It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dilluted RATS articles for ATS.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
At the top of the page at the moment i see there is a link to an article entitled "Emergency US troop deployment", however when you click the link it states that this article is in the RATS section of the forum.

Is an item such as this really something that secret that it can't be in ATS for all to see? I'd like to hazard a guess that emergency troop deployment in anyones country would be something that everyone would love to hear about, after all it could even affect them directly in the long run.

As yet i've chosen not to participate in RATS. purely on feedback from others saying it's really not all it's hyped up to be. Maybe taking other peoples opinions is not always the best way to judge the quality of part of this forum, what is good for one person may not be great for another. However, that is my choice up till now.

Do items in RATS ever get dilluted enough for us lowly people who do not have access to read in ATS?

CX.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw that headline this morning aswell.

I was disappointed when it came up that it was a RATS document that I couldnt read(I dont have enough points)

Maybe you guys should take the RATS part out of the rotation in the popular threads and recent threads section on the home page?

or not..just a suggestion.

*edit- ADDITION: I only suggest this because not all of our members can access this section so it kinda leaves em out.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
RATS was created to keep information away from search engines.

Summarizing what goes on in a RATS thread on the main board would kind of defeat that purpose.

Other reasons include a source needing "protection" and to encourage a more serious level of discussion by senior members uninterrupted by new people who sign up just to spam or cause trouble.

RATS is not a very active forum, nor should it be. I can think of only three or four times since the beginning of this year were RATS access gave members an interesting bit of info not available on the main site.

Once the initial points entry fee is paid there is a small monthly points fee that does not even need to be paid every month - just when you want it.

BTW: You should not have been able to see that headline!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

original quote by:Gools
BTW: You should not have been able to see that headline!

Yeah, that was the whole reason I responded to this thread..lol
I didnt think it shouldve been listed there in the first place.. but with all the changes around here as of late I wasnt sure if you guys did it on purpose or not.

I personally, cannot wait until I rack up enough points to check out RATS. If only, I can stop spending my points on my Avatar long enough to save up.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Access is only 250 points. I'm pretty sure you can afford it TONE.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Secret forum access & 1 month 5000 ---thats what I just copied and pasted from the ATS store...I think you read the wrong line...lol

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I’ve been toying with the idea of checking that place out, and I’m probably going to buy a one month pass later on today. I’m surprised it’s taken me this long to consider getting a RATS pass. I’ll post on here tomorrow if its worth the hype or not.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

That's the monthly fee that you pay, after the first month of access.

The initial fee is still 5000 points

[edit on 7/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about having to save up for my first peek. It was worth it though.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

original quote by: Mechanic 32
That's the monthly fee that you pay, after the first month of access.

The initial fee is still 5000 points

Thats good to know.. That makes it more tempting to save up the initial fee.
thanks for the info

5000 to get the first month
250 for any other month you wish to subscribe

yeah I can dig that

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
RATS isnt very active but it is worth having access for the random lil tibits that make it there first....
The nicest thing about Rats i would have to say is none of the New posters who are only going to post once who will troll through and trash ur thread....you dont ever have to worry about that.....and thats a real nice bonus to me.

not to mention 250 a month really isnt that bad.....

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Every so often for one reason or another, a RATS thread title will pop up on the "New Posts" page. Usually it's when SO (oh wise and powerful lord that you are) is moving something around. Like the others have said it's not a very active forum, but a few things come up every so often that are worth the fee.

(Like the Grey's posts. Man those are wild reading!)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There's still one thing worth mentioning - I got RATS access for free around last xmas (or thereabouts) when there was a fire sale on member center when SO was in a festive mood

So if you keep your eyes open, you just might be able to slip in there without having to fork over those hard-earned points.
Are podcasts still good for 2500 points? Do a few and you're all set. I got 10k from my first TinWiki entry, I dunno if that offer still stands. But of course the most satisfying way to earn entry is to make a quality post as a thread starter and then everything will happen almost as by Majic...

top topics

join