It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
... I hate it. With a passion.

Case in point ... Ozzie Guillen (manager of the Chicago White Sox) called a Chicago columnist a "fag" (dunno if that term is ok in the T&C, so mods feel free to edit). The media is making such a big deal about it here in Chicago and even nationally. It has been the second or third lead story on espn.com the last couple days.

Now I am in no way saying it's ok to berate homosexuals. I am not even condoning his choice of words (although I share similar feelings about Mr. Mariotti).

BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

This story is more important than a rookie pitcher throwing a 1 hitter, more important than a world championship in the NBA, more important than the World Cup? I mean come on ... the media reports on death and slander and theft and corruption and then goes on to ask in commentary why america is going mad? PC is like a plague to me. At what point will it not be ok to call a mason a "bricklayer" because the "-layer" part has a sexual connotation? People will say "think about the civil rights movement" and "you can't go around slandering people of different ethnicities". I understand that. I have no problem with that ... but this world is getting ridiculous. There are any number of things that offend me, some will probably be in the replies to this post. How many people have to be offended before it is PC to avoid offending them? I am a very tolerant person and I am deeply devoted to free speech. To me PC has to be all or nothing ... someone will ALWAYS be offended no matter what. And that offends me.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You should try living in the UK!!!!

Political correctness gone mad IMO:shk:

join