It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House agrees on non-binding resolution condemning release of Classified information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For those of you who saw the debate on CSPAN...this is from the clerks office...the official tally of the bill "Supporting intelligence and law enforcement programs to track terrorists and terrorist finances conducted consistent with Federal law and with appropriate Congressional consultation and specifically condemning the disclosure and publication of classified information that impairs the international fight against, etc." As well as the responses of five democratic congresspersons.

www.crooksandliars.com
Slaughter: Think of what we heard from leading Republicans over the past few days. They’ve called the disclosure of the swift anti-terrorist program a disgrace, they’ve accused a newspaper that first wrote it, the ""the new york times,"" of forcing its, quote, arrogant elitist left-wing agenda, end quote, on the rest of the country. If all of this is true, I have no choice but to conclude that our President, President bush himself, is a disgraceful, arrogant left-wing elitist, because it was Mr. Bush who leaked the story."

Dingell: "They tell us that they’re protecting our civil liberties while they’re tapping our phones and spying in our libraries and looking into our bank accounts. They tell us to trust us on everything. They tell us to trust us on — trust them on everything because they’re protecting their civil liberties. Well, I don’t think I can trust this administration to protect my civil liberties and those of the people that I serve.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I saw this debate and thought it was just more of the same. Wind blowing and smoke and mirrors. I didn't actually expect them to actually pass a non-binding resolution condemning the release of classified information.

So first, we out your wife if you try and show people we are lying....then....we take away whistle blower protection laws...and now we are condemning the Times for the release of information that was done in a rather professional manner...I.E not too much information was given away...not enough to ACTUALLY do any damage...just enough to inform the American people.

What really shocks me is that the United States government doesn't realize that it does not matter what they think. They are not supposed to have an agenda other than that of their respective constituents. Because the American people are paying for everything that this Government does, they have the right to certain things...specifically when it comes to even coming close to violating Civil Liberties. This is what imho the founding fathers had in mind for a free press.

This really just nails the hammer home on this government. It will do anything regardless of what party is actually leading to retain power. Right now its the Extremist right a decade from now maybe longer maybe shorter it will be the Extremist Left. Either way the real people who matter...the citizenry... we don't have a choice....we must simply follow along.

Related News Links:
clerk.house.gov
crooksandliars.com

[edit on 30-6-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 30-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just a little added info related to this topic can be found here.

N.Y. Times Retaliates Against Cheney - Rumsfeld

If the times keeps this type of reporting up they are bound to get tried for treason.

[edit on 7/1/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Just a little added info related to this topic can be found here.

N.Y. Times Retaliates Against Cheney - Rumsfeld

If the times keeps this type of reporting up they are bound to get tried for treason.

tried for treason? what is this the middle ages, News is News. nobody is above the news. I seen a news special on how you can into someones garage just by puchasing the same brand remote control that you can use on anyones garage with the same brand name.

maybe rumsy should think about relocating his camera's to more secluded areas. the bird house is a little obviouse. probably ment to be.

sounds like the old "good cop, bad cop" routine anyway. since when did the NY times decide it's best interests was to inform people of the truth? are they not in the same ownship circles as the rest of the major media? then agian was it not the times that printed the story of embassador wilson?

Rumsfeld's house is not a military target, if they were filming the inner workings of a missle silo or something i would understand. Rumsfeld is politian, Expendable. he signed up for the job, he can have all the lime light that comes with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Shots the day they get tried for treason is the day I start fasting in protest for them to repeal the decision. the day they do that is the day I know america has fallen apart.

top topics

join