It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Final Answer To Everything" Game, Questions & Answers Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, what a fantastic event the "Final Answer to Everything" game was.

Never before have I seen such an amazing community-building event where a broad cross-section of members came together and selflessly worked toward a common goal. A shinning example of why ATS is a community like no other, and inspires the Amigos and staff to devote considerable time to keeping it all up and running smoothly.

There were lots of questions during the game we simply couldn't answer, and I'm sure many more that our members might have. So I'd like to open things up to answer any game-related questions you have.

Fire away!

(Obviously, we won't be able to answer anything that might help provide inside information to our next game.)

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
1. When is the planned start of the next game? A general time frame would do. I know you like how the first question has nothing to do with this last game.

2. 320? Explain.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Were there anymore q_.html queries?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
1. When is the planned start of the next game? A general time frame would do. I know you like how the first question has nothing to do with this last game.

VERY SOON... Our brains need a quick refreshment break (read a "night of drinking"
) and we'll be back at it... SkepticOverlord, created the majority of this last game so he REALLY needs like 7 or 8 minutes to reboot. This man has a SICK MIND! SERIOUS! I've come know him well over the years and he is disgustingly creative.

Springer...

EDIT: Removed time frame specifics...

[edit on 7-27-2006 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
stellar. next week is a washout again.

I have a question. do y'all sit there giggling like little school girls while we go off on bizarre tangents trying to figure out how not pron has anything to do with the tower of babel?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
First of all thank you SO and Springer. I greatly apreciate all your efforts with the games, this one was stellar.

Question, is the fake Simon still with us? What methods besides goon squad did you use to quiet him.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

VERY SOON... (3 or 4 Days) Our brains need a quick refreshment break (read a "night of drinking"
) and we'll be back at it... SkepticOverlord, created the majority of this last game so he REALLY needs like 7 or 8 minutes to reboot. This man has a SICK MIND! SERIOUS! I've come know him well over the years and he is disgustingly creative.

Springer...

3-4 days??? I thought there's at least a few weeks before the new one.

Don't know if I can participate, I'm moving out of the US in a month, I got stuff to do

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I have a question. do y'all sit there giggling like little school girls while we go off on bizarre tangents trying to figure out how not pron has anything to do with the tower of babel?

You want the truth? We sit there and GASP, cuss and generally feel like dolts at HOW FAST you all blow through what we thought were TOUGH questions/riddles... Honestly!

That and the collaboration, the collaboration we witnessed here in this game has truly raised my respect for our Membership and what we are "doing" here.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You want the truth? We sit there and GASP, cuss and generally feel like dolts at HOW FAST you all blow through what we thought were TOUGH questions/riddles! Honestly!

That and the collaboration, the collaboration we witnessed here in this game has truly raised my respect for our Membership and what we are "doing" here.

Springer...

Not to derail the thread but...

I have to agree. The teamwork and the way we fed off of one another was amazing. It was almost scary.

If a group of us got together to form some sort of business, imagine how successful it would be.

My $.02.

Oh, and if anyone has any business ideas, U2U me. We can form something and get rich.

PS I'm still confused how that answer was 320.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You want the truth? We sit there and GASP, cuss and generally feel like dolts at HOW FAST you all blow through what we thought were TOUGH questions/riddles! Honestly!

Springer...

Not to derail the thread but...

I have to agree. The teamwork and the way we fed off of one another was amazing. It was almost scary.

If a group of us got together to form some sort of business, imagine how successful it would be.

My $.02.

Oh, and if anyone has any business ideas, U2U me. We can form something and get rich.

PS I'm still confused how that answer was 320.

Business...how about getting together to make a difference in the world? Sounds more creative to me. That's what the final answer was all about anyway and that's what made these 5 days worth while for me. Along with the teamwork of course.
Hey Springer, check your u2u for my thoughts on the game (adressed to both of u)

I would also like to know about 320

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hope it doesn't sound like i'm kissing arse, but I loved the game. I admit, some of the questions I would have never guessed, but thanks to the community we knocked them out in a hurry.

Questions:

1. HUNT_ADMIN (whomever he is...
) stated that the game was to last 30 days. Obviously we shortened that a wee bit. How long is the new game
supposed to last and is anything being done to ensure that it stretches out for awhile. As difficult as this was, I wanted to keep playing!!!

2. It seems that two prizes have been websites. Is this going to be the standard grand prize or will the next grand prize be a ride on Bezos Blue Origin suborbital transport? What additional prizes are you contemplating.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Can you please explain the answers 320, osama, and 885lexington. I do not understand any of those.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker
Can you please explain the answers 320, osama, and 885lexington. I do not understand any of those.

885lexington - the picture is that of the infamous "lipstick building" in NY. Actually located, according to the web, at 885 Third Ave. However, it faces the plaza at the corner of Lexington and 57th. And admit it, typing 885lexington as an answer just seems way cooler than typing 885thirdave.

320 - The only way I got this was multiplying 240 * 4/3. I figure that it had to do with the way the fractions were being divided (you multiply by the reciprocal). Perhaps someone reduced too early.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

320 - The only way I got this was multiplying 240 * 4/3. I figure that it had to do with the way the fractions were being divided (you multiply by the reciprocal). Perhaps someone reduced too early.

Ding! Ding! Ding we have a winner!

"Hunt_Admin" is really our buddy who happens to be a "Grey" from a far away Galaxy!

Prizes... One never knows what we have in store for future booty. But KNOW THIS, it will be GREAT!

Springer...

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Wait, are you saying that 320 was the correct answer?

I thought the question would, using standard mathematical .... ooooh, what do they call it? parenthesis first, then exponents, then multiplication/division.... anyway, would produce 20, not 320. If I remember correctly, it was a straight 1/4 * 1/2 * whatever.... and came up with 20.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by glengineer

Wait, are you saying that 320 was the correct answer?

I thought the question would, using standard mathematical .... ooooh, what do they call it? parenthesis first, then exponents, then multiplication/division.... anyway, would produce 20, not 320. If I remember correctly, it was a straight 1/4 * 1/2 * whatever.... and came up with 20.

To divide fraction A by fraction B you multiply fraction A by the reciprocal of fraction B.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I especially liked the ones that weren't so obvious:
29527.html, void.html, thenextquestion.html, idontwanttowait.html, and this.html.

Another question: how does 8 + 6 + 2 get you 431.html ? Is it as obvious as "just cut them all in half" , or is ther something more?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh, check it out, our thread replies surpassed the SERPO thread.

Hopefully, the next game will be Serpo free.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by glengineer

Another question: how does 8 + 6 + 2 get you 431.html ? Is it as obvious as "just cut them all in half" , or is ther something more?

It was the answers to questions 8, 6, and 2 added together.

It is somewhat strange that it was half of all the numbers... hmm... was that intentional?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
the lipstick building is on third avenue, in the low 50's. other than from the upper floors, looking north and west, you cannot see the plaza on 57th and lex (osborne enterprises in the spiderman movie). I live on 57th and third and can see the lipstick building from my terrace.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join