It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Base - Dawsonville GA

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
First post! I'm planning to explore this site next weekend! It is safe to assume I can drive through the many dirt roads that weave through the area, then explore the sectors on foot? In regards to the directions to find the main building and passing the four way intersection: on satellite photos, when the paved road turns to dirt, all it shows on the image is a huge field. Is the building next to that hidden in the trees?

I'm very excited to check this place out. I'm an avid photographer so photos will be plentiful!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BSA2009

I'm also an avid photographer, AND a fellow local.. I haven't had the pleasure of making my way up there yet, however, I should warn you that it's supposed to rain this weekend
lol

I'm south of Atlanta, in Fayette County, FYI

Cheers man!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I can honestly say, I now want to make a trip out to this area and explore it for myself. You, sir, may hold the information to blow the lid off of the "underground base" conspiracies that are tossed around out there. But wow, just wow. This is truly amazing.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's looking like I'm going to make the journey tomorrow, after extensive studying of maps and information on this site. Still worried about possible radiation, you guys sure this is all safe?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have a group going up there next week. We are bringing a geiger counter and cameras, and if the radiation is'nt high, will be camping on site. We will post some pics when we return regardless of what we find. Anyone want to send me additional ideas for places in GA or SC, we are on a 4 day Urban Expl. trip, and would wecome the unknown!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenLeonard

I'd love to join ya'll! I live in the area

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
First post, let's see if I screw everything up. Picture taken Friday of the "Hot Cell" building:

edit on 22-4-2012 by Luxomni7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This photo was taken Friday of the concrete entrance to the underground operation building for the REF (Radiation Efffects Facility), the open air suspend unshielded nuclear reactor. Note how they have piled dirt over the entrance. The building is repurtedly five stories deep and connects with a 3000 foot tunnel to the parking area on the other side of the hill.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Another image taken Friday 4/20/12 of the access to the underground contol center at Air Force Plant 67, Dawson National Forest. For reference, the building is about 3 meters tall. Immedately adjacent was the wet storage pool where the reactor was "put to bed".

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
One last image taken Friday 4/20/2012. This one is what remain of the pool and shelter where the reactor was stored when not in use. Use being exposed fifty feet in the air hanging from four two hundred foot tall towers. The tank is now filled. I had heard concrete, but there appears to be a layer of botanical decomposition over the concrete or the entire fill was loam.

If there is a way to post photos directly rather than linking, I would appreciate the clue. Thank you.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindthescenes

Originally posted by dAlen
I would guess that Atlanta probably has a whole city underground.
Anyone ventured in the sewers there to find out?

Peace

Dalen

Well, we do have something called Underground Atlanta, which is cheesy at best. But if you're referring to the underground city postulated on the television show "Vanished," not to my knowledge. Although there has been consistent rumors that a cadre of secretive masonic leaders rushed its stockpiles of gold and silver and cash into a secret vault near Stone Mountain just before the Union Army burned Atlanta to the ground.....

In fact, the carving on Stone Mountain is actually the Mason's treasure map to its buried loot. If you allegedly trace lines from where the three figures on the mountain -- Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson -- are gazing off to, the vertex will literally land you x-marks-the-spot of the secret vault.

Are you serious? lol, "WHO WANTS TO REPEL STONE MOUNTAIN?!"
I never heard that story, and I live here.
Time to ask the locals!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Luxomni7

Thanks for the pictures!!

i keep comming back...

Fascinating

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Did anyone ever get RADIATION level counts??? Thanks...hoping to go up there this week.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
hi!!!! I am visiting dawson ville to see the base in a few days. now I know this thread is veryyyyy old but I need info and would prefer to have a guide!!!! send me a message if you can help and I will reply with my phone number

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: roxi66
hi!!!! I am visiting dawson ville to see the base in a few days. now I know this thread is veryyyyy old but I need info and would prefer to have a guide!!!! send me a message if you can help and I will reply with my phone number

I live in Forsyth and I give guided tours of sorts for free. I've been going there for years and I've made some post on this topic back in 08.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have been to Dawsonville twice. Wish I had read this thread prior to my last trip there.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ratz06670

Are you still giving tours of the place? I am extremely interested in going. Live near Cumming, GA.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I've been reading up on this a little. I find it odd that they'd be testing reactors anywhere but the desert. Especially with the DOE equipment available in TN. You never know though. Anyone thought of the possibility that the site could have been researching dirty bombs? Using a reactor to convert Cobalt 59 to 60?

Also there are 3 ways of decommission a reactor....DECON...SAFSTOR...and ENTOMB. Decon is where everything is dismantled and hauled away immediately and anything contaminated is hauled away and the land is released as safe so no NRC license needs to be kept. SAFSTOR waits for the rad stuff to decay then is dismantled and hauled away. Entomb is where everything is encapsulated in thick layers of concrete. No reactor site has ever used the entomb method according to the NRC.

It it has cobalt 60 then you're good bc half life is short. But considering the age of the alleged reactor it would use the HEU (highly enriched uranium). Wonder is there's any cesium there? That's what I'd be worried about. Then you have to think how'd they get the enriched uranium there. Who knows?

Also does anyone else know there was a nuclear reactor in downtown ATL until just a few years ago?

posted on Mar, 2 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: todthebod

There are rumors that there was a reactor of unusual design in Chicago at one time.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join