It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea = Oct Surprise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It's all pre deterimined to scare us into voting republican. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Sorry, but i do not agree with your assesment.

Honestly i think it's simply a coincidence that will be *exploited* by the republican majority.
I also think this is yet another attempt to gain the world's attention by the leadership of N. Korea.

We have known that N. Korea had been seeking nuclear technology for a while now, so a test like this was bound to happen. I nany case, i really feel the worst thing we ould do at this point is to cut off or deny any communications with N. Korea.

Before i get flamed, hear me out.

As i've just said, i feel this is yet another attempt (in a long string of attempts) to gain the world's attention. I honestly feel that N. Korea's goal is to be viewed as a real player in world politics, and the longer we simply ignore them, the worse it'll get.

just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I see this as being able be used as a catalyst for an October Surprise, but not this act itself. Maybe the October Surprise has already backfired without them realizing it.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The GOP runs the NK news agencies and/or NK government then?? The GOP also has complete control of every seismic monitoring station on the earth, in order to prevent anyone from showing that there was no explosion?

IF the GOP runs all that, they should be voted into power, job well done!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
or maybe its NK knowing we have elections coming up and know that it will be front page news due to the elections

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
North Korea testing a nuke will be front page news regardless of any elections. If it happens in january it will be affecting the november elections.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
if anything, I think it might scare some of us into not voting republican.
I think there is more of a danger connected to how the bush administration might react than there is from No. Korea.... I mean, come one, if they're lucky, they might get on hit, but then they'd be dust! I don't think the guy is that crazy..

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
odd...

o'reilly was saying that the N.Koreans are doing this to make us vote democrat...

as if anyone, much less a foreign country, cares about the midterm elections

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Have we forgotten about Mike Foley already?

I can hear the Democrats now.

"Foley Rules North Korea from Rehab Center; Calls for Massive Distraction."

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This isn't falling into the Republicans' favor.

Eventually, they will lose the ability to blame everything on prior administrations, and 6+ years might do it.

In truth (as if that mattered) the Clinton administration had KJI under control. It was Dubya's tossing him into the 'axis of evil' that restarted the nuke program efforts.

And let's not forget, the light water reactors in NK are there because a company called ABB sold them. And who was on the Board of Directors of ABB at the time? Can you say 'the same guy photographed shaking hands with Saddam after the 'gassing of the Kurds incident'?' Sure you can.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
right, so first Alex Jones says it will be a staged terror attack near the election to 'scare' people into voting republican? And now its the NK situation.

Surely if something big happened to America, people will see it as a bush FAILURE. Bush has promised to protect the US by essentially creating a battlefield to draw in terrorists, to nations far away from US Soil. Its worked SOfar (I'm probably tempting fate). Bush hasn't got long left anyway, its hardly a playing card.

new topics

top topics

join