It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Madcow in Alberta (Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh OH, another possible case of Madcow disease in Canada.

Link: www.canada.com...

"OTTAWA (CP) - An Alberta cow may have been stricken with Canada's seventh case of BSE, or mad cow disease.

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is conducting additional tests in Winnipeg on the remains of the four-year-old cow suspected of having bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Initial results are consistent with tests conducted previously in Alberta, CFIA officials said.

If found to be infected, the Alberta cow would be Canada's seventh confirmed case of BSE and the second in the last week. Officials expect to confirm their findings by week's end. The agency confirmed last week that a cow in Manitoba died of BSE. "

This is gonna be bad for Western Canada, look out here comes R-calf!

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by sanctum]

Mod edit: cap title

[edit on 11-7-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah, this has recurred in the news numerous times here (I live in Alberta). This is, according to the newspaper this morning, would be the seventh mad cow if it tests positive. Sadly, this has financially hurt a lot of farmers here in the province, and for no really good reason that I can see. From what I have read, people can't even get BSE, or at least have not ever been diagnosed with it, and the only possible way a person might even get it is if they ingest part of the nervous system of the cow, like the brain or spinal cord. (yuk!)

A bunch of laws are being proposed to help curb the spread of BSE. I don't know all the details, but apparently if cows eat certain things, it makes them much more likely to get BSE. (I know one of them is if they eat parts of other cows in feed that had BSE) For the sake of local farmers, I hope this gets straightened out soon.

(and if sofiacrow comes upon this thread, please don't shoot me! I know she will disagree with everything I just said, and she has actually done a lot of research on this issue, and firmly believes that BSE is a real danger to people. I don't, but ATS is all about seeing all sides of an issue, and so you should know there is another side to the story than what I say)

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
For the sake of local farmers, I hope this gets straightened out soon.

I agree for the sake of the local farmers - but - this will never get straightened out till the governments take control and stop hiding what is really going on by REALLY testing for BSE. They don't, it's a joke. We haven't got a clue what's going on. Now mind you, the financial burden of this testing cannot fall on the local farmer, and it shouldn't andyway. This disease is being spread by governments refusal to stop adulterating our food supply and tricking farmers into thinking that they are growing better cows by doing so.

What I think is the big joke is that the US would restrict beef from anywhere, since we are the most lax and most likely candidates at this point for an all out disastor. Our standards with our own beef are low and our adulteration of our own food supply is riviled by none.

join