It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help identify this thing (Strange offshore Google Earth find)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The original poster's picture did make me wonder what it was I'm glad someone was able to give it an explanation. I had a search myself for underwater circles to see if I could find out but failed to find anything relevent.

I'm quite new to google earth I've only been playing about with it for 2 or 3 days (thats how long theres been a linux version) I have to say I'm impressed with it.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I was going to say that it looks like some kind of aqua farm or where they cultivate spirulina or chlorella.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknikal
The original poster's picture did make me wonder what it was I'm glad someone was able to give it an explanation. I had a search myself for underwater circles to see if I could find out but failed to find anything relevent.

I'm quite new to google earth I've only been playing about with it for 2 or 3 days (thats how long theres been a linux version) I have to say I'm impressed with it.

Keep searchin'. I was addicted to it for about a month after I downloaded it. When I found the circles, I was actually searching coastlines for sunken ships or artifacts, that sorta stuff.

Thanks for finguring it out fellas.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
12m8keall2c,

That is so cool that you live close enough to do an investigation for this thread. That is exactly the sort of thing that will take this forum to greatness and precisely why I keep coming back to read here.

It's nice to have a forum like this. Now for those interested...I also posted a challenge in the BTS interesting websites forum about Yankee Stadium viewed from Google Earth.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by davenman
12m8keall2c,

That is so cool that you live close enough to do an investigation for this thread. That is exactly the sort of thing that will take this forum to greatness and precisely why I keep coming back to read here.

Except that what he posted was from an external source. 12m lives happily in the continental US, not on the shores of España.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
As for the Eilat thingy in the red sea,

it´s an under water structure for tourists with big glass panels where you can look at some colorful tropical fish swimming around you including some nice 26 feet sharks, deadly mantas and other friendly beasts.

There is even a big sub marine for tourists too.

I´ve been there at a place called Taba Hotel (which was blown up by some terrorists shortly after) on the Egypt-Israel border.

Nice place for people who like diving like me !

I wouldn´t recommend the region for hollydays right now, ... even if you had fireworks almost every night, provided by Israeli boats patrolling the coast, shooting with machine guns into the water now and then (all night long) because of terrorist divers !

They had flares (?) mixed in with the bullets which reflected on the water surface going up several hundred feet, illuminating everything in romantic colors ... .

Surely nothing for the faint hearted.

[edit on 17-6-2006 by cycles]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Found another similar offshore oddity. In the Atlantic Just off the NE coast of Madeira Island. Not as many but a strange water structure very close as well.

pg.photos.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ox

fellas im sure that they all are fish pens that hold fish in the ocean and the boat is for the workers that work there!

<< 1   >>

join