It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News From Lebanon Being WhiteWashed!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Several Hours ago, I checked Google News and saw two articles about the Israeli attack on Lebanon that caught my attention. Just now I went back and re-checked Google News and the two articles I saw earlier on the front world news page were still there, but the wording had changed, DRASTICLY.

Israel and the U.S.: Rushing a Rocket Order

Two crucial words have vanished, Cluster Bombs. It has no been changed to an innoculous "anti-personel" and the picture of a mangled up lebanese kid laying in the sand has vanished as well.

6 killed in Israeli strike on convoy
By JOSEPH PANOSSIAN
ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER
BEIRUT, Lebanon -- An Israeli drone fired at a convoy of refugees fleeing southern Lebanon on Friday night, killing at least six people and wounding 16, an Associated Press photographer said.

That article initially said nothing about it being a drone aircraft, and the rescue vehicles the article had said were hit has now been omitted entirely.

Maybe they were different articles that have been swapped out and I'm mistaken here, but all the other links on google's world news front page are in the same place they were when I checked earlier. I wish I had grabbed a copy of the front page or the aritcles before they got switched, but one things for sure, the new versions are a hell of a lot less damning. If you see something on the news, get it while you can because apparently they can be repainted pretty quick.
Whitewashing

[edit on 12-8-2006 by twitchy]

[edit on 12-8-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I have to back you on this as I've noticed the airplain distra..er I mean airplane terror plot has gained a lot of attention. If you check reuters you see a little more but Al Jezeera has a lot more coverage (.Net, not .Com). What's wrong with the whole picture. While Hezbulla is seen as a terrorist org, Isreal fired the first big guns before any Kartushas were even aimed in that direction. This seems to have been almost missing from all news reports. Mean while Lebenon is getting flattened for one soldier.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, but what, exactly is this thread trying to say?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Excuse my ignorance, but what, exactly is this thread trying to say?

Excuse my brevity, but did you catch the title of the thread?

I can sum it up in one word really, White-Washed. They take real bad things, and make them look not so bad in the time it takes to make a cup or two of coffee.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
didn't hezbolla kidnap the israeli soildiers to trade for the soldiers that Israel is holding from hezbolla?

when ever they refer to what triggered this conflict, they keep mentioning kidnapped israeli soldiers, and rarely a word about the captured hezbolla soldiers

it's painfully obviouse that who ever is controling the media, is definatly on side with israel.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Members:

While I do not state that there is no "white-washing" of News, from BOTH sides, I do think that what often happens is that the "first news report" in an effort to be FIRST, rushes into print or e-mail or tv, without All The Facts. Leaving it to later up-dates to enlarge and correct any errors. IMHO
USAFSS-SP

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Israel and the U.S.: Rushing a Rocket Order

This article is now requiring a subscription to read it, which is odd, I just read not thirty minutes ago.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
That is why I make PDFs of pages I suppose may be altered in a near future.

An archive of pages like that would result in an interesting read.

Edit:

Your link has the word "Premium" ini it, so maybe it is normal the need for a password.

[edit on 12/8/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Basically what happened to your news is similar to what happens to all news concerning Israel and it's enemies. Although this video is not exactly talking about this lebanon conflict it basically shows how the media works when concerned with Israel vs Palestine and how Israel gets it's side of the story in the western media and screws over the palestinians the same is basically now being applied also with lebanon.

This Video basically explains how the media works when the middle east is concerned everything is shown from the Israeli side.

The video is called Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land. Please i urge every single person to watch it :

video.google.com...

[edit on 12-8-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Twitchy, that is why I constantly save webpages to my hard disk before that can happen. I too have found articles that I know I've read be completely altered or removed! Of course there will be people asking for proof, but how can you prove something that is removed at the source?

Another day in the world...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That is why I make PDFs of pages I suppose may be altered in a near future.

Can you give me an 'Dummy's Guide on How to Make PDF' From Web Pages? There's been a thousand thousand times I wish I could save a page as is instead of converting it to .txt file. I have the program Adobe Reader 7.0 but hell if I understand creating new pdf and I would be greatly in your debt for a decent how to.

top topics

join