It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jonathan' Murderers sentenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.citynews.ca...

Johnathon was stabbed 71 times in November 2003 and stuffed into the crawl space at his home. His sibling, Kevin Madden, now 19, was convicted of the murder last February and on Friday received a life sentence with no chance for parole for a decade.

Because Madden has already served three years, he will be eligible for parole in seven. The first two years of his sentence will be served in a youth facility.

Well, look at our Canadian justice system go. Disgusting. He is - in a literal sense- a murderer and a psychopath, yet he's elligible for parole in seven years.

"What was so striking about meeting with this gentleman was his absolute lack of remorse," Dr. Ian Swayze said. "He really had no reflection. He was angry at the system. He was angry at his family, not at himself for his behaviour."

The judge said Friday there is "credible evidence that he suffers from a deeply entrenched psychological disorder and psychopathy" and that he remains a danger to the public. Because of that McCombs said a youth sentence would be "inadequate".

For Christ's sake, he's at huge chance of re-offending. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get shanked in a shower, but then again, it's probably better than the lynch mob that'll be waiting for him -pictures in hand- if he ever gets out.

DE

[edit on 29-9-2006 by DeusEx]

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I can't even begin to imagine how horrible this is for the mother.

Kevin Madden needs to be locked up in a psychiatric institution for a very long time. This kid is a complete psychopath and should stay locked up where he can't hurt anyone else.

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Kevin Madden needs a long drop and short stop.

There is zero chance of rehabilitation, and a high chance of reoffending, even inside a psychiatric institution or jail. I mean, it's still against the law for a felon to kill another felon, right? So what happens when he kills again on the inside? It's not like they can stick him into a worse jail.

DE

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Stabbed 71 times?

Eligible for parole in seven years?

You have to feel for the parents of the victim on this one.

I'm not a supporter of capital punishment but there are times when you find yourself gritting your teeth and thinking how can we allow this to happen?

I'm alittle unclear on the reasoning behind this one. A man stabs another man 71 times, and can quite possibly be a free man in ten years?

How does this happen?

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Feel sorry for the parents, definitely. I feel even more sorry for his next victim.

Canada gives revolving door prisons a new meaning.

DE

top topics

join