It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watchin Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is it legal to watch A51 from the perimeter fence or from a high hill. I have seen a documentary about A51 and ther was a hill in there that when your on the top you can see a lot of A51.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That hill you mentioned was 'stolen' by the government in the mid '90's.
The best spot now is Tikaboo peak, some 26 miles away from the base.
It is of course legal to view the base from up there, you're on public land.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
area 51 is becoming more and more overated, if you video tape anything they will be on you, if you want to see anything go on the net, you will not se much by actually going to the place, there are much more interesting places of government activity than Groom Lake

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadman
Is it legal to watch A51 from the perimeter fence or from a high hill. I have seen a documentary about A51 and ther was a hill in there that when your on the top you can see a lot of A51.

Technically Yes! The signs only say you cannot photograph or record anything out there. That's why people used to sit on the hills and watch with binoculars in plain view of base security. With the change in the bouders I don't konw how it stands now.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by ghost]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
See Zion's post above, for the current standing...the old hill used to be known as "Freedom Ridge", but it was appropriated by the g-men.... Tikaboo is the next best, though you won't see much...

The real activity is taking place both underground, and in other sections of the site (not Area 51 proper) that can't be viewed from public land...not to mention, other similar facilities around the nation...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yeh the government seized freedom ridge, what a drag. I'm positive that there must be underground facilitys at groom lake though.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
Yeh the government seized freedom ridge, what a drag. I'm positive that there must be underground facilitys at groom lake though.

its very likely that there is. Alot of things go on at Area 51 and they need the space to store and test certain things. I believe that there might be some labs underground

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
say i went to the closest place you could go and i had a videocamera what would happen has anybody ever tried?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well you'll have the cammdudes on your ass so whatever you get on video you'll have to get outta there quick otherwise you'll most probably get it confiscated. You will probably get some hassle but beleive me, those guys are used to people hangong around.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Doesnt most military and gov buildings have underground facilitys? I belive people think that they are hiding something there just because you cant see whats going on....have anyone seen anything that cant be explained as a new type of aircraft out at A51???

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by setecastronomy
area 51 is becoming more and more overated, if you video tape anything they will be on you, if you want to see anything go on the net, you will not se much by actually going to the place, there are much more interesting places of government activity than Groom Lake

Which places do you consider much more interesting than Groom? Not arguing, just wondering where you like to look.

Hey, I was wondering how people that just joined ATS have so many more points than I do? What's up with that?

I'm gettin screwed over here man!

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by DClark]

[Edited on 11-9-2003 by DClark]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Area 51 is overrated and too public (but the government likes it like that). If you want to see more secret stuff, look to the other bases...the ones you dont hear much about.

A little known fact: There are over 2,000 nuclear warheads in Georgia.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Dulce is the buggest mistery to me. I do not agree however that there isn't any activity at Area 51. I mean as somebody has said before, regardless of it's fame throughout the world, it's still near impossible for anybody to see whats going on there. Plus the fact that there are unmarked janet flights and buses going out there everyday. Expensive, and seemlessly pointless diversion to the public.

Ace

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
are there any documentary on the net from Area51
besides stories and such is there any site that has somekinda documentary online ?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I know it's slightly off topic, but does anyone know if Bob Lazar's S4 story has been proven a hoax or not? I like the whole idea so I hope it's not.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm goign to have to say that security is just too tight aroudn groom lake, and yes, at any rate, most of everything good is underground. If you can get near Dulce, it's worth a try.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Area 51... The Groom Lake Facility...the ever-so-mysterious military base erected by our government that keeps the minds, thoughts, and imaginations of the U.S. citizens curious to date.

Many speculate that the government is secretly in contact with aliens and alien research...making secret pacts with them and hiding it all from the citizens.

A few speculate that activity like that takes place elsewhere since A-51 has so much attention drawn to it.

Fewer still like to speculate the following: The government started that facility for the testing of nuclear weapons and X-craft. These X-craft were NOT spaceships of aliens...there were merely Experimental Aircraft. Thus the term X-craft. Well, a lot of people happened to notice the unusual sights...of course...they have never seen these things in the sky before...no one has. The term UFO was coined. People obviously did not know what they were looking at. Big suprise...thus the term UFO!
Then, the psychologists in the government's employ came up with the thought... if we get a crazy enough story out there...though curiosity will be sparked, the true nature of what we do will remain a mystery. So they released a guy to spread a crazy story to the press. His name was Bob Lazar. The public ate it up, and to this day...they are still testing "X-craft" however the general belief is that everyone is seeing Alien Spaceships.
for our government.

C'mon...applaude the attempt. At least it is a little easier to believe than some of the other theories floating around out there...!

[Edited on 11/16/2003 by ViperFreak]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've always suspected Area 51 of being a decoy base to draw attention away from the places where the stuff we think happens at Area 51 actually happens. I thought my theory was true once I heard about the Bob Lazaar story, but so many people are calling him a hoax. Still, that doesn't mean there's not a base like S4 somewhere in the country.

top topics

join