It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footballer cautioned by police for crossing himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Celtic goalkeeper Artur Borac has been cutioned by police for making the sign of a cross in an "Old firm derby" (Old firm Derby is a soccer match between scotlands two biggest clubs Glasgow Celtic and Glasgow Rangers)

While there is a long history of religeous disputes between the clubs ,the Rangers fans claim Artur was inciting them to violence,normally I would agree buy in this case Borac was only doing a routine he does in all matches including ones for his National side Poland.

I think the Celtic goalie has been treated very harshly in this case.

Link

[edit on 29/8/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
More info on existing thread here.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The authorities have said that it was not for blessing himself? Now as a celtic fan I watched the game and I saw him do nothing wrong! Te rangers fans misyt want something back after what craig Bellamy done at Ibrox. He scored so he ran over to the rangers fans and blesed himself, it was really funny. We must remember that rangers have sold a few players because they blessed themselves too often

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You mean soccer player? Right?

Since we are in the rant section...A big rant of mine is calling Soccer...Football!

Since it is the 1st Sunday of the NFL, I propose a Man-Law....Football is Football, Soccer is Soccer! Period!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
NUH UH! Soccer is football, and American Football is...I'm not really sure, but it's not football. Anyways, apparently it wasn't about him blessing himself, but that he did "something" to provoke the Rangers fans. When there is no proof of such wrongdoing, they caution him anyway, and give him a criminal record.
It's complete hypocrisy. Why don't they caution every single bigot in the Old Firm games, who do far worse things then bless themselves?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
You mean soccer player? Right?

Since we are in the rant section...A big rant of mine is calling Soccer...Football!

Since it is the 1st Sunday of the NFL, I propose a Man-Law....Football is Football, Soccer is Soccer! Period!

Actually, I think football should be played with feet and we had first rights on it because football was around much longer than the NFL. How would you feel if we made up a sport and called it basketball (where a basket wasnt in sight) and then got pissed off because the rest of the world thought basketball was played with a ball and two hoops.

Youd think we were pretty stupid, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry guys! When I originally posted I didn't even think about the far reach of ATS! Typical American (I guess)

You European guys have the right to call soccer whatever you want!

My rant was mainly targeted at Americans calling Soccer "football"!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

top topics

join