and thats how we found out. Am I incorrect on this? This is what I remember you telling me. Maybe I'm wrong.

The base was never a Top Secret facility.

I dont know if it was or not, I never mentioned it was. In the "topic" of this thread you do not see the words: conspiracy, hidden, top secret, cover-up. However, I have asked 3, yes 3, employees of lockhead. None of them know the base existed. This doesnt proove anything, but at least I am trying to ask around. I do believe the base was top secret, because of the responses I got when asking. But thats what I PERSONALLY believe. Can anyone prove it was not top secret? top secret by the way is a very low level of security clearance. In case you did not know. Top secret doenst mean [anything]

With the regards to the documents Hexed mentions, these papers are merely blueprints and technical literature. Hexed has never seen them. They were retrived by a friend who attended high school in the area and frequented the place as a teen.

I can see how this was misinterpreted. The next time I post I should read back over and edit what I type. Like I keep stating, my intent for this post was to clearly prove the base exists in case people didnt know about it, and find out more information. If any. I didnt want to go on and on and on with how I found out the base was there. It became fustraiting pulling these facts up in my head, because I didnt know the whole truth behind it, and also I wanted to answer any questions that people might have preemptively. Imagine if I had only posted I had been to the base, and didnt have any facts to back it up. I know the papers only where seen by a friend of a friend, but who would believe that. I dont want to have to loose credibility because of that. The base is there damnit, I just wanted to prove it. Without getting flamed with questions from people, or comments telling me what BS I'm talking.

Keep reading on to the next and final post please...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[removed censor circumvention]

[edit on 013030p://upWednesday by masqua]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The reason Hexed's dad didn't know about the base is due to the fact that the base was Air Force, not Navy. In addition, it was run by Lockheed for the Air Force, so it wasn't exactly a military base.

Im not going to be mean here. Nore will I flame, however some of what my friend stated is a bit missleading too, due only to the fact he doenst know about my family history or has forgotten. The reason my father did not know about the base, is due to two reason I am assuming. 1) he was in Vietnam the time the base was closed, as well as he did not live in GA at that time. He lived in NJ/PA/CA/FL, and SPAIN. 2) my father was in the Navy during Vietnam, however after returning and taking time off, he was reinstated into the navy. I am not sure how, but he then worked for lockhead. He was transferred to Dobbins AFB in Marietta GA. I dont think he ever worked for the Air Force, however he was an engineer for C30s/130s?( i think) and other aircraft. Just one of my fathers many skills. If anyone would like me to find out EXACTLY what he did, I can ask him, but it was before I was born, and also while I was still a baby. Therefore its hard for me to piece together facts from my childhood.

Specifically, the comment about the base being run by lockhead, again my father did work for them, I can prove that. But when I said it was a military base, it was. Any branch of the armed forces is part of our military. Is it not?

It is indeed an interesting place, but there is no conspiracy here.

I have never stated there is any conspiracy here. I know this site is full of them, but I never said that, nore did I MEAN to give that impression. In fact, I only wanted to prove the base exsisted, and find out more about it. That is all. I know it is there. No conspiracy involved.

As for kids being grabbed by FBI agents, this is also untrue.

I stated that I didnt think this was a real story, although I had heard about it through the "grape vine" therefore no lie from me. Just a statement. which I could have left out. However in the pretty picture I was painting, it added some "happy little trees".

No cover-up here, folks. Just a decommissioned base that is no secret and quite easy to locate (terrestrially as well as on the internet.)

As stated before, That is what I believed. Say what you want, but I still believe this base was something more. It's one mans opinion. I stated that. I think my friend might have thought I was hinting around this base was some sort of government cover up. I have been talking to him about other underground bases, Dulce, Los Alamos, Area 51. I am interested in them, and yes i think they have alien technology at 1 or more of those locations. Although in my post I mentioned that it was what "I" think.

Hexed is a good friend, and a good guy, but the nature of conspiracy theories is to find the "truth", and what he posted, unfortunately, isn't accurate. Thanks for your time, and good luck out there!

And yes. We are good friends. His reply was a good thing. To bring more truth to what I say, even if its correcting the inaccuracies. We are brothers, and some stupid forum wouldnt mess with that. At least I didnt say " a friend of a friend of a friend".. insted I brought a friend.. hahahaha

Thanks to everyone. This is exactly why I NEVER EVER post on forums. This was the first Forum I have become a member to in YEARS. I hope my stay here is welcomed and appreciated. The truth is out there.

-hex

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think its good that on ATS we are actually having a relevant discusson of FACTS.

Its seems that too often around here, people go off into conjecture and even outright lie about things. Its nice to have a civilized debate of the facts, it gives me hope for the future of this website.

The only thing that sucks about this is that people are finally having a civilized debate on here, and its about an abandoned military base. Not to diminish the bases importance, but it would be nice to have discussions like this on other topic... but as we all know, as soon as reptillians or aliens or demons come up, all credible discourse goes straight out the window.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
In addition to responding to my friends post, I wanted to make another post after sitting on the facts a little...

In the document that my friend supplied, it said :
" In 1956 initial efforts to establish a military research facility in southern Dawson County were began by the United States Federal government, with the General Services Administration, Army Corps of Engineers, and the Air Force all involved."

This does 2 things. this proves not only this base was a FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FACILITY (even if on state owned land), but it also (almost) proves the base was "top-secret" or some other classified clearance. How you ask? Military Research is always classified and requires SOME sort of clearance other than civilian. Just because it is "top-secret" in no way insinuates a cover-up or conspiracy. Anyone can read this site or search the internet for a list of clearances. Most people know that Top-secret is a low level clearance, realitivly speaking in reguards to secret things the government does. Any body challenge this? or Agree?

Also The document said:
"The Georgia Nuclear Aircraft Laboratory (GNAL) was operated on the site by Lockheed Aircraft Corporation for the US Air Force from the late 1950’s until 1971. The initial intention of research at GNAL was to design a nuclear powered airplane. Although this project was not successful, other radioactive material related research was performed at GNAL. A small (10 mega-watt) radiation effects reactor was used in the research efforts from 1958 through 1970. The site was decommissioned and closed in 1971 by Lockheed. "

I am sure most of you are familiar with Lockhead, Skunk Works, and such. I know that this SOUNDS like I am trying to READ BETWEEN THE LINES and I am reading TOO MUCH, but too me, it all makes sense. If the base was used for nuclear powered airplane reasearch, why is it completely FALSE that the base could have been used to develop/research alien technology. It was build in the 50's which is less than 10 years after the roswell incident. Now again, THIS is where the conspiracy plays into things. I am not stating this is true in anyway. Only pointing out what I see, and what makes sense to me. However there is post after post after post on ATS about these things. They are all just ramblings and flames of nay'sayers and such. who the heck knows if any of this is true.

Take this above paragraph with a grain of salt. I only wanted to throw it in the air to have you guys play with the idea a bit. Its possible. Just like you cannot prove it is true, you cannot prove it is false either.

Personally, I am on the quest for what most people call SELF TRUTH. Whatever you believe is what matters to you. It all makes too much sense. However, thats the fuel that feeds the fire of these "non truth" conspiracies.

Anyone want to commen/add/challenge/ or give them opinion or thought?

This is not going to be a flame war. I think this is great to have activity on the thread thats in positive nature.

EDIT:
ALTHOUGH I will not edit the original post. I have to say. I AM SORRY for any misleading that is going on. I am only telling my opinion of what could be a bigger picture. In hopes someone can disprove me. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I live in SC and it would only be a 4-6 hr drive to Dawsonville, if you would, please send me directions on how to get there, a buddy and i want to check it out, take some pictures and bring it to ATS

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much more you can say about the property and former base. The documents, as you point out, speak for themselves.

It would be interesting if we could track down someone who once worked there for an interview....

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakySquirrel
I live in SC and it would only be a 4-6 hr drive to Dawsonville, if you would, please send me directions on how to get there, a buddy and i want to check it out, take some pictures and bring it to ATS

The directions as I remember them are: From where you live. Take 85 south to 285 west. Take 400 North past exit 17. The interstate continues up. When you reach the Dawsonville North GA outlet malls make a left on Dawson Forest Dr ( I think thats the name). From there I cannot remember EXACTLY how to get there, however I am sure my friend could give you specifics. I know you go up a few miles and go down a gravel road deep into the woods.

-hex

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join