It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Proof of Alien Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In 2001, a scientist from India collected samples of mysterious bands of rain, which came down blood red. In the samples, the scientist found red microbes, and found them to be very unique. he found that they contain no DNA, and can self replicate quite easily in temperatures of about 600 degrees fahrenheit, where the previously known limit was 250. The scientist thinks that the reason as to why the microbes can survive in such extreme conditions is because they may not be of this world.

www.cnn.com
(PopSci.com) -- As bizarre as it may seem, the sample jars brimming with cloudy, reddish rainwater in Godfrey Louis's laboratory in southern India may hold, well, aliens.

In April, Louis, a solid-state physicist at Mahatma Gandhi University, published a paper in the prestigious peer-reviewed journal Astrophysics and Space Science in which he hypothesizes that the samples -- water taken from the mysterious blood-colored showers that fell sporadically across Louis's home state of Kerala in the summer of 2001 -- contain microbes from outer space.

Specifically, Louis has isolated strange, thick-walled, red-tinted cell-like structures about 10 microns in size. Stranger still, dozens of his experiments suggest that the particles may lack DNA yet still reproduce plentifully, even in water superheated to nearly 600 degrees Fahrenheit . (The known upper limit for life in water is about 250 degrees Fahrenheit .)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very interesting news. if these microbes are found to be of extra-terrestrial origin, that will be one of the biggest discoveries of recent times. To show life can survive on comets and such, survive the break-up in the atmosphere, and thrive here on Earth, could help explain how life started on Earth. It even gives evidence to those who say life could have originated on Mars.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I saw this today, it could be a huge breakthrough.

I wonder if the carbon isotope test they talk about will work though - I mean if they're reproducing, it seems to me they'd be using terrestrial carbon to build the copies, thus rendering the test meaningless.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
is it a 1st wave?....... sending Micro-rain down to adjust the atmosphere to their liking! GET THE TIN FOIL HATS!!!!!!!!

Ok im done... please continue...

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
An amazing find. Maybe with more news of this type permeating our culture, we can finally realize that profit margins and Britney Spears are insignificant, and that the real story is our furture expansion into the cosmos.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think this story is just fascinating.

I always figured we'd discover "other life" that doens't amount to anything first. Looks like I was right.

Question is, can we figure out if this stuff came from somewhere that has "other life" that does amount to something?

Either way, might cause some fits with various religious beliefs. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

-O

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Dr. Loius' Paper.
arxiv.org...

New Scientist
www.newscientistspace.com...

Popular Science
www.popsci.com...

Observer
observer.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Quest]