It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient pavement on mars...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
okay so I cant link directly to the image because its on a slide show...but here is the website.... www.msnbc.msn.com...
Scroll down to slide show on the right hand side...its the tenth picture....you can click on 10...its a picture of one of the mars rovers taking a picture of the dune feature....but what its standing on....it could be normal stone...but if you look at the contours and how much of it there is....I dont know...it just looked a lil odd to me...what do yall think???

heres the site again member scroll down right side slide show 10th picture www.msnbc.msn.com...

MOD EDIT: Fixing broken links.

[edit on 6/4/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm going to agree with what the caption says, that it's bedrock. It just so happens that the rover is stopped on it. You can clearly see patches of it elsewhere not covered by dunes.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
um...

why do people have to see SOMETHING on mars?

mars is a fairly interesting geologically. it may have had life at one point, not necassarily intelligent life.

just look at the updated photos, the ones that are hi-res. there are MOUNTAINS, not pyramids. there's a MESA, not a big-ol face.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
DUDE!!! I wasn't talking about the usual suspects...this is a new Hi-res picture of what appear to be broken tile or ceremaic stones lain together to form an anciet Pavillion...this is a New picture jsut released....you obvoisly didnt even check out the picture....

Its picture 10 on the slide show....

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
CMDKeen...i could see that...it just looked a lil off too me....to many Straight lines....when i saw the pic for the first time an Ancient Greek or ROman pavillion is really what it reminded me of....but man loves to mimic nature...so i could totally see it being nothing more than bedrock....but if you blindly accept everything when out first asking who what why when where how you never go anywhere....thanks CMD for actually linking to the site and not just posting

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I had a look and I don't think anything can be determined for sure unless much higher res pictures are shown. There are areas of the earth which have simlar rocks.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Haven't any of you ever walked across a dry lake bed and seen the cracking, block-like mud there, so much like laid-brick pavement?

This is like Richard Hoagland at:

HOAGIE LAND

... who sees ruins in every crater shadow.

Gee whilikers.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wasnt coming out PRO RUINS i was coming out wondering...i personally havent been on a lake bed before...thats why i put it here in skunk instead of in cultues....it just looked a lil odd to mee...thankyou for informing me of my own stupidity

new topics

top topics

join