It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: So you think you can rap? Enter the Lysergical Challenge!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Let's all take a deep breath and then have a chill pill.

I would not like this to get too far out of hand here.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How about everyone listens to every track and makes a post with critique on EACH of them...
I believe everyone who has posted a song would like some feedback...

Which lyrics were the favorite, what was confusing, what was on-beat what wasn't...
not which song was better... sure its a competition but no one here is trying to 'win' anything... they're just displaying a talent.... and hopefully EACH can recieve some praise and some critique.... Stop focusing on such limited responses and make an actual effort to seriously listen to every track, jot down your thoughts and display them, don't just listen to one, and jump the gun and start displaying incomplete thoughts, or just saying 'Good Job... no one really cares to hear that... people want to know why they did a good job, and how they can improve.... Please people just because its internet doesn't mean it doesn't deserve your full attention.

I personally like the overall message you had BH... and the fact you did your own hooks.. I can feel you on most of your verses, and see your empathy towards certain minorities... The overall vision of the track is excellent....
The only thing I want to critique is, maybe going over and over your own lyrics... repeating them over and over again outloud without the beat, and then with the beat.... than listen to the beat so you feeeel both of them..
Don't over articulate your words, just flow them stronger... with rhythem, pause, the correct breaths... keep a part of your conciousness on the beat.. something that is consistant, and try to make your verses fit inbetween them, or make your 'rhymed' words hit certain parts of the beat, and keep it consistant.

GrimReaper... excellent quality audio... Like your track, and your over-all message...
good hook, like the flow.. Good levels... obviously a dope beat... Love the piano, and the ambients... I like your "I won't change for the money so f*ck everybody, people dying over nothing and this games gotten bloody" verse... and "People looking at this world like its coming to an end what can I say it seems this way so how can I pretend"... My recommendation for you would be to try different points of view in your tracks, take a point of view you wouldn't normally take, explain it from another point of view... and maybe extend your bars a bit, maybe work on wordplay although your pretty good... I like your writing style..

Yarcoffin, I'll be honest I couldn't really hear exactly what you were saying the whole time... I understand you probably didn't put to much effort in it.. but try to enuciate with enough emotion to make the words alive....

EDIT: Listened to the other tracks...

No offense to True American, but you didn't say anything on those tracks... although the quality is awesome, and sounds professional... good work... but maybe post something you spit on..

think I got everyone...

[edit on 9/28/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
The only thing I want to critique is, maybe going over and over your own lyrics... repeating them over and over again outloud without the beat, and then with the beat.... than listen to the beat so you feeeel both of them..
Don't over articulate your words, just flow them stronger... with rhythem, pause, the correct breaths... keep a part of your conciousness on the beat.. something that is consistant, and try to make your verses fit inbetween them, or make your 'rhymed' words hit certain parts of the beat, and keep it consistant.

Wow! That was really great! I know just what you mean.
Thank you! If I ever do another rap (doubtful) I will definitely do that! I really appreciate that.

I'm very structured and rap is more flowing...

Your first one: I love the timbre of your voice in the beginning. Low and sexy. The lyrics were a little hard to decipher for me, but I don't have an ear for this music. That's probably why I over-articulate.

The second one: Love it! Love the message, which I would never have gotten without the lyrics printed.
I see what you mean about the flow. I like how the words aren't all laid out in stanza form, more like sentences where some of the words rhyme or are even just similar to other words. It needs a hook, too.

That's all for me.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thank you very much BH.......
I keep trying to upload another track I did but it keeps saying my file type is not supported... I don't know why that is... can anyone please provide any assistance.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Is it under 4 Meg?

Did you fill out all the fields?

Did you kiss the bottom of the right staff personnel this month?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So you think you can rap? Enter the Lysergical Challenge! (reply 5)

BH That was awesome!!!

I loved this line: "It doesn't matter to me if you are white or your black.
All I want to say to you is that I got your back..."

Gave me chills...

Bravo.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

PODcast: So you think you can rap? Enter the Lysergical Challenge! (reply 8)
You thik you can rap

length: 02:00
file: btsmpod_1925.mp3
size: 1671k
feed:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Okay, what gives? I uploaded before with no problem..
why does it keep saying this now:

Your file, btsmpod_1926.mp3, of application/x-unknown is not supported, please try a different file.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Stunning BH ! I didn't know you had done this but heard it on the ATS review.

Good lyrics.

Get's my vote.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

PODcast: So you think you can rap? Enter the Lysergical Challenge! (reply 5)
Faster version - Much more 'rap-like'. I didn't realize how slow the first one was... Let this be my entry.

length: 02:48
file: btsmpod_1913.mp3
size: 2628k
feed:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Okay, what gives? I uploaded before with no problem..
why does it keep saying this now:

Your file, btsmpod_1926.mp3, of application/x-unknown is not supported, please try a different file.

I'm now on highspeed and still the same problem... what gives?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
roflmao

less QQ and more pewpew.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

PODcast: So you think you can rap? Enter the Lysergical Challenge! (reply 3)
rap music

length: 05:01
file: btsmpod_1895.mp3
size: 4710k
feed:

Just a shameless bump to hopefully draw other's attention to what I consider as one of grimreaper797's best efforts yet.

Keep it up Grim.

I just finished listening to your latest podcast and thought I'd dredge this one up for those who may not have been a member at the time.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here's my effort in contribution to this thread...

My beat with verse...take it for what you will...hope you like!

This was not created just for ATS by the way.

Probably not fair though cuz I got a studio...ah well...

I don't know how to link to a podcast so I guess I did it right:

www.podtrac.com...

Warning...explicit lyrics

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

I just heard this.

Even though you had told me before, not bad.

The contest reminded me of this place.

/stand on corner of BTS with his hand out

When do I get paid? hahaha.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join