It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States to begin door to door health checks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Ah, incentive to participate?

That was my thought too. Yes you could probably turn the people away when they come to your door but alot of folks would be more inclined to "participate" when given money.

I think all of the data collected would go into a database where all of our other information resides for someone to steal and in 10 or 15 yrs your records will come up and they will say "sorry Mr. Smith but it says here you tested for high levels of x type of metals in your body and you did not request treatment until now so we will not be able to pay via your insurance because this is a preexisting condition."

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You know, I just recently inquired with a new company for life insurance before my policy renews (thought I'd shop around) and I was dumbfounded it took twenty minutes of questioning on the phone and now they want to come by for tests.

What a laugh, call my cable/internet provider. Who are we kidding, they have all the info you need, so I know you do too. Why must I suffer this charade of confirming what you already know about me?

I don't think for a minute anyone needs to go door to door to find out what my medical status is. The truth is ALREADY out there.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well I have no problem with this, as long as it's voluntary, not that I would participate, my DNA is mine and mine alone.

fish and mercury

these people crack me up. as if denial could explain away the elephant in the living room (ethylmercury in vaccines). as if the effects would go away by blaming it all on fish.

There actually is a merucry level problem in fish in Washington state, they did testing on fish and found they had very high mercury levels, on the level where it really should'nt be eaten, so atleast here it's on the level, dopn't know about other states though.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Iori - apparently it's pretty high in farm raised fish too, and it's becoming almost impossible to find non-farm raised fish in your local grocery.

The recommendations on Salmon is if it's ocean caught, no more than once a month, farm raised, no more than once a week.

How scary is that?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Iori - apparently it's pretty high in farm raised fish too, and it's becoming almost impossible to find non-farm raised fish in your local grocery.

The recommendations on Salmon is if it's ocean caught, no more than once a month, farm raised, no more than once a week.

How scary is that?

That is very disconcerting.
Good thing I don't eat seafood.

Come to think of it, I don't eat most of the things that are being found to be dangerous.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Doesn't leave much left to eat does it though?

My list has gotten REAL small.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

There actually is a merucry level problem in fish in Washington state, they did testing on fish and found they had very high mercury levels, on the level where it really should'nt be eaten, so atleast here it's on the level, dopn't know about other states though.

acknowledged, i never said fish was completely harmless, in fact mercury in any form is too toxic to ignore, but let's try keep things in proportion. ingesting it is bad, injecting is even worse. If and when common neurological disorders (ad/hd, and to a lesser degree, autism) start being blamed on mercury exposure, they will not say a word about vaccines and blame it on irresponsible eating habits - incredibly dumb, but we're talking about politics here, so expect the worst.

comparison between contaminated food and injected TM

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Doesn't leave much left to eat does it though?

Well, It's more than enough for me, I'm not a big eater as is, so it's a good amount of diversity for me.
I'll probably add GenoChickens to the list when they come on the market.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Looks like a good plan to get information about public health and make better policies.

Where is the invasion of privacy? Its not required to participate.

In fact, one of my Anthropology classes had to do this very thing for as a class project (our client was the local county health agency.) The project was for a West Nile Virus awareness campaign and we asked four questions: What do you know about the symptoms of West Nile Virus, what precautions do you take to avoid WNV, do you know where to find the spraying schedule for this area, and who gives you information that you trust about WNV.

We found that most had only a vague knowledge of it, and very few had any idea what the symptoms are (so that meant the county needed to do a lot of educating) and we found that most folks trusted docs and clinics for health info.)

We have no idea how many guns they have in their houses or how often they shot at mosquitoes or what their poltical views are, etc, etc. But we do know that they don't know much about WNV.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join