It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Chainsaw Masacre!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I just saw Texas Chainsaw Masacre yesterday, and let me tell you that it is #ing scary! I can't recall ever being scared after a movie. Well anyway, I was wondering if people could answer some of my questions.

Was the video footage of the police officer being grabbed at the end of the movie real?

Does anybody know any websites that go in detail about the exact scenerio that took place in Texas? (when I search, I only get movie sites)

Any other comments about the movie?
I was also thinking that we should have a new topic in ATS on murders/crimes etc. What do you think?

Take care

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i read on the net that texas chainsaw massacre was not real but leather face was based on a real man. i live in texas and no one knows about that legend.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This thread DOES NOT BELONG HERE.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread belongs somewhere on BTS

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put it Goregrinder.

Hmmm, they claim its based on a true story. But obviously I expect it will be over exaggerated. I just want to know the real story, because I'm very fascinated by the crimes that took place.

I still get chills when they show the last real picture of the killer, at the end of the movie.

It is definitely a movie I recommend........and I rarely do this

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:12 AM
link   
www.crimelibrary.com...

there is your answer Killuminati. It seems that many charactors were formed off this one killer. And yes the movie was good.

Also I think this would have been better suited in the entertainment forum.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
when u say u saw the movie yesterday do u mean the re make that has just come out or the original? ive havent seen the new one yet but i doubt it will touch the original one

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am fairly sure he is talking about the remake. The New one is good it isnt one of those movies that distroy the original it is very well done. The effects are great and Jessica Biel is HOT!

I was just wondering tho was it in the first one where he dances with the chainsaw and cut off his legs?

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
his leg gets cut then he gets up and dances around then the film ends

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have noticed that there have not been many decent horror movies recently.

I wanna see Freddy vs Jason tho.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
TheCore's right. it's very, very, VERY loosely based on Ed Gein. advertising it as 'based on a true story' (as they have been) is a stretch.

movie was pretty good, though. wasn't the original, but it did a good job of what it set out to do. the last minute or so sucked terribly. gawd. it was so stupid it almost ruined the movie.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
there is a film called ed gein. i havent seen it yet but i intend to rent it out from the local video shop.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Before I get to my comments... I'd like to say hello! (Yes, I'm new here).

Anyway... On to the film...

I see your talking about the new version of the film? (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). And yea, as many people have said... It is based on a guy called Ed Gein. Many films have also been made after him - Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Silence Of The Lambs. I have also seen the film called "Ed Gein" which is all on him.

Psycho copied the way he dressed up in womens clothes, Texas Chainsaw Massacre copied the way he cut off peoples faces and put them on him, and Silence Of The Lambs copied the way he was... Well a canibal.

Hope that cleared some things up, and sorry if I seem like an echo of everyone else.

Have any of you actually seen the original version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre? The one from 1974. It was banned over here in the UK for almost 30 years. I've seen and got that one, but haven't seen the new version. Could someone who has seen both, the old version and the new version tell me which is better? Is it worth seeing the new version?

Thank you.. And sorry for the long post. And also I apologise if you were talking about the original version in the first place, lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCore
I am fairly sure he is talking about the remake. The New one is good it isnt one of those movies that distroy the original it is very well done. The effects are great and Jessica Biel is HOT!

I was just wondering tho was it in the first one where he dances with the chainsaw and cut off his legs?

Just saw it today- man I was never so scared in a movie in all my life! I mean DANG can you say intense enough?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
TheyWatchYouToo, have you seen the original?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Yeah I saw the original as a kid... for some reason this movie strikes me as scarier.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not sure which version you were talking about but the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a classic and one of my favorites.

top topics

join