It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen king movie suggestion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
First off,stephen king is one of my favorite authors. It seems as though a lot of his books/short stories are being or are already made into made for tv movies.Most of them are good,but none come close to The Stand. The Stand is a long movie but worth it in my opinion.

What i dont get is how come no one has made a movie out of the novel "Desperation"?
This is my favorite king novel. One of the best i've ever read really. It would make a perfect horror/theological movie. It would at the least make you think. Vince Vaughn would be a great role for Entraigan the cop. He's tall and has that alcoholic/woman beater look to him:w::bash: lol.

Anyway,just wonderin if any of you have read it,and also think it would make a great movie.If Desperation the movie were to do well,they could naturally follow up with "The Regulators",but that's another post

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Just thinking,from a film studio's pov,a movie like Desperation would be a risk. It would have to be long,expensive,and most importantly it would have to stick to the book. But it would be worth the risk,i think it would pay off in the long run.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
They actually made Desperation into a tv-movie that aired on ABC. I am a Stephen King fan as well, but I haven't read it yet, but I watched it anyway and I thought it was pretty good for a tv-movie.

In case you didn't know they are going to air adaptations of Nightmares & Dreamscapes on TBS in July.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The stand? you think the stand was the best adaptation??

what about "the green mile" and "the shawshank redemption"? "Apt pupil"? or even "the Running man"? You know starring arnie?

I can't believe he's a politician now. You americans are crazy folk.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
If The Stand was going to be a "great" adaption, they would have needed another 3 or 4 hours at least. As it is, they missed out a lot, and didn't do a great job IMO. Good film, but not great.

I'd love to see Desperation, even though it is probably nowhere near as good as the book. A lot of people think it's one of his best books, and I'd have to agree, the writing in that and the Regulators was fantastic. Another one I wouldn't mind seeing turned into a movie is The Talisman, but again they just wouldn't have enough time to do it justice, it would be compressed into a few hours and would probably lose half of it's charm. Oh well :w:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Another one I wouldn't mind seeing turned into a movie is The Talisman, but again they just wouldn't have enough time to do it justice, it would be compressed into a few hours and would probably lose half of it's charm. Oh well :w:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Also coming in the next couple of years: From a Buick 8 and Black House. Interestingly enough (for those who don't know), Black House is the sequel to The Talisman, and is scheduled (according to IMDB) to be coming out the same year.

To save you the click over and back, none of those pages have hardly any information on them; just kind of place holders for now. But the movies are in the works.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I've always hoped for an adaptation of The Mist from Skeleton Crew. In the right hands that could turn out very well I think.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"The Mist" is one of my all time favorites as well. I've felt the same way about "The Jaunt" as a possible film.

"Black House" is one of my favorites, but I can't imagine it as a movie. They'll have to butcher it to make a film out of it,unless the movie's 30 hours long.

I'd put "Black House" up there with "The Stand" and "It". Yes, it's a sequel to "The Talisman" but it stands on its own and IMO is a better book.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Desperation aired on ABC in the MAY Sweeps.

abc.go.com...

The movie was faithful to the actual book in my opinion.

You can buy the DVD on Amazon: www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Also expect to see "Cell" made into a movie in 2007 from the same people that brought you "Hostel"

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

Originally posted by chebob
Another one I wouldn't mind seeing turned into a movie is The Talisman, but again they just wouldn't have enough time to do it justice, it would be compressed into a few hours and would probably lose half of it's charm. Oh well :w:

Ask and ye shall receive.

I can't believe I missed this, wow

I hope they don't make a mess of it, but I'm excited all the same. Fantastic :w:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
THE DARK TOWER series are the best that Stephen King has written. They would make great movies but not for tv and they would have to be done right. Stephen King himself actually plays part in the story not just like a face in a movie but himself. My favorite seven books of all time. I've read just about every book he has written under his name and alias.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
THE DARK TOWER series are the best that Stephen King has written. They would make great movies but not for tv and they would have to be done right. Stephen King himself actually plays part in the story not just like a face in a movie but himself. My favorite seven books of all time. I've read just about every book he has written under his name and alias.

I agree...roland is my favorite character, and the dark tower series is on my all-time favorite list.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
His more recent movies have been lacking in my opinion. "Langoliers" was terrible in my opinion, and "Silver Highway" lacked a lot to be desired. I am not real familiar with some of his work. I know there were several movies based on his work that were good. I thought "The Secret Window" was fairly decent, but he hasn't produced a book like "Salem's Lot" or "Cujo" in quite sometime.

[edit on 3-6-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My favorite is Dolores Claighburn and they hardly ever play it.

Also Misery. I've seen that one a dozen times.

Langoliers:

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Steven King could write an excellent horror story if he wrote about custody battles.

There is nothing more evil or harrowing than having to fight lies and the legal system just to see your kid.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
IMHO I think the dark tower series would make millions, and could be the next LOTR, or star wars.
they just need to make it before Clint Eastwood dies.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
IMHO I think the dark tower series would make millions, and could be the next LOTR, or star wars.
they just need to make it before Clint Eastwood dies.

A series could turn out to be amazing, but putting Clint Eastwood anywhere near Rolands character would instantly spoil it for me.

It's easy to be overawed by people we are told are "mega celebs", but in all honesty he would never be right for the role, never, he hasn't even got the charisma for it, never mind the wealth of other characteristics that would be needed to do the role "properly".

As a die hard fan of The Dark Tower, I feel rather strongly about it :bash:

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah, The Dark Tower would be fantastic as movie (or as I call 'em film). Would be very risky though - especially with his, er...interesting ending.
I just hope that The Talisman is better than Dreamcatcher which IMHO was quite quite appalling.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Also, if you didn't know, there is a short story with Roland, in the book 1408.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join