It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dude looks like a lady

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i stand my ground. guys with long hair are trying to look like a lady. no one had convinced me otherwise yet. hey long hair dude go get a haircut!

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oh yes, we all have our unique strokes… err… back on topic. I (since I feel you were kind of referring to me) never said all guys should be forced to cut their hair, just that I’m not a big fan of long hair on guys. Who knows, maybe it’s because growing up all my immediate male family members all had short hair…

Actually I was referring to anyone who feels like all men should have short hair just because they think their opinion is the one and only correct one. So I really wasn't refering to anyone in particular, except maybe the thread starter.

Anyways, that's perfectly fine if you aren't a big fan of guys with long hair.
yet going forth and saying that all men should have to cut their hair short is just being prejudice and discriminatory.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
i stand my ground. guys with long hair are trying to look like a lady. no one had convinced me otherwise yet. hey long hair dude go get a haircut!

Yet men have worn their hair long in myriad cultures for thousands of years, including America at every stage of history. Maybe it's your conception of long hair as an exclusively female trait that needs more examining?

But if testing your biases with research is out of the question, I'll (as a former longhaired guy) offer a few non-ladylike reasons guys do this horribly confusing thing:

1. They like the way it looks...allow me to introduce the concept of "personal preference"
2. Many, MANY women also really like the way it looks...do I need to draw a picture for you?
3. Short hair is a corporate look, safe and pre-approved. To a square mindset, long hair is subversive and disturbing (exhibit A: this thread). Some young men deliberately like to tweak squares, simple as that. It's apparently as easy as it ever was.

But even if you're right, and every guy who has long hair grew it specifically to look like a woman, so what? Who are you to dictate how anyone should dress, pray, eat, look, talk, etc? Maybe your inner dictator just needs a walk around the block to clear his head.

[edit on 24-8-2006 by Infinite Gamer]

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I love Jesus.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join