It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thefinalanswertoeverything.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Purpose of thread: To collect all the information/clues on thefinalanswertoeverything.com in an organized way so it can be viewed without having to browse through 1200+ posts.

Background Info: A thread appeared on ATS on July 22nd, from a poster named "metaphysician". The thread linked to Thefinalanswertoeverything.com and the poster claimed that a friend of his sent him the link. Posts came in fast and furious from members of ATS trying to solve the thread, and as time passed, it appeared more and more likely that this was not a random website, but rather the new ATS sponsered event.

How to: In order to solve each riddle/clue, you must type in the answer after thefinalanswertoeverything.com, and then add .html to the answer. You will then be taken to the next riddle/clue, which you answer the same way. If you typed in the wrong answer, you will get "Your response is not correct.", and if you type in the answer to a question you're not on right now, you will get "Out of sequence.". You must answer every riddle/clue, because any skipped ones will result in an "
Out of sequence." error.

Answers:
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald

Current Clue: "you have done well... there will be new questions every day from this point forward... remember your answers"

Theories:
1. Like the clue says, some people think that this is the last clue for the moment, and there will not be a new clue for until tommorow.
2. This by itself is a clue, and the answer to it is somewhere in the phrase.
3. This is the end of the line for clues from the website for now, and the clue to get pass this is hidden on ATS and HackerNetwork.com.

Clues:

Simon Gray account on Hackernetwork.com:
A user has appeared on Hackernetwork.com named Simon Gray. This user claims to be the owner of Abovetopsecret.com, and over a short period of time, has changed his signature and profile several times. These could be clues, red herrings, or might not be related to this at all.

Hackernetwork.com "clues":
1. "Time is on my side" - signature
2. "Can something out run time?" - Biography
3. "Repitition is a sign of insanity." - Signature
4. Song Lyrics "Time is on my Side"
5. "21:00EST 72306" - Signature
6. "repitition is a fools errand" - Signature
7. "Light appears in the Darkest of places." - Biography
8. "Light appears in the Darkest of places, There it can be seen most clearly." - Biography
9. "Waiting for something makes itmuch more enjoyable when you receive it.

Naito." - Signature
11. "Light appears in the Darkest of places, There it can be seen most clearly. Light and Darkness depend on your perception" - Biography
12. "1000EST 72406" - Signature

Simon's YIM: According to Simon Gray's profile on the Hackernetwork.com account, his YIM is "thefoundergray@yahoo"

Extended Theories: Too many to list at the moment. This part is mostly based on the Clues section of this post, and will be updated continously.

Clue Accounts: These are accounts that mods use to try to either give us clues toward solving this, or to confuse us even more. There are a number of ATS accounts that are suspected of being clue accounts, and the list keeps changing constantly.

Well, this is if for now. I'm going to keep updating as much as I can. If theres anything I'm missing, then feel free to point it out, and hopefully, this will help.

Interesting Development: Well, this is in the post right below mines, but I decided to add it anyways, since it's just that important.
Apparently, this might not be an ATS sponsered event after all. Does this mean that the Simon Gray on Hackernetwork.com is an imposter? Who actually owns the website that has been causing so much insanity? To be continued...

[edit on 23-7-2006 by AlienS]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Official ATS position on this phenomenon...

There are no ATS staff members involved in creating or distributing clues or hints for questions contained in that website.

The original thread was moved to "Games & Events" to contain discussion in an appropriate forum. We are considering moving this to BTS.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
JUST becuase it is bugging the crap outa me, i did a HARMLESS port scan and a tracert, nothing important showed up. All of the ports seem to be blocked, even though 80 must be open to let html traffic in and out, so that seemed wierd, I guess the person that made it figured people would try to investigate.

pic of tracert listing ips along the way....

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I guess we are all staying at the other one

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

There are no ATS staff members involved in creating or distributing clues or hints for questions contained in that website.

The original thread was moved to "Games & Events" to contain discussion in an appropriate forum. We are considering moving this to BTS.

No way! That is very odd. This "game" seems very structured and reminiscent of previous ATS games. If this is correct, I would suggest to make an official announcement on the original thread talking about "TheFinalAnswerToEverything"

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTopSecret.com

then who is hunt_admin?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just clues or hints. So no staff is putting out help or disinfo.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Whoever it is that created Thefinalanswertoeverything.com, even if it's not a staff member, is definately at the very least a member of ATS. It might not be an official ATS event, and the website might have been meant for a wider audience, but one of the clues was the song reach, which was a podcast on ATS, so if it's not an ATS staff member, it is at least somebody familiar with ATS. Interesting indeed...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Maybe everyone should just take a break. get some sleep.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well someone- whoever is running the game- is at LEAST acting like they are involved with ATS. Remember SimonGray on Hacker Network? Then the Yahoo Messenger handle was "TheFounderGray"

If this isn't an ATS sponsored game, someone certainly wants it to look like it is.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Just to update the answer list:

Answers:
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm.... it appears that I can't edit any of my posts on this site, while I can do so easily on all my other posts on the other threads. Can anybody else who posted here not edit their posts on this page or is it just me? Weird...

UPDATE: Even weirder now, it appears that I can freely update this post, but not the two posts above it, including the main post. Appears to be an attempt to prevent all the information from being gathered in one place. Maybe it's just to keep us all from overthinking, or maybe it's to make everything harder.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by AlienS]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Appears to be an attempt to prevent all the information from being gathered in one place

Could be that, or it might be that after an hour or so you can't edit your posts

It's been like that for as long as i can remember.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Burgess]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess

Appears to be an attempt to prevent all the information from being gathered in one place

Could be that, or it might be that after an hour or so you can't edit your posts

It's been like that for as long as i can remember.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Burgess]

ROFL! I think I need some fresh air. Been around the computer for way too long, and it doesn't help that almost all of that time has been on a conspiracy theory based site.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy

lol. The thread is pretty much dead, but I'm gonna continue using it for references since sifting through 100 pages of posts is too tiring.

UPDATE: HUNT_ADMIN has confirmed through chat that this IS officially an ATS game, and that there WILL be a prize.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I know everything about this server...thanks for the trace route info...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadMojo

Oh yeah. Nice work imbalanced. If anything bad happens to ATS or thefinalanswertoeverything.com, then I blame you.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Oh yeah. Nice work imbalanced. If anything bad happens to ATS or thefinalanswertoeverything.com, then I blame you.

Or his computer. Silly boy posted his IP as well!

I would have that edited. Especially since we have members of the Haxors on here spying on our quest in order to beat us.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana

Originally posted by AlienS

Or his computer. Silly boy posted his IP as well!

I would have that edited. Especially since we have members of the Haxors on here spying on our quest in order to beat us.

Well, if we don't hear from imbalanced in a couple of days, I guess we'll know why.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
heres what i found:

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (www.godaddy.com...)
Domain Name: THEFINALANSWERTOEVERYTHING.COM
Created on: 19-Jul-06
Expires on: 19-Jul-08
Last Updated on: 19-Jul-06

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS1.DNSMADEEASY.COM
NS2.DNSMADEEASY.COM

to sum it all up., the sites fake and is created by godaddy. there for its spam. i even put in the (480) 624-2599 number in google and the first thing that came up was that exact adress, on an anti-spam website.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Schmidt1989]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join