It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Threatens Sanctions on Iran, Iran Responds with Cure for AIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Iran claims AIDS research breakthrough
TEHRAN, Sept. 6 (UPI) -- Iran's Ministry of Health claimed to have made a medical breakthrough with a formula to control symptoms of AIDS.

The state-controlled IRNA news agency quoted an unidentified ministry employee as saying, "The research studies to find out a formula to cure AIDS was initiated during the tenure of two former health ministers and have led to useful results."

I suppose this is Iran's latest ploy to escape sanctions from the UN for it's uranium enrichment program. "You can't sanction us, we have the cure for AIDS."
I suppose next they will cure global warming and solve the Kennedy assassination plot with photographic evidence. They've already initiated a proxy war between Israel and Hezbollah to distract the world's attention. I doubt this little magician's trick will work half as well.

Can anyone find any evidence that this new secret formula is an actual success? I'd have to see some peer reviews before I believed this one. Tomorrow I expect to hear that AIDS is just a secret weapon of the U.S.A. and Iran is just trying to free the world. Who knows what crazy things they will say next?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
God. Iran is becoming a bigger joke day in and day out. I highly doubt that iran would even bother with a cure for AIDS. to these religous nuts, Im sure they see AIDS as a plague from Allah to punish immoral infidels, homosexuals, and other "degenerates".

They are as pathetic as Bush.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nice photo of the cat. It made me laugh. I read in TIME that the Iranians are ticked off that money has been sent to Hizbollah when their own country people go hungry. As fair as the AIDS thing, who knows? Maybe someone in the ILLUMINATI gave Iran the cure just to make things interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The thread title is misleading, but that is to be expected from this author, who has been caught spinning several times before. This particular deception is not as bold as some of his/her others, but it is still noticable. I'll give you bold, dbates, I'll give you bold:

The timing of this Iranian announcement is pure coincidence.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I hope they have found the cure for aids. I hope that this will be their leverage to keep the Bush Administration out of their country. Or maybe it will push us over there faster. Who knows. All we can do is make assumptions.

All I know is the only threat currently is ignorance and fear. This threatens are everyday livelyhood.

Down with the NAU!

Viva la resistance.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
scary as it seems, i HOPE they have a cure for AIDS

even though they (like any other nation or major pharma company) would use it as a bargaining tool, i really want iran to have developed a cure for the AIDS

please, let this be true

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
dbates, I think your tittle is very misleading.

From your own sourceLink

a formula to control symptoms of AIDS.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Dealing with a disease's symtoms and curing it are two totally different things.

I have crohn's disease and I take steriods and other medicines to deal with the symtoms.

They are NOT acure, but simply ways of dealing with what the disease causes.

[edit on 9/9/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Iran has far less corruption than most other states. They identified the USG as the cause of 9/11, they tell historical events how it is, and now they find the cures that have been withheld by our own governments for ages due to a sickening level of corruption. It's no wonder these guys are the target of an extreme propaganda war.

new topics

top topics

join