It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

gang stalking VS schizophrenia!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow!!!! My research reveals that schizophrenia seems to mirror the symptoms of gang stalking!!!!!

Delusions - false beliefs strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: for example,
1 Paranoid delusions, or delusions of persecution, for example believing that people are "out to get" you, or the thought that people are doing things when there is no external evidence that such things are taking place.
2 Delusions of reference - when things in the environment seem to be directly related to you even though they are not. For example it may seem as if people are talking about you or special personal messages are being communicated to you through the TV, radio, or other media.
3 Somatic Delusions are false beliefs about your body - for example that a terrible physical illness exists or that something foreign is inside or passing through your body.
4 Delusions of grandeur - for example when you believe that you are very special or have special powers or abilities. An example of a grandiouse delusion is thinking you are a famous rock star. www.schizophrenia.com...

#4= Delusions of grandeur - also can be feeling your being stalked by a highly organized group. Wow!!!!!!
And heres some more!:

Positive Symptoms of Schizophrenia

Delusions are firmly held erroneous beliefs due to distortions or exaggerations of reasoning and/or misinterpretations of perceptions or experiences. Delusions of being followed or watched are common, as are beliefs that comments, radio or TV programs, etc., are directing special messages directly to him/her. www.schizophrenia.com...

Now, how do you tell the difference between the two again?

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Marclar]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It seems you are implying that people who have had situations that are referred to as gang stalking are schitzo. Why do you feel the need to make fun of something you obviously don't know anything about?

Sure, paranoia is often a symptom of schizophrenia, most people are aware of that fact, but I don't know why you want to discredit something that has happened to someone just because it seems unlikely.

Maybe sometime you will have an experience out of the realm of normal behaviour and you will be ridiculed and labeled as a schizophrenic. I just can't imagine why you even started a new thread on this instead of posting on the existing one on gang stalking.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am not discrediting gang stalking. I am doing this because of a comment towards ME.

edit: typo

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Maybe I was a bit defensive because of the experience I posted on the gang stalking thread!

ATS does bring out the best and the worst of we mere mortals at times.

Being challenged, or the perception of being challenged can make us act ugly and small. Alot of the subjects we talk about here would be considered over the edge in main stream life.

I love having fun and sharing on ATS

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I was serious in my posts too, here is what I said:

I don’t think delusional disorder has auditory hallucinations. Especially the “commentary” schizophrenic people get. What about brain tumors?

Ok, lets say someone is schizophrenic and they hear people but don’t know where they are coming from, yet at the same time is able to ignore it because they realize it’s in their head. Strange coincidences in public but realizes one could be paying too much attention. Then one time with a witness, volume on a TV system turned all the way up by its self when the living room was empty. No one sat on a controller. Then it was shrugged off as maybe some kind of signal that caused the electronics to react. Many more coincidences, always shrugged off. How does a “poor soul” explain all of this.

There is a person who needs help.

And this was Gradys response:

I can't address specific questions such as those here on the board. You may need to speak with an MD about these matters or encourage another to do so.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
like i said one way to test gang stalking. go work 50 -60 miles away, if they follow you there to cause problems you know its true.

just because your paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you. if you know anyone going through such things, you know they are real, and the gangs use things like this thread to get to there victims.

at least we know the world is full of heartless apathetic shambles that descibe themselves as humans. i wonder do the same people who gang stalk, speak out against things like the war at the mo, i mean if your into wrecking lifes why bother pretending you care about others elsewhere.

like i said on another thread, i knew someone being stalked by locals and others. he said to an old friend of his, who at least a couple of his old friends said they was something going on against him and he was right. they were out to get him, and filling him with tablets was just a way to destroy his brain(which these tablets do). so at least there are individuals that try to tell old friends they are right. the person being stalked was told that they where trying to drive him insane. from what i know about that case gang stalking is far worse than described on the web.

so i like many others have proof these things do go on, your choice if you want to live in a world of lets pretend, where everyone gets along.i am sure that there are others on this board who know of others who go through this. like i said on the other thread there are shops on the internmet that sell directed energy weapons to make people sick, and to quote drive people insane. you can buy these on the web, just look for yourself.

we live in a society of apathy, where everyone is itching to destroy others lifes. i bet there are people on this board right now that take part in these practices, and they find these things absolutly funny. as one rule in gang stalking would be to isolate and ridicule.

the person i talk about above was stalked for at least 8 years and is still going on. so i and others know this sort of thing has been going on for at least 8 years in society. just when gang stalking was implimented in the west no one seems to know for sure.

just remember that saying - AN INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS THREAT TO JUSTICE EVERYWHERE.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

[we live in a society of apathy, where everyone is itching to destroy others lifes. i bet there are people on this board right now that take part in these practices, and find them absolutly funny.

Why do find such a thing funny?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marclar

[we live in a society of apathy, where everyone is itching to destroy others lifes. i bet there are people on this board right now that take part in these practices, and find them absolutly funny.

Why do find such a thing funny?

no i meant there may be people like that who find the idea of destroying others lifes absolutly funny, there even may be people who take part in this stalking stuff on this board now.

[edit on 5-8-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sorry, I’m just a bit leery of people right now. I didn’t mean to misinterpret.

Are trespassing gang stalkers fair game?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
eversince someone posted about gang stalking last week on ATS.

I didn't know the phenomenon by that name. I haven't made up my mind yet; but a video that was linked looked like pretty powerful circumstantial evidence, to me.

I want to throw a couple of other things into the discussion.

-From my minor in psychology, I remember that Schizophrenia is a psychosis, rather than a neurosis. Neurotic people are basically able to function in their lives; they are just extremely unhappy. Psychosis is such a profound disturbance that the afflicted person cannot function in even the most basic, short-term way. The various people I've talked to were largely functionaly---they knew where they were, who the president is, how to drive a car without causing a wreck, etc. Psychotics generally cannot drive in traffic well. Too much input.

-Remember that Schizophrenia is a SYNDROME, not a disease (though even the technical literature tries to blur this distinction.) Schizophrenia is a constellation of symptoms, which many sufferers have experienced as a totality, rather than known disease with a known cause.. It's also important to recognize that the definition of Schizophrenia is different in Europe from North America---the European focus is on objective symptoms of disfunctionality, while the North Americans focus on cognitive disorder.

-A much more useful Pscyhological diagnosis is Paranoia of a Schizotypal disorder

Here's the Encyclopedia of Mental Disorder's Definition of Schizophrenia

And here is the same website's defnition of Paranoid Personality Disorder

And while we're at it, here's Delusional Disorder ; again, all of these are from the Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders Online.

Schizophrenia involves disordered speech, etc., and so most victims of gang stalking should be easy to preclude (or not) from this category.

The Paranoid/schizotypal cluster has "withdrawal from relationships" as a big marker; in fact it seems to be the primary marker in most of the websites I've polled while writing this post. So, does a person have this, or not? Fairly easy to tell.

That leaves "Delusional Disorder: Paranoid type." Here, the victim has normal affect and social responses, until you get onto the subject of their oppression. They are largely functional, and don't isolate themselves.

All of these diagnoses point to "aberrant superstition and religious" ideation. Interesting, since it highlights the animosity that psychology and psychiatry often display toward all forms of religion and spirituality.

Apparently, you're chances of being sane are better if you are chased by drug dealers, instead of members of a cult. . . .

Delusional is, for state sponsored shrinks, the grap-bag they put just about every loner into. I saw a lot of that in my stint in law enforcement. As a matter of fact, a state shrink threatened to withhold my OK for a peace officer's commision, because I agreed with the statement, "some people are destined for hell" on the MMPI. The fact that I was then a TULIP'er apparently had no bearing on my deciding to mark that box.

I suggested we hash it out in court, and the Texas Attorney general's office suggested that the shrink should re-evaluate me as being of sound mind---since, other than being a Calvinist, I seemed completely normal.

Mwa-ha-ha-HAAH!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow thank you. This subject is very interesting and beyond me. I have seen many people with major psychological issues but it was a while back. As far as me, I just have a plain hard time with socializing because of my past. The gang stalking issue just makes me think about a few people including someone recently that were seemingly sane but had strange occurrences and could never prove it, therefore leading me to believe there was more to it. Coming across the organized stalking article struck confusion and fear. I felt helpless for the people going through this as if their was no hope.

Honestly identifying someone is going through this and having a response like “I recommend an MD” pisses me off and it should anger interestedalways also.

See where I’m coming from?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not all schizophrenics have disordered speech. Paranoid schizophrenics are pretty much devoid of this symptom. In fact, very many schizophrenics are hard to spot and seem very normal except when someone or something triggers their symptoms.

I think it is correct for us to discuss schizophrenia both on this forum and in the context of gang stalking, but this thread seems to create a false dichotomy. I have never been the object of gang stalking to the extreme extent described in the other thread (at least that I know of), but I have been the object of the wrath of a large number of people who were organized in their intent to destroy my academic career. I can also prove (though not on this board, except as my writings demonstrate) that I am not psychotic.

There is one thing that is for sure. If it ever happens to you, you will not have a problem recognizing it and you probably won't doubt your sanity for long, especially when there is a paper trail to prove that unfortunate events surpass the laws of chance.

[edit on 2006/8/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Marclar I agree that to suggest a MD as a solution to the societal sickness we have been describing is leaving much to be desired as true input in this discussion. I actually took the comment to be like a disclaimer you would see when someone thinks they can be sued if you follow suggestion contrary to medical advise. I believe Grady was trying to help, not hurt

I hope this thread will allow you to regain strength to fight this assualt that seems to be upon you. From my experience, these things are as much spiritual as anything. I believe the battle is manifesting in the physical because of certain things unknown happening in these times.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Like I said, Stop talking about me, this is not about me. I asked an important question. In fact, important questions shouldn’t be asked on a website like this anyway. So never mind. I’m not a spiritual person, and I’m not being stalked.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by Marclar]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Marclar

Its a very good point. Gangstalking is real, and the crossover is intentional. I have been a victim of this but with crucisl differences to the very often crazy stories that one finds on the internet.

My case has been documented by third parties (security companies employed for this by myself) , the perpatrators, their business, their adresses and their client were all unmasked, but what is astonishing is the huge amoun t of money that was spent.

It was in relation to massive lawsuits that were being filed, and the oposition spent millions to harass those involved.

Its not govt research or cheap groups of lunatics, it has a point and an outcome , and it may go on for years, but not 10's of years and its very very expensive to do.

Its aslo a forum full of people who have real psychological delusions , and crazy explainations...

But believe me its happening , but probably to about 1 % of those who report it.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There is a fine line between gangstalking and mental illness. The verifiable truth of mental illness is more easily accepted than the hard to prove gangstalking scenarios. Gangstalkers play with this unbelief and prey upon people unmercilessly thinking they will continue to get away with these human rights crimes. The will be Judged by God!!!!

Truly the evil man shall not go unpunished, but those who are just shall escape.
-- Proverbs 11:21

T.I. Trust in the Lord!!! Perps Judgement Day is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is no fine line between mental illness, and being targeted for this social abuse. I have seen schizophrenics that have paranoid delusions. 1. schizophrenics tend not to involve others into their solitary delusion unless questioned about it. 2. Schizophrenics with delusions tend not to seek rational sane solutions to their problems( In fact I have seen that schizophrenics use "crazy" tactics to deal with their paranoia. Last I would like to say that it is sad that psychiatric definitions of Delusions are so vague and wannabe Dr. Freuds misinterpret what true delusions are. If a person tells you something and you cannot disprove it , then it can be argued that delusions should not be used in a diagnosis if it cannot be irrefutably disproved for lets say 1 year. if a person that complains about gang stalking is mentally ill. WHAT IS THE MENTAL/SPIRITUAL State of the gang stalking perps? 911
Jacked up the concept of Normal Society. People went crazy and this is a symptom manifested our subculture Police love it for revenge reasons and It eases their job tremendously. crackheads love it so they can smoke more rock, Alcoholics love it so they can get more liquor. Yep some of them getting paid to do this crap no one would sit in their car or walk the streets looking like a retard for free just to catch a glimpse of the target sick pups Need JESUS for real all of US!!!!!!!! They will stay up to 4 am if they have to in order to trace your whereabouts and try to aim their weapons at you beware of idiots that stand near you with hands in pocket suspiciously.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Well, obviously, the distress from any misperception, let alone delusion outright, of any unpleasant experience whatsoever0, might well mirror the distress of exactly such an unpleasant experience in reality! And as the old joke goes, Paranoids have enemies too! After all, what do abusive bullies love more than to gaslight and sensitize an already vulnerable target?

Consider, for another example, how someone, especially perhaps an elderly person without much reserves of stamina, sufficiently and continually harassed might becomes so sick from stress as to seriously wonder if they have been poisoned. Authorities uncomfortable with such an individual might very unkindly and destructively mishandle such a case.

Truth arises only from the care and bother even of the most cursory investigation or interview.

--
www.FoolQuest.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Gang Stalking is real. Schizophrenia is real. Awareness of being followed or watched is real. Having delusions of being followed is real also. Do not mix the two. The evil genius behind the concept of Gang Stalking is knowing the victim will sound exactly like a schizophrenic or paranoid case when seeking help to resolve this social abuse. Let's face it unless gang stalking has happened to you it is a concept that is hard to accept. I have witnessed schizophrenics with delusions, and they do not rationally resolve delusional problems. Where are the I think I am George Washington Forums? I don't see any I think Buddha is watching me through my t.v. groups out there either. I cannot accept the notion that groups of schizophrenics and those who suffer paranoid delusions have networked to rally for an end to their torment through rational means. I propose that something has definitely happened to some of these people. I am not going to say all of the admitted TI's are truly TI's. You are always going to find a few nutcases in the bunch, but I am not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater and assume that a bunch of nuts are networking to resolve a delusional idea! Because that would leave the door wide open for such people to be exploited under the premise that they are mentally ill. The definitions of paranoid delusions state that the affected persons retain the paranoid delusion despite evidence that their claims are unsubstantiated. We must Investigate the phenomenon of Gang stalking before we can cast judgment on these people not only for them , but for us all. If Gang Stalking is real, then it is only a matter of time before this subcultural aspect becomes mainstream.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join