It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Nuke Test-Evidence Of Radiation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well it looks like its official now, they have confirmed a nuclear detonation but it was less than a kiloton.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An analysis of air samples collected shortly after North Korea declared it had conducted an underground nuclear explosion confirms the test took place, according to the office of the U.S. director of national intelligence.

The analysis detected radioactive debris, indicating the explosive yield was less than one kiloton, said a statement from John Negroponte's office. That is relatively small for a nuclear test.

The first air sample collected after Pyongyang's announcement last week contained no radioactive debris, but a second one did, as CNN reported Friday.

Officials wanted to do more analysis before confirming the North Korean test. Sources said a nuclear facility in Russia is near the North Korean border, and analysts wanted to rule it out as the source of the radioactive debris.

www.cnn.com...

They did not give anymore info on the type of weapon that was tested, which would have been helpful. I am no expert, but I would like to know for sure if it was a failed test.

There is also more info in that article on the sanctions and how other countries might enforce them.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Well it looks like its official now, they have confirmed a nuclear detonation but it was less than a kiloton.

Again I say, it was a suitcase nuke. They cannot produce them. They bought it on the black market and they probably bought more than one.

Related thread...

If they set off another "less than a kiloton" explosion, I'm convinced 100%

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Again I say, it was a suitcase nuke. They cannot produce them. They bought it on the black market and they probably bought more than one.

Do you think they may have reverse engineered one off the black market and now they're testing the prototype 'miniDong1'?

Suitcase nukes would definitely be a hot seller in black gold country.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Again I say, it was a suitcase nuke.

That was an interesting thread, thanks. Here is the thing though, if these bombs do exist and there were so many missing, why hasn't one been used yet as a terrorist weapon?

Tell you what, I will ask this in your thread because it is off topic.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Relax guys. North Korea may have a few nukes but they are a ways off in means to deliver them. They have decent missile capability but not that good. The blast appears to have been significantly less than Hiroshima.

We need to figure out this Middle East thing so we can divert more resources to N.Korea, should there a future confrontation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join