It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So called Liberals who are mere gatekeepers for the Elite..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For some time I've had second thoughts about various players in the American Liberal media. Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Amy Goodman and Al Franken all fall into the catagory of gatekeepers. They are allowed a controlled level of dissent. None of these people have ever addressed 9/11 and the questions which surround it. Just an illusion for the American people to feel as though someone was looking out for them. Here's a clue, If they're on television? .....they're probably not on your side. They're not allowed to be.
Noam Chomsky probably is the worst culprit here. How does a supposed staunch critic of the military remain housed at MIT for thirty years which is vitually the US Air Force's proving ground facility.

www.onlinejournal.com...

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
But I agree with the article though. Like I've said before.. They don't care about.

Even the hippy and blackpanther movements of the 60's and 70's where covertly controlled and orchestrated by those elite.

Edit: my bad. I've noticed it's not your intention to do that.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Bandit, Christ did you miss the point or what ?....this isn't about libs or conservatives .....it's about frauds. Mods should refrain from hasty posts, just like the rest of us.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think I understand what you're getting at. However, it occurs to me that the particular people you've mentioned are primarily comedians/entertainers, not journalists or credible pundits. They're paid to draw an audience and help make money for their employers (and their employer's stockholders). Their shows are, as Steve Martin once put it, Professional Show-Biz Entertainment, and while they're not entirely without insight or thought, are designed primarily to elicit laughter and deliver eyeballs to their advertisers.

As much as I like Bill Maher and Jon Stewart, I don't know how much value I would place on any information about, 9/11 for example, they would provide. Simply by dint of their place in the American pop-cultural landscape, the information could be interpreted as corrupted by their handling of it.

On the other hand, that's just me -- I could be wrong.

Baack

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Baack, I see what you mean. The media nowadays is just not limilted to journalists. It refers to all print, radio, television and film. These players are like people standing at the deep end of the pool saying the waters fine while only dipping their toes in. My heroes had always been liberals.....not any more!

new topics

top topics

join