It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apophenia, Tool Band and Black Labyrinth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have a hopefully not so unique problem that I would like to share, and see if anyone can offer some critical advice, analysis, or may have something in common. It involves several intertwined recurring events in my life, and the lives of people I have met.

Here is my story / problem:

1. I am constantly beset by the numbers 1 - 2 - 3. They appear too frequently and with a seeming intelligence to be related to randomness or apophenia. Example: On a settlement statement for a home refy two years ago, the sum of closing costs came to $12,300. I was getting fed up with the recurrences of this set of numbers after 5 years, so at about 5:30 pm that day, after reading the statement, I asked out loud and very aggressively, "What do you want 123?!" I looked up and the first thing I saw was the microwave's time was 1:23. My wife reset it earlier in the day to fix a problem with it. The 1-2-3 event would appear on clocks, signs, anywhere you find numbers, and many times coincide with events of importance to me. I started noticing it first in 1990's and it is still occuring as I write this. I am very familiar with human pattern recognition abilities and know this is not random pattern matching. Sequences include 10:23, 12:30, 12:03, 11:23, etc. I tried to match other patterns like 2:34, but have yet to see other numbers appear with the same frequency when I look at clocks, computer screens, signs, etc.

2. I have always had dreams of events to come with almost blazing accuracy. Again, I'm not crazy or in the occult. Example: I heard my 7th grade math teacher ask me "You dont play much sports do you. . .?" about 2 minutes before he turned to me and asked it. The woman I lost my virginity to, I dreamed of her for two weeks straight, every night, kissing her and etc. pryor to actually meeting her. I did not meet her until the day of the last dream, after about 14 days of that. Then, the dreams stopped.

In 2003 I met someone who I had always had dreams of, and I would dream about her intensely, starting 2 weeks or so before actually meeting her. This time with her mother and father in the dream, prior to actually meeting any of them.

3. I have recently discovered that my I.Q. score is 138 and my self-analysis and pattern matching is one of my best skills, so the question arose is this apophenia or some form of mental pattern matching. It seems the 123 set is a separate intelligence.

4. I was led here by a song's lyrics: the band "Tool". The lyrics relate to the Black Labyrinth game / puzzle you have been talking about. It is the latin from Tool's song Viginti Tres (23):

English translation: "One infinite abomination born in Autumn, this is your trial of which you will be tested, 23 steps to total power."

Today I discovered that many other people, including William S. Burroughs had been plagued by unfortunate events that occur with the number 23. So I know I am not alone!

5. I know something big is happening. There are great things in our future as humans, but I think we may not get there, at least just yet, because of the evil that we can and mostly can not see. It is on the news, so no need to repeat it. I am no dreaming intensely, every night, about my childhood friends. And of course, during the day, I am seeing 1-2-3 appear with more frequency. My computer locked up and shut down yesterday at - 1:23 pm.

6. To put this all together, I researched 1-2-3 and found it in the Fibonacci sequence, the Qabalistic trinity, and that "23" has been appearing through history with a tag to disasters. And your boards' Black Labyrinth has game references to what I have been looking for for real - the Summum Bonum, embodied as the Grail.

I would like to know where this statement originated, since it appears in the ATS game:

una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potestat

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
it most likely originated from the game itself, but as they took down the game and never revealed the answers, most likely no one will ever know for sure (except the moderators of course... perhaps...)

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The only references I could find all point to BL or Tool. It's not a classic saying, as About.com had this to say when asked for a translation :

First of all I have to point out that this passage looks strange in Latin as it is not a classical quotation, but merely a kind of hodgepodge of strange ideas and grammar mistakes (see ‘tua potentia' which should be in the accusative)like the Prophecies of Nostradamus.

Anyway, here ‘s the literal translation into English:

“One infinity
Abomination (or 'horror') is born (or' begins') in autumn.
Here(or ‘this') is your trial which tests your potential
Twenty three steps to the greatest power”

Since it's not a classic saying or found anywhere else, it seems likely to have originated on ATS.

[edit on 7/19/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
maybe if you play the record backwards you will get the last syllable of the lost word lol.

do u know who produced that album?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I believe the name of the movie I am thinking of is, "Pi".

He goes through the same things you are, and in the end, it's basically saying, it's all in your head. If you recognize something at first, it will continue on until you recognize it for what it really is, Nothing.

You're making something out of nothing.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl marxist

1. I am constantly beset by the numbers 1 - 2 - 3. They appear too frequently and with a seeming intelligence to be related to randomness or apophenia. Example: On a settlement statement for a home refy two years ago, the sum of closing costs came to $12,300. I was getting fed up with the recurrences of this set of numbers after 5 years, so at about 5:30 pm that day, after reading the statement, I asked out loud and very aggressively, "What do you want 123?!" I looked up and the first thing I saw was the microwave's time was 1:23. My wife reset it earlier in the day to fix a problem with it. The 1-2-3 event would appear on clocks, signs, anywhere you find numbers, and many times coincide with events of importance to me. I started noticing it first in 1990's and it is still occuring as I write this. I am very familiar with human pattern recognition abilities and know this is not random pattern matching. Sequences include 10:23, 12:30, 12:03, 11:23, etc. I tried to match other patterns like 2:34, but have yet to see other numbers appear with the same frequency when I look at clocks, computer screens, signs, etc.

Have you ever been beset by it in reverse? Have you ever seen 321 and thought, oh my?

2. I have always had dreams of events to come with almost blazing accuracy. Again, I'm not crazy or in the occult. Example: I heard my 7th grade math teacher ask me "You dont play much sports do you. . .?" about 2 minutes before he turned to me and asked it. The woman I lost my virginity to, I dreamed of her for two weeks straight, every night, kissing her and etc. pryor to actually meeting her. I did not meet her until the day of the last dream, after about 14 days of that. Then, the dreams stopped.

In 2003 I met someone who I had always had dreams of, and I would dream about her intensely, starting 2 weeks or so before actually meeting her. This time with her mother and father in the dream, prior to actually meeting any of them.

ever dream about floating or telekinesis?

4. I was led here by a song's lyrics: the band "Tool". The lyrics relate to the Black Labyrinth game / puzzle you have been talking about. It is the latin from Tool's song Viginti Tres (23):

me too. 113.

5. I know something big is happening. There are great things in our future as humans, but I think we may not get there, at least just yet, because of the evil that we can and mostly can not see. It is on the news, so no need to repeat it. I am no dreaming intensely, every night, about my childhood friends. And of course, during the day, I am seeing 1-2-3 appear with more frequency. My computer locked up and shut down yesterday at - 1:23 pm.

When you are looking for blondes in a crowd how often do you notice redheads? Don't blue m&ms stick out if they are your favorite?

6. To put this all together, I researched 1-2-3 and found it in the Fibonacci sequence, the Qabalistic trinity, and that "23" has been appearing through history with a tag to disasters. And your boards' Black Labyrinth has game references to what I have been looking for for real - the Summum Bonum, embodied as the Grail.

What is the Summum bonum?

I would like to know where this statement originated, since it appears in the ATS game:

una Infinitas
Abominatio Nascitur Autumno
hic est tuum temptamen quod temptat tua potentia
viginti tres gradus ad summam potesta

me too

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
People are still playing black labyrinth?

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
OK now I'm starting to worry. I've had similar experiences to the individual who posted the last message. I've had a fascination with the number thirteen for a couple of months now. when I text message, and said messages are of some ever growing importance, I'll pause to think at a full-stop (US period) and I'll hav 13 characters left.
(please excuse my lack of E's in this message, but my E button is kinda dodgy)
I had a girlfriend for nine months, whose neighbour's section was accessible by way of a hole in the interconnecting back fence. we used this hole to walk to the fish and chip shop. on the way back I noticed it was a cul de sac that the neighbour lived on, it was then that I realised I'd dreamt this sevral times since I can remember. She subsequently ran away with my soon to be flatmate's ex boyfriend. This piece of the puzzle fits when I mention that hr neighbour's first son was born on the 13th of the month and the 2nd was born in 2000, making him 13 in 2013. that's where it gets trippy. If she hadn't f***ed me over, I'd nevr haved moved here, with this computer, and I'd never have looked up Cam De Lon's connection to TOOL, on the website about tool albums. then I never would have seen the translation of Viginti Tres, last song on their latest album. then I wouldn't have comer across this site, with a posting by MKULTRA, HarmoniusOne- the symbol looks similar to the Seax-Wica runic alphabet's "TH" symbol (sans the tail at the end of the one you've produced).
signed MK.
This made me wonder if it may have been maynard, vocalist of TOOL, as he has been known to pop up in the strangest of places... huh? it's 6:13 am now. just whn I look at the time. I've been up all night and that's th time, jee what a surprise.
now I'm wondering what to do about such extraordinary phenomena. I've never had any interest in this kind of website. But I've been a mad TOOL enthusiast since AEnima (the album I posted a review of earlir in the night, that was sitting next to my computer for ages beforehand) camer out in 1996. see I came up with a theory. It's a variant on the M-theory, where I see a further two dimensions on the eleven the bigwigs claim to exist. the extra two being a: Logic and b: Creativity, or Chaos. for a total of 13. I called it Tredecimation (hey maybe its my moment. right now. wouldn't that be trippy?)
I failed maths, science and english at high school and I'm out to prove that you don't need all those fancy degrees to discover new things about reality.
So I joined up after reading the posting by tenshihan.
I thought in my theory, what if the universe is a schitzophrenic cerebrum of sorts, with each of the 13 dimensions being a separate consciousness?
I thought about it several times and through only cannibis, nothing else, (since its like a hallucenogenic and a party drug together, maybe I'm allergic to it...) I cam up with a description for each.

1 logic
2 light
3 spectrum, crystals when assimilated with time
4 time
5 negative (good) magick, charm
6 positive (bad) magick, hex
7 neutral magick, karma, also cannibis, the phoenix and the scales of justice
8 infinity, as time travels forward and back, but at right angles to each other, with deja vu as the crux, infinity travels at a kinda 45* angle
9 decay, degenerative diseases, molecular decay, effects of certain types of radiation on living tissue.
10 gravity, multiplying in tens
11 Mischief, the real bad guy, an incorporation of six and nine, also norse god Loki
12 dementia, psychosis etc, diseases of the mind
13 Chaos, creativity, conception, ideas, etc

I'd appreciate...actually copyright me 2006.
I guess all things would have to be different combination of said dimensions.
I could be way off track here, but it just seems to fit more than ever, right now.
Am I psychic or just psychotic? not rally too sure.

top topics

join