It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Gate Command

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm a huge star gate buff and I was wondering is there an goverment base where the SCG mean't to be.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The base in Stargate or the base in SG1? If I remember right, they're called two different things *like O'Neil's son, he was Tyler in the movie and Charlie in the series*

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In SG1, the outside looks like Cheyenne Mountain, ie Norad.

Conceivable that the movie's base was moved after they found out it worked.

[Edited on 10/24/03 by crayon]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thanks guys.....Norad I never would have thought

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Does anyone beside me think that technology similar to the stargate exists or did exist?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raptor
I'm a huge star gate buff and I was wondering is there an goverment base where the SCG mean't to be.

Stargate is in fact one of the only shows fully endorsed by the airforce. Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I didn't know that Stargate was endorsed by the Air Force, that's an interesting little tidbit.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thats an interesting fact, why would they endorsed star gate? after all it is about a secret gov. project

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Most likely due to their concepts of filming it at Cheyenne Mountain... exterior shots... technical advisors that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yes it's the Cheyenne mountain.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo

Stargate is in fact one of the only shows fully endorsed by the airforce. Hmmmm.

Wait the airforce endorses the series Stargate SG1?

since when? As to if the airforce has or had this kind of tech. I would imagine that they had something pretty close to it. Considering that over the past 20 years or so we have had a incredible jump of tech. all of a sudden. Cant wait untill they "release" more of their tech. to the public

-Dagger

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thats an interesting fact, why would they endorsed star gate? after all it is about a secret gov. project

i would guess that they endorse it so that if they ever get or already have this technology, and someone leaked it they would have plausible deniability. they could just say that whoever leaked and reported this just watched too much tv.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
i would guess that they endorse it so that if they ever get or already have this technology, and someone leaked it they would have plausible deniability. they could just say that whoever leaked and reported this just watched too much tv.

I'd just been thinking this as I worked my way down the thread. Without a doubt, it would be the perfect advance set-up that would mean any future suggestions of such a technology existing for real, would be laughed off in a second.

Cool show though, I watched it religiously for a year or so but our TV schedules over here are screwed up with regards to anything SciFi, I lost track of when it was on and gave up.

I need Sky

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's possible one exists, somewhere.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang

Do you mean as in the episode "Wormhole X-Treme"? I'll take that "coincidence" as a hint.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Actually, the simple and honest reason that the Air Force endorses SG1 is that they portray the Air Force in a postive light for the most part.

I doubt it's anything more than that.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Actually, the simple and honest reason that the Air Force endorses SG1 is that they portray the Air Force in a postive light for the most part.

I doubt it's anything more than that.

Spiderj

It's just that "Wormhole X-Treme" makes it seem that there is something like the stargate. Of course, the stargate idea could just be a cover to help hide something stranger, but the best way to make something true seem fake is to publish it as fiction, so that makes a real stargate more plausable.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix314
It's just that "Wormhole X-Treme" makes it seem that there is something like the stargate. Of course, the stargate idea could just be a cover to help hide something stranger, but the best way to make something true seem fake is to publish it as fiction, so that makes a real stargate more plausable.

Just like Gen Hammond told ONeal when they were "advising" for Wormhole Extreme.
Plausable Deniabilty .

"A key concept for such actions is that of plausible deniability�the ability of the president to disavow any U.S. knowledge of involvement in the action."

But getting back to "do you believe it is possible"
Sure why not, I am more inclined to believe that we found some ancient technology left by aliens, than most other things.

Remember the end of Indiana Jones and The Arc ?

Alllllllllllllllllllllllll those boxes that the government had stuck in a warehouse somewhere.....you gotta believe they have a storage facilty like that...somewhere....

Plus they really got my attention when they pulled out the "quantum mirror" which allows you to go from one alternative universe to another....

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's in Cheyenne Mountain, they say so in the series, and even in the movie [?].

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Its Cheyenne Mountain, North Colorado, cOLORADO sPRINGS

top topics

join