It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU has refused imposeing sanction on Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have searched this information by google and yahoo search engine, no results show me like this, but in China, most of medias has reported that EU and Japan refused imposing sanction on Iran, so US have to do along.

If that information I got is wrong, please tell me truth.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by emile]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Could theybe reporting that the E.U will not impose trade sanctions on Iran, where the US has?

US Position:

o Iran is “evil”

o Last fall, US renewed trade sanctions against Iran for another five years

o Since then, Iran dubbed one of the “Axis of Evil” by George W. Bush

o US has threatened trade sanctions against any states which make major investments in the Iranian energy sector

o US wants to look at proposed EU business developments in terms of US law

· EU Position:

o EU wants to improve trade and relations with Iran

§ Part of EU plan to improve Middle East and Persian Gulf Relations generally

o EU wants to negotiate trade agreements with Iran provided Iran advise EU on political and anti-terrorist issues

o Wants to promote moderate and reformist factions in Iran

§ Encourage an alliance and better relations with the West

Dont know if that has any relevance to your posting above

link: web.syr.edu...

Other than that i have not seen anything on the E.U refusing to impose sanctions on Iran

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The EU always be in like lion, out like lamb!
Originally, they agree when Iran don't stop equrate uranium, they would impose sanction againt Iran combined US, but now they want more negotiation again! That's why they still are titan on commerce, dandyprat on politics.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by emile
they agree when Iran don't stop equrate uranium, they would impose sanction against Iran combined US, but now they want more negotiation again! That's why they still are titan on commerce, dandyprat on politics.

See the problem is as who have need of the oil of Iran, who doesn't and who wants it.

Is all political game, US wants to stop Iran oil markets because US control already thanks to Iraq and Saudi most of the middle east.

But China, Russia, India and other nations that do business with Iran will end losing been free from the US oil hold if they stop business with Iran.

Plain and simple.

While US doesn't buy Iranian oil, China and other major growing nations do.

Its all about oil wars.

top topics

join