It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Canadian Muslim's "Extraordinary Rendition"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
djohnsto77,

Don't you remember the first time we met? I'm crushed.

The RCMP wanted to interview Arar about another man they were investigating. When they first decided to interview him, he was out of the country. They put him on the lookout list so they would know when he came back and also so they could get Customs to copy his passport and go through his things. The system didn't work very well, because nobody noticed when Arar came home.

The RCMP contacted him for an interview, but wouldn't tell him what it was about. Arar agreed to an interview and then called a lawyer for advice. The lawyer agreed to go with Arar to the interview, but set conditions on it because nobody would say whether he was a suspect or a witness. The RCMP refused the conditions, so the interview didn't happen.

That led to him being stopped in New York. He was on a list that nobody bothered to take him off, because they still wanted to interview him. The RCMP gave misleading evidence to the US and the list of questions they wanted to ask Arar, leading the US to think he was a suspected terrorist. The RCMP was told that after his interview, he would be denied entry and returned to his point of origin, Zurich. When asked what Canada was going to do when he got home, the RCMP told the US that they had no evidence to hold him on when he got back to Canada, he would be a free man.

The next thing you know, Arar's on a plane to Syria via Jordan. When he disappeared off the face of the earth, his wife become worried and contacted the Canadian government. That's how our government found out he had been subject of rendition.

At no time was Arar banned from Canada.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163

we so forget the concentration camps for "the Japs" during WWII.

This is so nothing new.

I don't know, but I kind of think that allowing the future inhabitants of those concentration camps to continue to flow into the country years after the start of hostilitities might be rather a new tactic.....

I mean, not all the japanese that were probably wishing to come into the US after WW@ started wished to spy on us or blow us up either.....but, I bet they weren't allowed in!! I kind of wonder if we weren't shipping a bunch of them out long before those camps came into existance. which would you think is better, more humane, to prevent the possible terrorists to enter our country to begin with and ship out some of the ones we have here, or let them flow in illegally, undocumented, unscrutinized, uncounted....and then patiently wait for a few more hits to cause the paranoia in the people to build to the point where they are calling for protection and the camps seem to be justified in their eyes?
was it racist for us to place so many italians, germans, and japanese into these camps when we had so many new immigrants from these countries, or was it a more in the line of self defense, since some of these new immigrants had come here with the intention of harming our country?
We seem to have lots of people now trying to justify the torture of these suspected terrorists....they seem to want to even make it part of gov't policy. it wouldn't take much to ease it a little more into the inhumane side and they'll be justifying the camps, trying to make that policy also. making an honest effort to keep the future occupants from entering our country in the first place would seem to me to be a way of protecting them from possible internment, from torture, ect...than a racist act at this point.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yes, we must not trust the Canadians as much as we have in the past. If you want the truth about this thread, you need to uncover who really runs Canada.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shwnster
Yes, we must not trust the Canadians as much as we have in the past. If you want the truth about this thread, you need to uncover who really runs Canada.

Tell us, who really runs Canada? And, what do they have to do with Canadians providing false intel and the US torturing and denying a man the right to due process?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join