It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, Venezuela seal Su-30 deal; US unhappy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My post was for stealthspy but i forgot to quote him

China, what version of the engine are the J-10's using

The engines the J-10 use now are called the AL-31FN which has been designed to fit the J-10.The engines they will be using in the future are the AL-31FN-M1, which adds 10% thrust and TVC like the ones on the Mig-29OVT

I thought it was the regular AL-31F which was to be replaced by a local copy with a somewhat lower thrust

The engines might be replaced by the WS-10A which is apparently a engine built on the core of the CFM-56. The thrust is said to be 13,200kg which is higer than the AL-31.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
so is it the AL-31FN MI or the WS-10A?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What kind of heli's were offered? anything fun like MI-28? Ka-52?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Please, Chavez has found a niche for himself and is using it to further his goals. Repeating once every few months or so that the US is ready to invade him, LMAO. Ok Mr. Chavez whatever keeps your people in check and you in power. And what's Russia's cut in this? Well besides the obvious of course, money and a new customer/"partner", they want to expand into what has largely been a US sphere of influence, Latin America. Any ground Putin can gain there while making money off of it and making it look like he’s "sticking it" to US is a big gain for Russia. Nothing but a politically calculated move by both countries, easy to see through. Like 30 Su-30 airframes by themselves are going to defend Venezuela from a real US invasion, it would be Gulf War - Air War Volume 2. :shk:

I agree with this assessment 100%. Chavez, like every other politician on the planet is using whatever tools that are in his belt to retain power.

Though personally, I'd be more wary of Morales instead... (that is, if there are indeed any serious threats to worry about in S. America
)

[edit on 26-7-2006 by sardion2000]

AWWWW my friend i am from bolivia and let me tell you theres nothing to worri about there all this man has donne so far is to the benefit of my country, sorry if the US doenst want us producing coca.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
so is it the AL-31FN MI or the WS-10A?

For the short term its the AL-31FN-M1 because the AL-31 is a porven design and has thousands of hours to back up its reliability while the WS-10A has only been proven in testing. Its most likey going to be fitted in the upgraded J-11Bs instead of a single engine plane like the J-10

AL-31 for the next 10-15 years
WS-10A might come after 15 years

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join