It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Human rights Violations: Prisons!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Semper and Hogtie,

Thanks for your kind words. They really do mean alot. We corrections officers don't hear many I'm pretty sure cops don't either but where would we be without them?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Gallopinghordes. Well you obviously know how I feel about you and the job you and your compatriots do. Your eloquence in describing it was great. I'll add some more
. Oh yeah, a Way Above is on the way as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok seagull, Hogtie and Semper I'm not only blushing but crying. Seagull coming from you especially it really means lots. Now I wish my co-workers could read this.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have been to prison, human rights do not exist in prison, it is a completly different existance when you step through the gates. There never was any question that human rights are violated in prison, because there are no human rights in prison, they tell you that you have no rights constantly. And although you are thinking, "But wait, I have constitutional rights". I'm afraid you don't as soon as you step inside. Even with the fact that there "Is a constitution" outside of the gates, It is never in affect. Okay take for instance the seperation between church and state...then look at the "national anthem", "the star spangled banner", or even united states currency. All of the constitutional "rights" that you thought you had, or anyone "thought" they had, they never really had, they had only to imagine them when the idea was conceived for them in united states history class.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIghtWorldTrade
I have been to prison, human rights do not exist in prison, it is a completly different existance when you step through the gates. There never was any question that human rights are violated in prison, because there are no human rights in prison, they tell you that you have no rights constantly. And although you are thinking, "But wait, I have constitutional rights". I'm afraid you don't as soon as you step inside. Even with the fact that there "Is a constitution" outside of the gates, It is never in affect. Okay take for instance the seperation between church and state...then look at the "national anthem", "the star spangled banner", or even united states currency. All of the constitutional "rights" that you thought you had, or anyone "thought" they had, they never really had, they had only to imagine them when the idea was conceived for them in united states history class.

Actually, if you go to prison, that means you have committed a felony, at least in my state. Committing a felony automatically removes certain constitutional rights forever, whether you are in prison or not. Mainly the right to vote and the right to own a gun. Not sure where you are going with the church/state thing. Its ironic that a state/fed facility has to provide religious services of all type.

Speaking of which, GallopingHordes, do you remember the to-do over the upstart Church Of the New Sun?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yes, although it didn't affect us we would have denied on the basis of safety and security just as we do Satanic rituals. Those we don't allow. The use of weapons and the killing thing just doesn't go over well. Add to that it's just plain sick.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh, I get it. You don't like it when someone sharpens their toothbrush on the concrete floor. You're one of _thooooose_.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Yes, although it didn't affect us we would have denied on the basis of safety and security just as we do Satanic rituals. Those we don't allow.

He He. don't tell that the human rights groups they will have a field day with that alone. How dare prisions deny them their right to pray

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
Oh, I get it. You don't like it when someone sharpens their toothbrush on the concrete floor. You're one of _thooooose_.
I know, I know it's totally unreasonable of me not to want to get stuck by one of those. But what can I say; it just totally ruins the whole day.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Yes, although it didn't affect us we would have denied on the basis of safety and security just as we do Satanic rituals. Those we don't allow.

He He. don't tell that the human rights groups they will have a field day with that alone. How dare prisions deny them their right to pray

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

Originally posted by FIghtWorldTrade

Actually, if you go to prison, that means you have committed a felony, at least in my state. Committing a felony automatically removes certain constitutional rights forever, whether you are in prison or not. Mainly the right to vote and the right to own a gun. Not sure where you are going with the church/state thing. Its ironic that a state/fed facility has to provide religious services of all type.

Speaking of which, GallopingHordes, do you remember the to-do over the upstart Church Of the New Sun?

That is awkward (church and state thing) they had all kinds of things in there, wiccan circles, bhuddist stuff, nothing for satanism (obviously). And yes your rights are pulled when you enter jail, which is exactly what I said, reguardless of what you think in jail, you are right-less

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Fight, I've been considering your post very carefully as I do want to address your statements. I have worked corrections for over 16 years as established before. While it is true once convicted of a felony you do lose some rights until release and others until re-instated by the courts; you donot lose all rights.

Inmates are entitled to certain rights. Those rights include the right to worship (of course, there are obviouse limits also discussed earlier), the right to adequate food, shelter and medical care. The right to communicate with their legal rep or if they can't afford one to have one appointed. The right to communicate and visit with their family. Now, under extraordinary circustances the visit may be revoked due to security issues but communication via mail and phone is still available. Should the inmate have no money for postage it is provided. Therefore I contend that your statement about being rightless is in fact over stated although I can understand why you would feel that way.

<< 1  2   >>

join