It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(DOC) A Talk Between Gentleman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Try and guess who they are!

Talk Between Gentleman
By Voidmaster

“Are you sure your calculations are correct?”

“Do you honestly think I made a mistake? How long have you known me?”

“Okay, I get your point. But maybe you forgot an addition sign somewhere…”

“No I didn’t. These calculations are the best work I’ve done, aside from the machine that works because of them.”

“Okay, then why did you bring them to me?”

“You can make it like they never existed.”

“What?”

“If the machine behind these calculations are discovered, then it’ll be the end of the civilized world as we know it.”

“It can’t be that bad.”

“Can’t it? What if this got into the wrong hands? Can you see the Germans using this?

“Dear Lord, that can’t happen!”

“Exactly. If this happened into the hands of Hitler, he’d have the world at his feet in no time at all.”

“Okay, I understand why it needs to vanish, but how?”

“Pardon?”

“You just can’t make something like this disappear. Even if you do get rid of it now, someone else is bound to stumble across the same line of thought which lead you to it.”

“Not if we collaborate.”

“What?”

“If we work together, we can make it so NO ONE will EVER come across this.”

“How?”

“You’re a influential person, discredit me like you’ve never discredited before.”

“What will you do?”

“As I get older, I’ll start to act like I’m slowly losing my mind. I’m going to also make more and more outrageous claims about what I have accomplished.”

“I see what you’re getting at! We obviously have at least 30 to 40 years before someone else has the brainpower to think of this. If we use those years wisely, and discredit you completely, you can tell the public and they won’t believe you.”

“Exactly! We’ll hide this one concept in plain sight, and the public will never know that we hid it, or had it at all.”

“Are you sure you want to do this? I mean this is taking a risk. What if the public doesn’t bite?”
“They will. If we do our parts right, they will.”

“You know, this WILL be discovered some day, whatever we do now.”

“You’re right. We can’t keep it from being discovered. What we can do, though, is try and make sure the right people find it first.”

“I’m listening.”

“We put these schematics in a handbag and hide it in a secret compartment, so that a proper scientist might stumble across it someday.”

“But where?”

“Now that’s the question. Maybe in one of our labs?”

“I’ve got it! We’ll hide it right here, in this loose block in the chimney.”

“Are you sure someone will find it there?”

“Eventually, just not within the next 60 to 70 years.”

“Good. I’m glad we had this talk. Dear me, look at the time. I must be going, it’s been nice talking to you Thomas.”

“You to Nik. Be sure to have those repairs done on our generators.”

“Oh I will. Night!”

“Night.”

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I liked it, it was an interesting story....i just didn't feel it as a conversation.

Don't get me wrong, thats not me saying i didn't like it, I just think that this would have been helped by description more than it can be by just dialogue.

But again, i do like it

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is very intriguing and I like how you can create dialogue that you can build a story around. I think you would be very good at writing something to help scientifically challenged folk such as myself understand certain things better, as well as create a dramatic story. I would like to see you realize Tesla's creations in their fruition in a longer work, just so I could get a picture of what he could have achieved. Good job.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone!
And Hogtie, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I agree with Jebus, certain dialogues need description and setting to really tell a story. Nevertheless it was well written and I was intrigued by the gentlemen's conversation.

new topics

top topics

join