It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomb of Osiris

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2002 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here we are...

abcnews.go.com...

...it even states they do believe that the tunnels link the tomb of osiris to other areas of Giza plataeu, I didn't remember it being in Giza but apparently it is...

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hope they dont open it...
God knows what evil it contains...
J/K
OPEN IT!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've seen something about that on Discovery Channel a bit more than a year ago...They showed a video shot of the water & the stone coffin could be seen through the water, it was so clear. So the water finally dropped to where they could open it, huh?

I wish I could've been there...

[Edited on 2-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:53 AM
link   
You may be thinking of the one at Abydos (sometimes called Temple of Osiris), Free mason.

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The connection with "Osiris" is, at best, conjecture, of course.
The original Fox broadcast ( around 3 years ago) sent ripples across the waters of Looney-land of course: Edgar Cayce lives, Lost Atlantis blah...yawn...
But there's quite a good little UK site on it - demonstrating that it was as much journalism as Egyptology.
www.towers-online.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So if Osiris was really a God, this would prove that the egyptians were right... right?

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In ancient pre-biblical times, it was fairly common for leaders & rulers to proclaim that they were of divine origin...It made ruling their tribes & villages much easier...

If that tomb is actually confirmed to contain the remains of Osiris, then that would merely be an indicator that the ancient Egyptian rulers were only doing what was common at that time (Mesopotamians did it too...Or have you fogotten about Gilgamesh?).

...But it would also lend a bit more credibility to some of those ancient myths because those myths would have been (at least loosely) based on *actual historical events*!

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 08:38 PM
link   
No, i have not fotgotten about Gilgamesh, but what i am saying is that these people worshipped Osiris and called him the ruler of the underworld i think. This would mean that he actually did exist as this person, or MDS is right. But i cant get it out of my head that he was a God.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Throughout the centuries of Egyptian Dynasties, the Pharoah was considered to be the incarnation of a god, living on Earth. He was also the highest priest of the nation. Upon ascending to the royal throne, the Pharoah took additional names, derived from how well his actual personality (or public *image* of his personality) meshed with any particular god...Most times, the Pharoah added a name related to Horus or Osiris, but other Pharoahs took names according to which god had the most religious influence at the time.

Gilgamesh claimed to be 2/3 divine...Which means that he somehow had 3 parents, 2 of which were gods/goddesses?

If that tomb actually contains the remains of Osiris, that alone doesn't prove true divinity of any sort...It only proves that he had *excellent* PR & the loyalty of the people who performed his burial with such care.

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Holy crap, I didn't know that about gilgamesh, but gilgamesh is also possibly a tale in which the Gods are really Aliens...or so some have concluded, and well that is a strong evidence for Aliens, the 2/3rds bit...

...Gene splicing and all, and if you are trying to genetically engineer a new species, who says you need to do it the old fashioned 2 parents way?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason...Gene splicing and all, and if you are trying to genetically engineer a new species, who says you need to do it the old fashioned 2 parents way?
I, however, am one who will still keep in mind that, even though Gilgamesh *claimed* to be 2/3 divine, doesn't mean that he was actually telling the truth of his parentage...Remember that many of the ancient leaders claimed divinity to inspire his followers & keep them under control easier. After all, from the perspective of the more simple minds of those days, who really wanted to argue with a god?

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes yes...but still, Aliens is one possibility, though I doubt very much so, but it would explain the "cargo cultness" of humanities larger religions.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm not denying the "alien" possibility...I'm more focused on the *probabilty* & how it's been repeated thoughout history.

Even now the world leaders, even if they don't claim *personal* divinity, are all too willing to claim that "God is on our side"...

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Actually, we were just reading the tale of Gilgamesh in Social Studies, and it says the Gods granted him this 2/3 divinity, so he didn't necessarily have 3 parents MD.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What does this topic have to do with Military & Government Facilities anyway?

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was kidding about the 3 parents thing, but Gilgamesh claiming 2/3 divinity was the *real* point...

Originally posted by Inspectah
What does this topic have to do with Military & Government Facilities anyway?

Think about it for a second...If that really is the tomb of Osiris, then that makes the whole tomb a construct by the ancient Egyptians to house the remains of their *leader of government*. Pharoahs were not only considered to be living incarnations of a god, but they were also the Head of State. So that makes Osiris' tomb a government facility...

Okay, so I'm stretching the point...Maybe even close to snapping it...

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think you are MD.

But anyway, it's good enough for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I know this thread is old, and incomplete. I would like to know if anyone

has any information as to why the U.S. and Egyptian military were sent to

Control the area during the excavation. There has never been a need to

Police excavations in this manner, ever. What was different here? What

did they find in terms of artifacts, which made a complete public inventory

Impossible? If the other chambers contain the tombs of other Gods/

Aliens, what technologies might have been buried with them? IMO, the

World should demand answers to the doubt we have with our accepted

history. Our first overseers took with them to the grave, the origins of

mankind. It is by these discoveries that we can understand ourselves. By

what need does a defense entity have the right, to decide what knowledge

we may posses? If at all, when that knowledge is irrelevant to defense.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by newyorkee]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Never mind, the thing thingy did not work.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Satan/All Seeing Eye/ Set

My thesis from using some of the events surrounding the discovery
of the tomb is that Satan has been resurrected from the watery abyss,

Tomb was unearthed in 1999 by Hawass
Military moved in and took control of the find.
I believe the pyrimid/ all seeing eye was the secret of where
Satan was imprisoned and his wisdom was DNA as with the
double helix on the baphomet, the reason why Pharoahs copied
the mummification of the Gods knowing they would be resurrected
by their genes in the future.
What happened after 1999

A Great Masonic Ceremony at the pyrimids putting the all seeing eye
on the pyrimids.
A Capstone was supposed to be laid on the Great Pyrimid but the Egypt Air
plane that was bringing the Technicians nosed dived into the sea with the
pilot saying "Allah Akbar" deliberately crashing the plane. What did he know?
www.theguardian.com...

Bill Clinton Millenium Celebrations quote "It is a rising sun,"
They have the remains of a Fallen Angel or the Fallen Angel Satan
imprisoned in the past and now being reborn by science .
Can anyone else help me piece more of this together or know anything
in continuation of this like the rise of Satanic Ritual as in the Music/ Superbowl
and other TV rituals ...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join