It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite Pictures , expert eye needed !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Can anyone offer some ideas about these structures in sand .

thnks

[edit on 17-9-2006 by 23432]

[edit on 17-9-2006 by 23432]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What is the source of the images? Where is this?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They are in Egypt and I thought that it does look like there was some kind of structure there other then sand .

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
My first impression of these anomalies is that they are bulldozed areas for gun emplacements.

They seem, for the most part, to face a bluff over which the arty was firing, probably as part of an exercise.

Do you have co-ordinates for those pics?

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not to seem snarky, but as far as I know, we don't have anyone here (me included) who is an expert at looking at satellite photos. We have a lot of people who have looked over a lot of these and have some opinions, but no experts.

That said, before declaring something to be "mysterious", we need to know where it is.

Then we need to grab maps of the region.

Then we need to look at photos taken over time (not all of hem will be taken at the same time) to see what it really is. The position of light at different times of day gives more clarity to what the thing is.

One of the biggest "fooling" parts to a photo with no references is picking out mounds from depressions.

Masqua and Umbrax called for the EXACT coordinates so we can all go take a look! "Egypt" is an awfully big place. At this point (as has been said) it looks like natural features in the desert.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hey everyone , thank you very much for your replies . Of course you all are correct , that Egypt is a big place .

Here are the nearest coordinates : 26.1 32.65 .

This place is left to the coordinates , approx . 5 - 7 miles to the left of given coordinates .

Thank you all .

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And, err, what program did you use to find these images? Google Earth?

Originally posted by 23432
Here are the nearest coordinates : 26.1 32.65

(translating it before someone gets snarky... that's 26.1 N, 32.65 E)
It appears to be here:
www.mapquest.com...

So we're looking at possibly river-carved features. It would be nice to know what the resolution is on the photos (how big the structures are).

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
And, err, what program did you use to find these images? Google Earth?

Originally posted by 23432
Here are the nearest coordinates : 26.1 32.65

(translating it before someone gets snarky... that's 26.1 N, 32.65 E)
It appears to be here:
www.mapquest.com...

So we're looking at possibly river-carved features. It would be nice to know what the resolution is on the photos (how big the structures are).

[edit on 18-9-2006 by Byrd]

Hello Byrd

Sorry for the delay in reply . I have used google earth for these images and altidute is about 700 ft .

There are also other " things " in the sand which resembles and animal with 4 legs and a tale .

There is also 7 point circular marks on the sand too .

i will try to upload those soon .

thankx

[edit on 24-9-2006 by 23432]

top topics

join