It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Immigrants Must Watch Racy Film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
In order to be permited to apply to immigrate into the Netherlands, prospective applicants must watch a film that exposes them to cultural norms that they might find shocking.

www.foxnews.com
he camera focuses on two gay men kissing in a park. Later, a topless woman emerges from the sea and walks onto a crowded beach. For would-be immigrants to the Netherlands, this film is a test of their readiness to participate in the liberal Dutch culture.

If they can't stomach it, no need to apply.

Despite whether they find the film offensive, applicants must buy a copy and watch it if they hope to pass the Netherlands' new entrance examination.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a brilliant idea.

Its a simple way to let people know that, maybe the tolerant, liberal, open society of the Netherlands isn't exactly for them.

For others, perhaps it will at least prepare them for things that they might see, and they will not arrive in the country expecting it to be substantially similar to, but 'better' than their homeland.

The film is apparently not part of the immigration package for everyone, rather it is specifically targeted at people wishing to form long term relationships in the country. Some have suggested that it is a secret attempt to keep mixed marriage couples out of the Netherlands. Muslim political figures in the Netherlands have suggested that the concept behind the film is sensible and that muslims need to 'embrace modernity'.

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
Embrace Modernity by Watching Homosexuality
If you’re not THIS liberal….
Emmigrating To The Netherlands?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Dutch Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh Murdered
The Netherlands may ban the Burqa
Dutch Ban Own Flag in Schools to Appease Muslim Immigrants
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-6-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Great find.
I have looked for clips of the video but have not come across any.
If you do come across it could you let us know please.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think its a great idea. Especially for people coming from really conservative, religous societies, such as Muslim countries. They need to learn to accept that their new chosen homeland is going to be very different from the old, and they need to learn to accept The Netherlands for what it is. If they have a problem with Dutch Culture, then they should find elsewhere to live.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Skaldi,
I agree with you on this one. The Dutch have had some trouble with people comeing to there country who do not want the freedom it has. Some of the statesmen have said that people should not come there if they do not want the freedom it offers. So I see this as one way to tell the people that in advance. On the flip side, this will not stop the people who come there intending to cause harm to there society all along.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The Dutch government has just fallen a while ago about Hirsi Ali, an ex-muslim immigrant turned parliament member who got her passport taken away by minister Verdonk. The same minister who has created this immigration video. D66 wants Verdonk out of the government because of the pressure she put on Hirsi Ali.

www.euro2day.gr...

IMO Verdonk doesn't like colored people. She also tried to ensure that Arubians and Antillians (who are all Dutch nationals) be deported out of the Netherlands if they commit a crime. That's pure discrimination. Discrimination against colored people. You cannot deport person with the Dutch nationality out of the Netherlands!!

So IMHO this so called immigration video is a ploy by Verdonk to keep colored people out of the Netherlands.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Great find.
I have looked for clips of the video but have not come across any.
If you do come across it could you let us know please.

Here's a clip from a news broadcast that has excerpts from the video, including the topless scene, as well as interviews with some immigrants and politicians regarding the film and new immigration policies.

2006-03-16-sparks-Dutch-Immigration

I also have a six minute clip from the video.
If you're interested I can upload that video as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ace,
Thanks for the link. That short report I think pretty well described it.
Over all my first impreshen will stand. It is good so people will have some idea of the level of freedom they will be comeing into, so as to be ready to accept it.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
The Dutch government has just fallen a while ago about Hirsi Ali, an ex-muslim immigrant turned parliament member who got her passport taken away by minister Verdonk. The same minister who has created this immigration video. D66 wants Verdonk out of the government because of the pressure she put on Hirsi Ali.

www.euro2day.gr...

IMO Verdonk doesn't like colored people. She also tried to ensure that Arubians and Antillians (who are all Dutch nationals) be deported out of the Netherlands if they commit a crime. That's pure discrimination. Discrimination against colored people. You cannot deport person with the Dutch nationality out of the Netherlands!!

So IMHO this so called immigration video is a ploy by Verdonk to keep colored people out of the Netherlands.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

Actually, I don't see your point here, Bandit. I don't see how this video would discriminate against people from Antilla and Arubans. Because both societies are pretty laid back and I do not see how they would be bothered by Dutch culture. Its not those people mentioned who come over and want to make women were tents and want to impose their culture upon the Dutch. In fact, I don't see how such a video would bother them.

I could see how people might claim it discriminates against Muslims, who would indeed be opposed to the images and culture in the Netherlands, which is a very liberal and open country. However, I do not personally think it discrimination.

If you have a problem with a country's culture and society, and they way they live, then don't go there period. You don't go in someones home and tell them how to live and run things. You just don't.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well thankfully I have never dreamed of moving to Europe, especially a place as rampant with laws praising and encouraging immorality and indecency as the Netherlands. I am not anti-gay or nothing, but personally I just do not approve of such a lifestyle, considering it is not biologically correct!

In fact I am all for a law that would allow gay-marriage, as long as Churches and Priests, and even certain courthouses reserve the right to themselves whether they want to marry them or not. It should also be a third degree felony to try and coerce another human being into the gay lifestyle. If you do not want to repopulate your spieces or spread your genetics, then get fixed.

As far as topless women go, I personally do not care to see strange breasts hanging everywhere I look.

I would urge anyone with any semblance of decency to avoid going to Netherlands.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Netherlands rocks.
The point is "Don't come to our country and attempt to force your idiot morals on our people."
After all isn't that what happened with the Muhammed cartoons?

Topless girls at the beach, rock on!
Why can fat ugly white men let their tits hang out but women can't?

We should have such a film in America, with pictures of the Klan, skinheads, racist ghetto gangs of various ethnic origins, asian market owners eyeing customers with disgust and suspcion, politicians selling out the freedoms people come here for in the name of corporate profits, homeless war veterans left to starve in the street, uninsured babies being buried and cremated, etc, etc, etc.

No our immigration office shows a film with Bush, mountains,wheat feilds and flags.
What a bunch of crap.

df1

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Well thankfully I have never dreamed of moving to Europe, especially a place as rampant with laws praising and encouraging immorality and indecency as the Netherlands.

Im not very familar with the laws in the netherlands. Do all of the laws encourage immorality and indecency? Or do you have some particular laws in mind?

As far as topless women go, I personally do not care to see strange breasts hanging everywhere I look.

So I assume that you prefer the normal variety which dont hang?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I love that show. It doesnt offend me to see that at all. I often wondered why its ok to see them in all their glory, but its not ok for white folks to be seen or filmed that way.

You seen one, you've seen them all!
I guess you would need a certain je no se quoi and maturity to travel there and brush up against a bunch of organs you dont normally see down our way. Not everyone is a stud, and not everyone is going to be a gorgeous blonde either. You got to take the good with the bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Aaaarrghhh my computer started to reload so this is the second time I'm writing this...

But anyways...

Skadi,

What I was talking about there is how Minister Verdonk deals with issues there. Her way is racist IMO. The example about the Arubians and Antillians is that she wants to deport Arubian and Antillian convicts back to their respected islands. That's 100% impossible according to the law because Arubians and Antillians are born Dutch. Legally they are as Dutch as the average caucasian Dutch person. You can't deport them out of a art of their own kingdom. It's like deporting a native Dutchman out of the Netherlands. So that is just discrimination IMO, and that's HER idea. Like I said, that's how she works.

As for the video. Yeah sure you'll see half naked women walking on the beach. But it's usually on very rare occasions that anyone goes to the beach unless they live in cities like The Hague. The chance that you'll see topless images of women walking on the street is next to none. Mainly because it usually is too cold of course, but you wouldn't see it even in the red light district in Amsterdam on Queen's birthday when everyone is drunk and partying. The chance that you see to guys kissing is also close to none. Personally in the four years I've lived there I've never seen that. But I have seen gays walking holding hands though. But it's definately not that common as that video would like to portray.

Why don't they portray someone smoking a big blunt? Because the chance of you seeing that is a whole lot more than seeing topless women or gays kissing. In fact the scent of it hits you in the face the minute you step out of the train in A'dam Central Station. And there are always homeless people and bums hanging around in and around the central stations of A'dam, R'dam, Utrecht and second train station of The Hague. Why don't they show that? Because it's guaranteed you'll be taking public transportation in your first months in the Netherlands at least.

If they're talking about what you'll encounter most often when living in Holland they have to be more accurate, instead of showing images which will obviously offend the unwanted people.

And btw... Minister Verdonk wanted to force Hirsi Ali to sign an agreement that she didn't have any fault or anything to do with striping Hirsi of her Dutch passport and Dutch rights. D66, the smallest party in the government has refused to support Verdonk any further, which I applaud.

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Don't know about Antillians and Arubans. Looks to me like they're trying to keep Bible-thumping Republicans out.

[edit on 29-6-2006 by Astyanax]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I senceirly hope Balkenende gets lost and we get a Normal prime minester.

His nick name is harry potter, every other foreign minister that sees him laughs at us the Dutchies...He looks like a nerd who got bullied at school and now is a minister and is getting his revenge on the lower society (ussualy they become policeofficers aswell).

But yes the racism part is a 2 way knife.

First i wouldnt like to see Holand become like Aruba..poor and #ed up.

And second Holland is now filled with Emigrants 40/60 (I'm an imigrant aswell so I'm just talking senceirly with you)

Wat is gonna happen in 20-50 years is that the Emigrants will have the upperhand, and we'll see 70 procent of goverment (moslim for exampole ) 20 something els and 10 procent Dutch.....

in another 50 years wthis state will be a Churche state with no tolerance at all poverty and so on...

So the Dutch mpove out and go to other countries like Africa South America and start building up there there lifes...and when The "new Dutch" #ed up the land here they'll come back to there original countrys and the process starts again.

Lets call Holland Marroco now...cos its where we're hadding too...

No disrespect to any1 its just that if you look at the most caused issues its always an NON hollander that causes them..even now in parlement......

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wanted to add one thing...why blame Verdonk (i dont like her either TBH).

It was Hirsi Ali's responsebility right...not only Verdonks..

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Because she cannot be trusted to be unbiased anymore in her line of work. That's why. D66 wanted her to step down, but she refused.

And please take that # away what you said about Aruba. Have you ever been here before? Or do you read the telegraaf?

[edit on 30-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Because she cannot be trusted to be unbiased anymore in her line of work. That's why. D66 wanted her to step down, but she refused.

And please take that # away what you said about Aruba. Have you ever been here before? Or do you read the telegraaf?

[edit on 30-6-2006 by TheBandit795]

Yes Boath.

And people who read Telegraaf should be not taken serius everyone knows thats a bogus newspaper, they have more rectifications and articals.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So I shouldn't take you serious then, because you said both..

Anyway, back on topic. Verdonk will be gone sooner than later and Holland as a whole will profit from that. This whole poltical crisis is caused by Verdonk's actions in the Hirsi Ali case, which is completely unnecessary. It shouldn't of even been an issue.

Furthermore I don't believe the figures of immigrant/native Dutch is near the ratio you're taling about. It may be so in A'dam (southeast), R'dam (south) or Utrecht (kanaleneiland), but not everywhere.

And it's ridiculous to not take someone serious because of your visual perception of him, backed by imagination that is not based on reality. Balkenende looking like Harry Potter or Bill Gates (because that's what they call him too) does not have an effect on the way he works.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

So I shouldn't take you serious then, because you said both..

Anyway, back on topic. Verdonk will be gone sooner than later and Holland as a whole will profit from that. This whole poltical crisis is caused by Verdonk's actions in the Hirsi Ali case, which is completely unnecessary. It shouldn't of even been an issue.

Furthermore I don't believe the figures of immigrant/native Dutch is near the ratio you're taling about. It may be so in A'dam (southeast), R'dam (south) or Utrecht (kanaleneiland), but not everywhere.

And it's ridiculous to not take someone serious because of your visual perception of him, backed by imagination that is not based on reality. Balkenende looking like Harry Potter or Bill Gates (because that's what they call him too) does not have an effect on the way he works.

Hehe, Yes i Do read All news papers just to amusemyself and be up to date on crap subjects and on serius objects.

You do realise that Majority of people in Hollnad live in Big cities and not in a viladge like (no clue wat vilage to mention). I'm trying to find statistiks...Btw Dont forget to count all the Illigal people living here or people waiting for Dutch nationality...I will provide link later on.

And its not only about How Bak Elende looks like but also wat work he does. i mean Charismatik Minister is better then an ugly and a bit frustrated one (and there are no dumb charismatik Ministers cos you have to be smart to get into that position) Think about image and thats what its all about In politics (mostly).

Well I'm not a racist cos I aint dutch myself..so dont take it that side plz, but i do care for people living here cos I'm one of them aswell now.

new topics

top topics

join