It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Experiment - Fire and the WTC collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
An upcoming programme in the BBC's Horizon series is taking a look at why the WTC collapsed and is collaborating with an Edinburgh professor who is conducting an experiment with an actual high-rise building.

news.bbc.co.uk
A high-rise block in Glasgow has been set alight in an attempt to understand how blazes affect buildings and ensure future safety in emergencies.

Jose Torero, professor of fire safety engineering at the University of Edinburgh, conducted the experiment on a 24-storey tower block in Dalmarnock.

He also hopes it will shed light on why the Twin Towers collapsed on 9/11.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I personally think the weight of evidence points to a controlled demolition of the WTC towers. It will be fascinating to see how the BBC - whose previous Horizon programme on the subject was an uncritical retelling of the official fairytale, and whose website shortly after 9/11 gave a hideously incorrect figure for the melting point of steel for reasons which have yet to be explained - handle this potentially tricky and embarrassing subject.

I'm also wondering what the professor's views are. The fact that he's conducting an experiment at all may mean that he's not entirely satisfied with the official line, or it may mean that he's going to do his best to support it. Perhaps, in view of the fact that he's obviously doing this on a decent budget, one might lean towards the latter option - I mean he's got himself a whole tower block to play with. for heaven's sake. How did that happen?

I doubt very much that, either way, it will change anyone's mind. If he says the towers should NOT have collapsed, then people will be saying that he was only using a 24-storey building and trying to find as many distinctions as possible between his experiment and the real thing. If it goes the other way, then he'll be accused of being a shill. It promises to be compulsive viewing nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
OK, I'm just going to bump this a bit here and tell y'all kind of a funny story. I posted this about a week ago, and was resigned to it being dumped in the hole, no problem... and then today, suddenly, I had no less than SEVEN U2Us come in at the same time - although they were logged as being over the course of an hour or so - to tell me that this story had been upgraded to an ATSNN news item.

Weird, huh? Any mods out there can tell me what happened?

And I'm hoping that people will catch sight of this and be interested in the topic, too.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by rich23]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It is my opinion that this experiment will not provide many answers if any on what happened with the WTC. The Towers of the WTC were of a different type of construction than most buildings. This doesn't even take into consideration the stresses applied to the structure by the aircraft impacts. It may provide a little insight into Building 7, but that's going to be about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
No doubt we'll hear a long and possibly even plausible account of why this experiment does have relevance. I'm still agog, I must say.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It is my opinion that this experiment will not provide many answers if any on what happened with the WTC. The Towers of the WTC were of a different type of construction than most buildings. This doesn't even take into consideration the stresses applied to the structure by the aircraft impacts. It may provide a little insight into Building 7, but that's going to be about it.

REPLY: the WTC towers were the only ones built like they were, and any other type of structure woulld do little to prove anything. Even WTC 7 was a bit unique. Still, it will be interesting to see the data on the testing, and see it put to good use.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow. Like that "see it put to good use". Fascinating... spoken like someone with an "agenda", if ever there was one.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Wow. Like that "see it put to good use". Fascinating... spoken like someone with an "agenda", if ever there was one.

REPLY: WHAT??? An agenda? Anyone else see "an agenda" there?

If one does an experiment pertaining to any science or technology, trying to gain information on an event, then puts the information gained to cause or prevent a given situation..... that's an "agenda"?

Watch out folks.... anyone who uses scientific principle to gain knowledge is henceforth: "an agenda."
No wonder no-one else replied to your post.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The only way to find the truth.... rebuild the twin towers in the desert somewhere. Rebuild them exactly the same. Then crash two airplanes into them and voila! See what happens. Of course, that would be a ridiculous amount of money and time to plan something like that. Unless there are some willing multi-billionaires out there?

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nothing so far about this programme... but looking at it again, I came across this link to the BBC version of "how the twin towers fell", which is kind of interesting, because it says that steel melts at 800 degrees C.

Now where did they get that idea? And so soon... 13 September 2001.

kix

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We should know by now than EVEN if someone rebuilds the TT fills them, crashes 2 planes in them and they dont fall, debunkers will say that some *conditions* were not met...

With all the missinfo out there believers WILL believe, non believers conspiracists will NOT...

The worst part is that even if one or the other side is proved beyong all doubt the other camp will try to "debunk it" with pityful retorts...

I really look forward to the BBC program it means that even now people are trying to explain the unexplainable....

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well unless an exact replica of the WTC is used in such an experiment you cant compare the results to what happened on 9-11. There are to many different variables. Note I'm not a defender of the official 9-11 story but I'm not willing to commit to the fact that there were explosives in the twin towers.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yah i think this will just be a load of Bollocks, its like comparing a Mini and a Mack truck in a crash test.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think that, if the building has a steel frame, they won't be able to bring it down, at which point they'll have to do some serious BSing to explain why not.

Or the programme just won't happen after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
.... its like comparing a Mini and a Mack truck in a crash test.

sure. so, which vehicle is more easily destroyed? the tiny one designed to hold two bodies, or the massive one designed to carry a load of steel beams?

if the little one doesn't crush itself under it's own weight, then the big one is even more unlikely to have that ability.

steel frames of any sort will twist and distort under ANY kind of duress before they shatter like glass. any kind except high velocity, that is.

the towers were blown.

i hope this guy is a friend of gordon ross. gordon ross is the man.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Ok, I'll bite. Who is Gordon Ross and why is he the man? I keep finding stuff about sports broadcasters...

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
lol hell with it, if my generator project works out I will pay to rebuild the towers (or even a scale?) and we'll crash a couple jets into them and see what happens. if nothing else it would be like going to a monster truck race for the fun it would be. crashes and burning stuff without anyone dying....heh

ill even fly a bunch of ats'rs there to make sure that the parameters are right for evidentiary support.

IF the generator project works out. wish me luck.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Ok, I'll bite. Who is Gordon Ross and why is he the man? I keep finding stuff about sports broadcasters...

here's his site....gordonssite.tripod.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
You are SO RIGHT! He is, indeed, THE MAN.

How come I haven't seen this stuff before?

top topics

join