It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murtha on TV " MEET THE PRESS"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Havn't found any links for it, still airing at this time. Those of you who have heard enough from Murtha, he aint saying thing different, but it's the only thing on tv...

Sad to say, but I actually find some of what he says as relevent. He is right that more could be done, and that from the get go things were under cut.

brb

Well same old Murtha, no new news. Typical TV programming....

He is running for Lead chair though, that was news to me at least. Not so sure if I agree with that, but who else would be better, ideas?

[edit on 18-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I like his take on the war on terror. He makes sense when all the Washington officials and the public at large say "We are fighting the war on Terror"
NO we are not. The Washington elite are sitting in airconditioned offices, as most of us are, and not fighting in 120 degree wheather. The troops are doing all the fighting. They are the ones. All in all, i respect the man for coming out and stating precisely what lots of us think.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Havn't found any links for it, still airing at this time. Those of you who have heard enough from Murtha, he aint saying thing different, but it's the only thing on tv...

Sad to say, but I actually find some of what he says as relevent. He is right that more could be done, and that from the get go things were under cut.

brb

Well same old Murtha, no new news. Typical TV programming....

He is running for Lead chair though, that was news to me at least. Not so sure if I agree with that, but who else would be better, ideas?

How is this sad? He is a anomaly in Washington. He is one of the only ones who fights for Veteran Rights. Alot better than Bush/CHeney/Liberman/Rumsfeld/Rove/

He doesn't just make a political stage performance. he means what he says and truly supports the soldiers and spends time with them.

That's why so many high ranking military officers can't condemn him. He is expressing his views on this war and he's right. You don't go into a country without a concrete plan. And that is all there is to it.

I am amazed that there are still dinosaurs in the La Brea Tar Pits who don't question anything just go along with whatever. Meanwhile you got Iraqi vets sleeping in their cars with their children. There's no excuse for that. It's just Washington greed and insensitivity, plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRGERBIK

He is a anomaly in Washington.

You said it better than I could explain. I disagree with him on many issues, but on this and some others I do agree.

I find that sad, wasn't what I typed make sence? Heck my question in a post above was "who would be better" "for the lead chair", none have offered a suggestion, and in my opinion, after listening to him this morning, who really would be better?

I'm not sure I agree with it, but I don't see any one else who is better either.

[edit to fix quote]

new topics

top topics

join