It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how would YOU make a hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i figure since a bunch of people don't believe a lot of the things that are said here(sometimes rightly so) and are quick to claim "hoax", i'll give everyone an oppurtunity to explain how THEY would construct(or deconstruct for that matter) the common UFO hoax. i say "common" though because im talking more about a low budget hoax. so, not really one that you could hire Industrial Light and Magic for but one the average joe could/would perpetrate. hopefully it could help some people to see how easy it is to fool people and maybe open peoples eyes to honestly question a sighting. so have fun!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't make a hoax. Its all about integrity.

When I listen to debunkers who say, well, this is how they hoaxed it, this is what Id do, that puts their own credibility and integrity into question. After all, anyone who would create a hoax to fool serious scientists and researchers is a person of some pretty low standards of academics and such. Several debunkers have played hoaxes before. They try and mask their lack of ethics in reasoning like "i just wanted to prove how guillable people are".

Its this reason in which I have absolutely no respect for debunkers, such as CSICOP and the like, because as far as I am concerned, they have no integrity and no credibility. If they are willing to hoax ufologists and make crap up to prove their agenda, then one must question all the other "findings" and "research" they claim they have done to disprove things. After all, whats to stop them from faking any of their findings and claims?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'd start a thread titled "What would U do with the ALIENS under my BeD?!?!". Then, I'd get into storytelling mode, take pictures of random things that were ALIEN-related, get a small following here, attain other-wordly status, make more random claims, get a larger following, make my own website dedicated to the ALIENS (why always in caps, I have no idea), start selling stuff, get a larger following, attend conventions, sell more crap, hide away for a year or two, come back and say I was abducted, sell even more crap, then stop all together. Should I ever need more money, just pop back up with more claims as my hiatus proof of the story.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Take one bit of fact, one bit of conspiracy and two bits of impossibility,
Place in a mental blender and allow contents to cool on a baking tray.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I wouldn't make a hoax. Its all about integrity.

i think its healthy to look into the mind of the hoaxer to see how easy it is to fool people. i personally dont condone hoaxing to promote "awareness" because i just dont think thats the right way to prove a point.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by homeskillet]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   
homeskillet, i agree, making a hypothetical question about how you would do it should only contribute too see things from a more sober sceptic POV.

There´s a BIG difference in making a hoax and making a believable hoax. If i really were to puzzle people it would probably take some time and resources. Since video is highly regarded as evidence i would say that´s the easy way out because all you need is the "fixed" footage and to tell people "this is what i filmed...what do you make of it?". Lies have a tendency to come back and haunt you later so i would speak less, show more.

Having a fairly good ability to write is also a good thing. I mean, look at some of the posts here, anything goes, nothing has been proven yet and my story is just as good as the next story. The only difference is the percentage of people buying into it, does it sound credible in my book or not. I wouldn´t buy into a story about someone having an ET living in his basement for the last months but just because i don´t believe it doesn not mean it can´t be true, it very well could be!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Speaking as a 3D artist here, one could actualy make props and photograph them or you could model it in any 3D software and render it with photorealistic rendering solutions, trust me, i work with them daily and there are renders out there which even trained eyes cannot distinguish from a real phtograph.

I guess what i'm saying is that with today's technology in the graphical world, you can't trust your eyes anymore.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Speaking as a 3D artist here, one could actualy make props and photograph them or you could model it in any 3D software and render it with photorealistic rendering solutions, trust me, i work with them daily and there are renders out there which even trained eyes cannot distinguish from a real phtograph.

I guess what i'm saying is that with today's technology in the graphical world, you can't trust your eyes anymore.

True!!

Here´s an interesting discussion touching some of these topics. link
Have a look at this artists incredible beautiful work, any of these airplane 3D models could easily have been swapped out with a UFO 3D model. link

Moderators, er, my memory is no longer as good as it used to be, is it ok to post links like this?

new topics

top topics

join