It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA says 'no' to asian tourists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Hell i am not sure of the numbers but i bet that allot of your tourism comes from us Brits/Europeans.

I’m not entirely sure that's true but who do you think travels and spends in Europe? It's bit outdated but you get the picture.

Where oh where are the Yanks!?

[edit on 17-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is one incident, and this thread title is really misleading.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What a stupid topic. Out of the thousands of Asians traveling to the US a few get stopped and people scream racism. Typical stupidity I'd expect from the anti-American crowd.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Also to add, you dont know what he told the cops right ?
If he told them "to go f$#% themselves" then obviously they
wouldnt let him in as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Lots of conclusions being jumped to here aren't there.

What is reported is a case of one tourist, (that's tourist, singular, rather than tourists, plural), being refused entry for what is quite clearly an erroneous statement that "Asian people need a special visa". What we don't know is what this man's nationality is, (just because he comes from Manchester doesn't mean he was British or travelling on a British passport), and so we don't know what his visa requirement was.

Visa rules are a little complex now and this could all result from him being the one person in the party without a machine readable passport and, therefore, not eligible for the visa waiver program.

Whatever else has happened it is clearly not a case of a blanket "no" to Asian tourists

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Any foreign citizen traveling to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program is taking a bit of risk. Although it rarely happens, you can be denied an automatic tourist visa and denied entry for any reason at all.

<< 1   >>

join