It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about moderators

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
There are 3 basic criteria to become a mod.

1- Never ask to be one.
2- Have a love for ATS.
3- Have NO life.

Hey, wait a minute. *looks around*
I have a life, yeah...I do. Just cuz I spend a lot of time on ATS and sometimes forget about the time and.....and....

Well, anyway. Two out of three ain't bad.

I always thought the mods here were cool, and never thought I would be one. It was a big surprise to get the invite.

Whether or not you become a mod or supermod here, we're all still members of the greatest online community there is.

Most importantly,
ronishia, have a great time here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
dontr worry hun i plan to

oh and on a side note you lot are nuts

but in a good way of course

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
oh and on a side note you lot are nuts

Compliments will get you nowhere

but thanks, anyway

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Fighter- participates in debates
Writer- participates in the Creative Writing forum
Scholar- participates in research projects

To become a Writer you need to contact worldwatcher

To become a Fighter you need to contact Nygdan

To become a Scholar you need to contact ADVISOR

Writing competitions seem to spring up atleast once a month. Anyone can compete in these and will be awarded the Writer status.

Debates are alittle less common but are very organized. We normally use a crew of members in an organized environment with a lose your out policy. The Vagabond is our defending champion, he won the latest debate which finished up a few weeks ago. Hopefully we will see another one come up this month.

Research Projects are something I have not touched on yet, but I believe they are ongoing. This is one status that you need to earn and keep working to retain.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neew World Leader
Ok please forgive my ignorance but what exactly does a moderator do?

Still trying to figure out that one myself

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I knew it! I knew you mods were the REAL reason the cattle were getting mutilated!

But of course:

But you said it as if it was a bad thing.

"Pass the A1."

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A better question would be, why would you WANT to be a mod? From my perspective, its a pain in the rump job. Some things to think about.

1. Youre constantly being flooded with u2us. Some are legit questions and complaints. Others are stupid or petty complaints designed to annoy or try and get other members in trouble.

2. When drama breaks out, you seldom get the option of being able to back out of the nonsense and go to a nice quiet section of the forum where you can have some peace. When the drama hits the fan, youre usually in the middle of it, and sometimes, even the object of it.

3. When you find that you must close down a thread because its gone off the rails of a crazy train, you will be at the center of complaints and accusations. Angry posters who are upset that you closed down their threads will accuse you of everything, from bias and playing favorites to being a CIA informant or agent of the illuminati. It is seldom a mod can close down or trash a thread that has become a nightmare without being accused of every single social crime concievable.

4. As a group, moderators time after time again, out of the blue, are accused of being part of some vast government conspiracy involving ATS as a front for the CIA or NWO, even when you haven't done anything.

5. You don't get to spend as much time as you used to posting because you are too busy trtying to sort out issues and problems with the system that different members have.

6. You are no longer eligible for the WATS award or for applause. The WATS award is pretty neat.

Ive been on this board over three years now, and have never had any inclination of being a mod. I used to have friends on here in the past that were mods, and some quit because of the hassle involved. Its not entirely a fun job, and worse, you dont get paid to babysit a bunch of paranoid nutcases in tin foil hats who seldom appreciate everything you do and suspect you as being a lackey to the forces of darkness.

Trust me, ronisha. Being a tinwiki editor is WAY more fun. Its like being a librarian of your own tin foil library, where you have the peace and quiet to contribute articles, make edits, and help organize a really cool database on all those subjects that make the best damn library of scary things on the net!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Normally I'd say, "you have NO idea." But it seems like you really do Skadi. This is the one that is the worst imo:

"5. You don't get to spend as much time as you used to posting because you are too busy trying to sort out issues and problems with the system that different members have."

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
But of course:

But you said it as if it was a bad thing.

"Pass the A1."

I didn't say it was bad! I like a good cattle mutilation too if it's cooked up right. Although I like a good six pepper spread on mine, maybe a little garlic tossed in.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I didn't say it was bad! I like a good cattle mutilation too if it's cooked up right. Although I like a good six pepper spread on mine, maybe a little garlic tossed in.

With lemon?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmmm, I might have to try that next time. Let me know when the next mutilation is! I've tried garlic, but never with lemon.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Hmmm, I might have to try that next time. Let me know when the next mutilation is! I've tried garlic, but never with lemon.

You'll have to check out this forum to get the schedule.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'll keep an eye on that one then. I haven't had a good mutilation in awhile.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If Only You Knew

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
5. You don't get to spend as much time as you used to posting because you are too busy trying to sort out issues and problems with the system that different members have.

Yeah really!

Instead of spamming the public forums all the time, I'm spamming Cosmic now.

Oh the humanity!

[edit on 7/9/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Instead of spamming the public forums all the time, I'm spamming Cosmic now.

The awful truth of the matter...

Spam Monkeys, not just for being pink and tasty anymore...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Ive been on this board over three years now, and have never had any inclination of being a mod. I used to have friends on here in the past that were mods, and some quit because of the hassle involved. Its not entirely a fun job, and worse, you dont get paid to babysit a bunch of paranoid nutcases in tin foil hats who seldom appreciate everything you do and suspect you as being a lackey to the forces of darkness.

Like it alot.. but wait.. that was an insult

Are you a secret mod/ illuminati member trying to turn us into a police state by removing our 'nut case' views?!

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Knights]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join