It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION*** DO NOT PARTICIPATE in the "REVISED" Thefinalanswertoeverything.com FAKE game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with Cutwolf. I think mechanic was just trying to help people get on the site. I may have missed something since I wasn't in chat but I don't think mechanic should have been banned.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Please read the statement by HardToGet in Mechanic 32´s defense.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
O.K. Let's regroup.

"Part of the game is finding the game" - Is this still legit?

Has the game started or not?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
O.K. Let's regroup.

"Part of the game is finding the game" - Is this still legit?

Has the game started or not?

That is still "legit".

The game is out there... it's up to the players to "start" it.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It is hard to know who to believe when one of the aspects of the game is "trust no one!" Is it possible that the mods are trying to throw us off? Not sure but will keep following the posts!

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
It is hard to know who to believe when one of the aspects of the game is "trust no one!" Is it possible that the mods are trying to throw us off? Not sure but will keep following the posts!

See that is the problem. A lot of this has happened to make part of the game. So if someone created a spoofed website, the trust was automatically put into question, so the 3 Amigos had to act quickly to stop what was going on. The reason that this is legit is because the Admin would doubtfully ever have us lower our security settings in order to participate in an online game sponsored by ATS. That is why I think this act is so reprehensible, because people will think it's "another trick and turn" of the game and follow through.

It's just really sad that it had to come to this.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmm the game is ''OUT THERE''??

Now i remember Springer saying it was gonna be more UFO based..

''The TRUTH is OUT THERE''.. famous X-files quote.. Maybe we should be checking the UFO posts

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
After further review, it's clear that the spoofed ATS game had little-to-no potential for a security risk to ATS members other than the possibility of IP-phishing.

It's been clear for a long time that faking any clues or other aspects of ATS games are grounds for immediate banning.

In addition, our T&C make it clear not to knowingly post false information.

With this in mind, member "HardToGet" has been banned, as well as his secondary and recent sock-puppet.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Has mechanic been unbanned?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Has mechanic been unbanned?

According to the member list, yes. He hasn't been back since the banning though. Hope it's just due to work or the like.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
After last night's episode of an ATS Game being spoofed I am worn out.

Mechanic32 has been reinstated as a Member in Good Standing because he was unfortunately duped into assisting the hoaxer.

Going forward be advised a Genuine ATS Game will NEVER require you to alter ANY settings on your browser, or any other software on your machine.

By the way... The New Game IS Out There.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WOOO GO GUYS.You better have found it before I get back from work. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I started a thread here awhile ago searching for the game ... I figure we can use it until it's found, then start one with the topic of the game. What do you think?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes, I'm back in the saddle again!!!

Thanks to the 3 amigos for seeing through all the BS, and finding that I truly was not a willing participant in the hoax.

Thanks also go out to all the members who voiced their support for me during this mini crisis. I can't live without my ATS!!

Thanks even to HardToGet who although was the originator of the hoax, also apparently went out of his way to let it be known that I was not a part of the hoax.

But also two thumbs down
to him for doing this in the first place.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Thanks to the 3 amigos for seeing through all the BS, and finding that I truly was not a willing participant in the hoax.

Thanks also go out to all the members who voiced their support for me during this mini crisis. I can't live without my ATS!!

Thanks even to HardToGet who although was the originator of the hoax, also apparently went out of his way to let it be known that I was not a part of the hoax.

But also two thumbs down

Great to see you back Mech!! Glad it all got sorted out.

Good luck on the new game!

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

But also two thumbs down

Oh man! I almost fell off my chair when I saw that they wanted to ban you! Holy sh*! I KNEW you would not do somethin like that! Goddamn, ATS wouldn't be the same without you!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How do I get to the file I changed for the hoax game? I want to change it back to normal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join