It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.music: Atmospheric guitar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

PODcast: Atmospheric guitar
A short piece I recorded on my computer as an experiment. Consisting of electric guitar, drum machine and various samples

length: 02:55
file: btsmpod_1863.mp3
size: 2743k
feed: btsm

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Pretty cool, I like the way you ended it.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Good Stuff man

hope you do some more

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is really sweet... and quite frankly, kinda sexy sounding as well

Good job

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
wow impressed, Love that, I really enjoyed this things that where added and the ending Fantastic,

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes malganis, it's very good! Great job

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It flatlined a fair bit without direction and the drum machine should have been muted.I would sugest using real drums or pro recorded samples to give it a stronger foundation.

Are you using a pod on the guitars?That kind of sounded ok

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
No I plugged the guitar into my line in and put it through Amplitube.

I know the drums aren't the greatest, it was from a very simple free program I got off the net. The piece was just an experiment with Cakewalk GT3 anyway.

What do you mean the drum machine should have been muted? As in just had the track without drums?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was being cheeky as to imply the drums would sound better turned off

so you used amplitude then,doesnt sound too bad tone wise.A mate wanted to give me a copy but my music machine is WIN98 and i dont think
my version of protools would like it.

What do you think of amplitude then?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels2006
I was being cheeky as to imply the drums would sound better turned off

so you used amplitude then,doesnt sound too bad tone wise.A mate wanted to give me a copy but my music machine is WIN98 and i dont think
my version of protools would like it.

What do you think of amplitude then?

Haha yeah I don't know what it would sound like without drums. If I was to take them out i'd probably re-arrange the whole piece though.

It's Amplitube btw, with a B lol just incase you wanted to research it

Er yeah it seems pretty cool as an amp modeller, I only had a quick go on it for this and a couple of other things (i'm not actually a guitarist lol i was borrowing a friends one). I guess it's never going to sound the same as a real nice tube amp because it's just a digital reproduction. But you can do a lot with it and you can hear here what kind of sound I got just from tinkering around a bit, if you actually know a lot about amp settings then you might be able to get more out of it.

If your friend has a copy he's willing to lend you for free then yeah check it out and you would probably be able to get some cool sounds from it.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
amplitude sounds better
yeahh i know it realy well to be honest.A musician i know used it when it 1st came out(must be a few years back!)and used it to reamp an acoustic track he had layed down.He reamped it to sound like a hot stack screaming and it sounded fine

Nothing wrong with the digital modelers,I use them when I record guitars for ryth panned one side.I then use real tubes for another speaker pan rth track and solos as i prefer the harmonic overtones

I couldnt use amplitube even if i wanted too mate,my music machine is streamlined with an old OS and is rock solid.There is no way i would change any settings to upload a virtual guitar preamp when i have many real ones i use

but i can see its uses in reamping a track if needed

top topics

join